Japanese female fighters

Luffy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Could you guys name me the best Japanese female fighters? I'd like to check on them as well as watch their fights.

Might be retired too.

Also, as a bonus question, do you think the best Asian fighters, be it man or woman, are all in the MMA? Or they are still unknown in our eyes, in places we don't know? Asian, mainly Japan and China, are two countries very well known by powerful martial artists... so, do you think the MMA (RIZIN, UFC, ONE, etc) already features the best martial artists of those countries?

So, I asked two questions lol. Thanks.

Some Japanese female fighters, past and present, to check out:
Megumi Fujii (arguably the greatest female mixed martial artist, ever)
Yuka Tsuji
Hisae Watanabe
Satoko Shinashi
Miku Matsumoto
Naho Sugiyama
Mina Kurobe
Emi Fujino
Rena Kubota
Reina Miura
Mizuki Inoue
"Windy" Tomomi Sunaba
Kanna Asakura
Shizuka Sugiyama
Hiroko Yamanaka
Emiko Raika
Hiroko Yamanaka

Could you guys name me the best Japanese female fighters? I'd like to check on them as well as watch their fights.

Might be retired too.

There are other great fighters I'm forgetting, but in terms of style these people come to mind first:

Current:
Ayaka Hamasaki (MMA)
Saya Ito (Muay Thai/Kickboxing)
Kana (Kickboxing)
Rena Kubota (Shootboxing/MMA)
Jinnai Madoka (Muay Thai/Kickboxing)
Mizuki Inoue (MMA)
Syuri Kondo (MMA)
Kanna Asakura (MMA)
Mei Yamaguchi (MMA)

Retired:
Erika Kamimura (Muay Thai/Kickboxing)
Megumi Fujii (MMA)
Miku Matsumoto (MMA)

Last edited:

Might be retired too.

Also, as a bonus question, do you think the best Asian fighters, be it man or woman, are all in the MMA? Or they are still unknown in our eyes, in places we don't know? Asian, mainly Japan and China, are two countries very well known by powerful martial artists... so, do you think the MMA (RIZIN, UFC, ONE, etc) already features the best martial artists of those countries?

Best asian fighters are in korea and thailand bro.

Korea usually produces better mma fighters. Thailand obviously produces the best thai fighters, but mma has been hobbled there for years by protectionist laws against non Muay Thai fight sports

Korea, I'll address in a separate post..

Could you name some Korean female fighters as well? The best ones! Thanks.

Could you name some Korean female fighters as well? The best ones! Thanks.
That is a much shorter list.

Seo Hee Ham (Road FC champ)
Chan Mi Jeon (UFC strawweight)
Ji Yeon Kim (UFC flyweight)
Jeong Eun Park (RFC)
Ye Ji Lee (RFC)
Yun Ha Hong (RFC)
Yu Ri Shim (RFC)
Young Ji Kim (RFC)
So Hee Lim (RFC)
Sun Yu Chun (RFC)
Jin Hee Kang (RFC)
Hyo Kyung Song (Angel's Fighting)

Check out hisae watanabe. She's a milf and has ko power and her mma record is nice.

That is a much shorter list.

Seo Hee Ham (Road FC champ)
Chan Mi Jeon (UFC strawweight)
Ji Yeon Kim (UFC flyweight)
Jeong Eun Park (RFC)
Ye Ji Lee (RFC)
Yun Ha Hong (RFC)
Yu Ri Shim (RFC)
Young Ji Kim (RFC)
So Hee Lim (RFC)
Sun Yu Chun (RFC)
Jin Hee Kang (RFC)
Hyo Kyung Song (Angel's Fighting)
How is someone with 1 win and 6 losses one of the best ones? If those were the best ones, I am a bit disappointed with the Korean fighters...

How is someone with 1 win and 6 losses one of the best ones? If those were the best ones, I am a bit disappointed with the Korean fighters...
1. Not a single fighter I listed has a 1-6 record.
2. Welcome to Korean mma. Go watch the fights, and look at who they're fighting, and you'll quickly understand that Korean fighters, especially the females, almost all go through a baptism of fire. Oftentimes the only fights Korean fighters get offered is against opponents with much more experience. Especially when they go to Japanese promotions. Just look at who Ham fought in her first five fights. Watanabe was 17-4. Matsumoto was 12-4. Ayumia Saito 8-3. Finally an easy fight, and then Yuka Tsuji was 19-1.
3. Couple that with the fact that up until very recently, it wasn't easy for a Korean female to get decent training.

