JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON (Cancelled at Amazon)

I'll be watching this. I hear hear great things.

Bump. I watched the pilot episode. Weird that they get branded as episode 00 now.
Anyway, JCVD is at his best when he's somewhat tongue in cheek and breaking the fourth wall with movie references and scathing humor about the production process.
It's a good counter to the ham that action movies and especially JCVD can deliver at times.
Decent start and a nice potential guilty pleasure. 7/10.

This really exceeded my expectations. Surprised this has to be picked up period. It's extremely well done with a lot of potential.

I liked the pilot, had some funny moments. But could use some polishing, like the musical cues for the comedic parts. Noticed the same thing with Amazon's other pilot The Tick.

One of my favorite scenes was JCVD meeting his doppelganger. The ending of that bit could have been way funnier though.

I liked the pilot, had some funny moments. But could use some polishing, like the musical cues for the comedic parts. Noticed the same thing with Amazon's other pilot The Tick.

One of my favorite scenes was JCVD meeting his doppelganger. The ending of that bit could have been way funnier though.
that scene made me laugh out loud, it was so crazy

of the critic reviews I've read, most seem to like it with the only real criticism being that they think they've got the joke already and don't need more episodes, which i tend to disagree of course. there's more to this than just being a one gimmick joke, the writing is good enough that there is definitely more that can be explored

The pilot was better than I was expecting, they certainly could polish some things if the series gets picked up. It would be cool if they could bring in some other JCVD fixtures into the show for some cameos or small parts like Bolo Yeung, Michel Qissi, Dolph, etc.

I assume they were leading to something similar to that with "Mr.Brown" being JCVD's main rival in the Black Ops... who I guess would be revealed in future episodes as a surprise cameo famous person. Would be fucking hilarious if it was Steven Seagal (doubtful given his history with JCVD) since he claimed to work for the CIA back in the day for some secret missions.... in fact, I kept thinking the entire concept of the show "Jean Claude Van Johnson" would work better if it was about Steven Seagal being the best Black Ops killer of all time, but now he has to struggle with his weight/age as he re-enters the Black Ops....being an egomaniac Aikido movie star was just his cover the whole time.

Watched this last night. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

This just goes to show what I've known for years, and that's that JCVD is really a pretty good actor and, when given the right material, can be pretty damn entertaining. I said this earlier, but I really wish more directors would take a chance on him and give him non-action roles in mainstream movies. JCVD as directed by Martin Scorsese . . . that's what I want.

Also, I have to say, holy SHIT Van Damme is in good shape for this shit. I haven't seen him with this kind of size and definition in years. It's very close to his body in his prime.

Pilot was good. Hope it gets picked up.

Also, if you liked this, check out the movie JCVD

Pilot was good. Hope it gets picked up.

Also, if you liked this, check out the movie JCVD

I wonder if this would've even been made if there had been no JCVD. Because it definitely seems inspired by that project.

JCVD's daughter has it going on.

bree-vandamme-800.jpg

bianca_van_damme.jpg

bianca_van_damme-9.jpg

Hopefully, some Hong Kong film company starts making bad ass movies with her.

Update: October 19, 2017

Official Trailer for JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON, Premieres Dec. 15 on Amazon

Jean-Claude Van Johnson stars global martial arts & film sensation Jean-Claude Van Damme playing "Jean-Claude Van Damme," a global martial arts & film sensation, also operating under the simple alias of "Johnson" as the world's most dangerous undercover operative. Unhappily retired, a chance encounter lures him back into the game, forcing him to confront the greatest enemy he’s ever faced. Premieres on Amazon Prime December 15.

So like another take on the JCVD quasi-fiction?

Nice! I enjoyed the pilot. Glad to see JCVD land in a fairly high-profile project like this.

Looks fun... I like the comedy angle. Usually enjoy Van-Damme... so looking forward to it.

Back