JDS wants a Top Five opponent, preferably Volkov! Thinks Reem and Werdum are scared.

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/...perfect-match-up-against-alexander-volkov-mma

“I had already closed a deal to fight Ngannou before all this happened. He could be an option, but I think he has another fight. A rematch with Overeem could be nice, but I think he has a fight, too. I also don’t think he’d take that fight. There’s Werdum, actually there’s not, he wouldn’t take it. But I think there’s Alexander Volkov, he’s climbing the division and has no fights scheduled. That would be a perfect match-up. I know he wants to fight for the belt, so I’ll give him that feeling of what it’s like to fight for the belt.”

junior-dos-santos-ufc-fighter.jpg

Seems to have a lot of belief in himself. Personally I think any one of the fighters he named would finish him but there you go.

Seems to have a lot of belief in himself. Personally I think any one of the fighters he named would finish him but there you go.
I disagree, I think he's still a horrible matchup for Werdum

Didnt Reem KO'd him?? Did he lost memory with the beatings?

reem would be scared...... JDS sometimes talks too much shit. but a fight against werdum would be great. 2 washed up HWs

I disagree, I think he's still a horrible matchup for Werdum

I understand your point but I just don't think JDS is the same fighter he was back when they fought before. Werdum is over the hill too but 2018 post-USADA JDS is a shadow of his former self IMO.

I'd love to see JDS/Ngannou. Someone would get slept spectacularly.

Wait didnt JDS pop for a substance recently? Is he cleared or?

Instead of fishing for a fight, he should learn some damn footwork. No excuse for an elite fighter to get backed up against the cage 50 times a round.

JDS will always kill Werdum

Horrible matchup for cock guy

I understand your point but I just don't think JDS is the same fighter he was back when they fought before. Werdum is over the hill too but 2018 post-USADA JDS is a shadow of his former self IMO.

He doesn't have to be. Werdum is not known for his power and his offensive wrestling isnt the greatest. Its just a bad matchup.

JDS vs Werdum 2 would be cool. I got a feeling Volkov is being saved for backup for Stipe vs Cormier, incase there is a pull out which seems to happen in every big fight these days.

Back