Might be retired too.

The hottest right now is Shinju Auclair.
16298954_461287920926577_9079261598932501848_n.jpg

Kanna, bro.

Watch the NYE Rizin event. Was so sweet.

I think she worked as a dominatrix. Not sure where I heard that. Strikeforce commentary team?
I think she did. Lol. I remember it use to say it on wiki but now I don't see it anymore lol.

I think she worked as a dominatrix. Not sure where I heard that. Strikeforce commentary team?
She worked in S&M prior to MMA. JEWELS used it as a promotional point a few times.

1. Not a single fighter I listed has a 1-6 record.
2. Welcome to Korean mma. Go watch the fights, and look at who they're fighting, and you'll quickly understand that Korean fighters, especially the females, almost all go through a baptism of fire. Oftentimes the only fights Korean fighters get offered is against opponents with much more experience. Especially when they go to Japanese promotions. Just look at who Ham fought in her first five fights. Watanabe was 17-4. Matsumoto was 12-4. Ayumia Saito 8-3. Finally an easy fight, and then Yuka Tsuji was 19-1.
3. Couple that with the fact that up until very recently, it wasn't easy for a Korean female to get decent training.
1 - Okay, make it 1-5 then. Not much of a difference.

2 - Many Koreans in that list have fought among themselves. I am mainly contesting that because you, alongside the guy above you have said that the best MMA fighters are in Korea. So, it sounds weird that the majority of them would have a low record in comparison with the Japaneses for example. I'd expect for the Korean and Japanese fighters to be switched aside based on what you guys have said, but instead we have pretty reputed fighter in the Japanese's side and basically just Seo Hee Ham and at most another one in the Korean's side, which doesn't match what you guys have said.

3- See above.

1 - Okay, make it 1-5 then. Not much of a difference.

2 - Many Koreans in that list have fought among themselves. I am mainly contesting that because you, alongside the guy above you have said that the best MMA fighters are in Korea. So, it sounds weird that the majority of them would have a low record in comparison with the Japaneses for example. I'd expect for the Korean and Japanese fighters to be switched aside based on what you guys have said, but instead we have pretty reputed fighter in the Japanese's side and basically just Seo Hee Ham and at most another one in the Korean's side, which doesn't match what you guys have said.

3- See above.

Only two of them have fought each other as professionals.

Your reading comprehension has failed you. Here is what the guy who posted above me said.

Here is what I said:

Korea usually produces better mma fighters. Thailand obviously produces the best thai fighters, but mma has been hobbled there for years by protectionist laws against non Muay Thai fight sports
Korea, I'll address in a separate post..

How you took that, saying Korea produces better mma fighters than Thailand, and conflated it to mean the Koreans would be right alongside the Japanese in mma, I don't know.

If you're gonna ask people to do research for you, then crap all over what they give you, then do you own damn research for now on.

leto1776 said:
Only two of them have fought each other as professionals.
Nope, more than than two have fought amongst themselves. Maybe I didn't make myself so clear, but by "fighting amongst themselves" I meant "fighting another Korean", not "fighting someone of the list". So yeah, what I said stands.
leto1776 said:
Your reading comprehension has failed you. Here is what the guy who posted above me said.
No, it hasn't. The guy flat out stated that the best MMA fighters are in Korea and Thailand -- not in Japan --which is exactly what I said. YOU quoted the guy and stated that Koreans produces the best MMA fighters, which would logically mean Korean is produccing the best MMA fighters in ASIA, since the post you quoted is specifically saying the best fighters are in Korea. If you just meant that Korea produces better mma fighters than Thailand, then you should have specified that.

So what has failed here is the way you conveyed your point, not my interpretation.
leto1776 said:
If you're gonna ask people to do research for you, then crap all over what they give you, then do you own damn research for now on.
I am not "crapping all over" your research. I am merely saying I found strange how some of those MMA fighters were with a low record despite being -- at least according to the guy above (and you gave this impression as well since you didn't make yourself very clearly) -- the best in Asia.

If you think the merely statement of a "are those the best ones? They don't seem so good" is crapping all over your research then you are being a bit too sensitive, really.

Back