Japan Just Approved a New Drug That Can Kill the Flu Virus In Just One Day

It'll be available in the US soon! Only $4300 a dose!

Fucking flu is killing people like it's 1918 this year. I think I'm just going to hibernate next year.

No joke. My friend's aunt died and she was 49. I also know 1 other person through a friend of a friend situation who also died last month from this flu.

I never used to really worry or consider modern flu that deadly. Now I'm going to be a lot more careful.

Just more reason to encourage people to wash their damn hands and to separate themselves or their children from others when they are diagnosed with the flu. It can take seven days from getting the flu before the actual symptoms manifest. If a member of your family is diagnosed with the flu it's pretty good odds everyone in the house has been exposed and is likely carrying the virus and even if you aren't expressing symptoms being in that seven day window, you can still pass it on to others.

No joke. My friend's aunt died and she was 49. I also know 1 other person through a friend of a friend situation who also died last month from this flu.

I never used to really worry or consider modern flu that deadly. Now I'm going to be a lot more careful.
This is the first year I've even remotely considered getting the flu shot.

The fuck? People are dying from flus now?
They never stopped man. The flu has been killing people as long as it's been around. This year's is just more of a mutherfucker than we've seen recently.

This is the first year I've even remotely considered getting the flu shot.

I got it just in time before Christmas. That damn "Australian flu" was moving down from one office to the next at work, people are dropping like flies every single day and I knew it was only a matter of time before it reaches my door.

Vaccine may only be 33% effective against that wicked H3N2 strand, but I got sick and better again in less than a week, while some people I know couldn't even stand up for a month during and after Christmas.

No dead people among families and friends though, so that's something.

There were some years when I skipped out on getting a flu shot mainly due to laziness, but never again. Better to shell out $10 than the E.R.

Last edited:
Those Japaneses are smart mofos.

My third nephew Cole who is nearing 1 years old ended up getting the flu a few weeks back and had to be given Tamiflu. I have to say I was a little worried after reading how bad this flu season has been and especially that a good deal of children and babies have died from it. He is all better now

had the flu 2 weeks ago and still have a residual cough. it is no joke

And for all you bald people they supposedly have a cure that's coming out soon.

My buddy’s two kids had flu and they wanted $650 for two courses of Tamiflu.

That’s WITH insurance (he’s a firefighter in right-to-work Virginia).

That’s some fucked up shit. There’s stories of kids dying of the flu in the papers and 5hey turn around and tell a blue collar guy $650 bones, please.

Talk about having your nuts in a vice.
This is what I was talking about, if politics was actually for the people...these kinda things would never happen.

Donald Rumsfeld? If he has stock in Roche, sure.
. tamiflu was a big deal during bush jr...I’m a little hazy in it cause it’s been some years but...

Bush,Rummy ,Cheney pitch the “Super virus is gonna kill you”, dod buys 7billiin in tamiflu...rummy owns a shit load stock in tamiflu(or Cali science firm who developed it) becomes mega rich.

Super virus never comes... rummy is rich and wherehouses full of the shit is set to be destroyed

Back