Jarrett Hurd vs. Jermell Charlo being planned for next fight

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
WBC junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo beat Austin Trout last Saturday night to get his voluntary defense out of the way, and he’ll now be fighting IBF/WBA 154lb champion Jarrett Hurd (22-0, 15 KOs) next. Richard Schaefer reportedly announced at the post-fight press conference last Saturday that adviser Al Haymon will be working on making the Hurd-Charlo fight for a unification fight between them.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/06/jarrett-hurd-vs-jermell-charlo-being-planned-for-next-fight/

Great fight, but one of them should change their hair, if not both of them.

Twin will beat him.

Really good fight but I think Charlo is the pretty clear favorite. Hurd will make him work his ass off though.

Best fight in the division. I'm glad they're putting it on now and not waisting more time.

Twin will beat him.

Styles help determine victors. Lara could beat Charlo in my mind. Hurd beat Lara. Charlo can beat Hurd.

The way the matches played out favours Charlo.

Styles help determine victors. Lara could beat Charlo in my mind. Hurd beat Lara. Charlo can beat Hurd.

The way the matches played out favours Charlo.

Eris should have beat him. He fought sloppy. He could easily beat Twin if he was active enough. He beat Canelo imo and had the fight easy had he just let his hands go.

No question

Charlo will have to hurt and possibly even stop Hurd to beat him, I think. It will be fireworks either way.

Charlo's talent should prevail, but betting against Hurd isn't the wisest move in current boxing.

i thought hurd wanted munguia...that would be a good fight too...i got charlo to take hurd, though...but given how hurd beat my main man lara, i wouildn't be surprised either way.

I'm taking charlo, great fight though. Winner should be in the P4P top ten

Good fight, but I’d favor Charlo. Hurd just gets hit too much and Charlo isn’t a guy you want to depend on using your chin as a line of defense.

it's really difficult to predict against hurd. he isn't much of a boxer, but he is huge and he moves forward like a tank. charlo likes to get drawn into wild exchanges a bit too much for my liking, and that could cost him against a battering ram like hurd.

if charlo stays composed and boxes, he beats the shit out of him. he is very physical himself, and a far better boxer... but if he makes it a fight, he gets dropped and possibly put away.

At first I was thinking hurd. But charlo is pretty good....

Probably charlo

I'm less impressed with Jermell than Jermall. I'll take Hurd in this one. Not a fan of Hurd's style but he's going to be tough to beat at 154.

Back