Jedrzejczyk on UFC 223 loss to Namajunas: Even Dana White and Rose's coach said I won.

Yikes. This screams of narcissism like Ronda. But instead of just pretending like it didn't happen and mentally blocking it out like Ronda did, she is coming up with reasons why she didn't really lose and convincing herself of them. Her using the made-up opinions of other people is also a narcissist tactic. Like when Trump says "people are saying". It's just a way to filter their own opinion through someone else. I can understand having a difficult time accepting the decision because of the discrepancy between the judges in relation to which round Joanna won. But making up things that people said is downright delusional and fucked up. There's no way someone's coach would say that even if they've really believed it.

Joanna Contender
Joanna Champion
Joanna Excuses
Joanna Sore Loser

he's been saying it ever since tho. About any Brazilian that's mentioned.
And some non Brazilians too I believe, I still don't think it's too bad just silly.

What he said about Mike Perry's girlfriend is worse imo, that's personal and had nothing to do with anything.

She went from denial to delusion to dishonesty. Did she make this claim about Rose's corner in any English language media? If no then she's not misunderstanding anything, she's flat out lying.

Yikes. This screams of narcissism like Ronda. But instead of just pretending like it didn't happen and mentally blocking it out like Ronda did, she is coming up with reasons why she didn't really lose and convincing herself of them. Her using the made-up opinions of other people is also a narcissist tactic. Like when Trump says "people are saying". It's just a way to filter their own opinion through someone else. I can understand having a difficult time accepting the decision because of the discrepancy between the judges in relation to which round Joanna won. But making up things that people said is downright delusional and fucked up. There's no way someone's coach would say that even if they've really believed it.

Well said. I couldn't have said it any better.

Has somebody shooped a Joanna big book of excuses yet?

The problem is that Dana and Rose's coach aren't the judges.

Lying is a big word, misunderstandings happen all the time. Like Wittman saying Joanna said Pat was saying bad things about her. She never did, infact she said Pat insulted Paulina from Perfecting Athletes. Trevor wasn't lying, he just got the story mixed up a little.

You sound as if you fancy yourself as a prosecuting attorney, well the world isn't so black and white. If Joanna believes someone in Rose's camp said something she isn't necessarily lying, just getting the wrong end of the stick. Lying is the deliberate telling of an untruth, not misunderstanding sometihing, now back to your books Mr Future DA.

Joanna made a definitive claim that Rose's coach said she won is not a misunderstanding. That's downright lying.

It would have been a misunderstanding had she said, "I thought I heard Rose's coach said I won.

Joanna has a history of lying before - "I did not tap."

Yea, because I'm half Puerto Rican.

Props to you for being strong and not give in to the hate and to not reverse the hate. Not a lot of people can take that you took and remain not resentful towards an entire race of people because of a few bad ones.

Used to be a fan, now I can’t stand her because she’s developed “Ronda-itis”.

Her book of excuses is getting right up there with big Nog’s

She has already surpassed them all.

"I did not tap." (while the camera clearly showed her tapping)

"Rose's coach said I won." (LOL!)

She makes Ronda seems mentally stable.

Her argument of her landing more punches would only be relevant if they scored the fights by a whole. But nope its a round by round. And most people not all would agree rose had 3 rounds JJ had 2. ( so ya the judges bunged up giving her 4 rounds )

there are two distinctly different things at play here:

1. what JJ really believes

2. how she presents herself to the media

I find it entirely plausible that JJ thought that she had won the fight. I had it Rose 3-2 but it was a close fight.

Despite what many posters on this thread are writing, I see no sign that JJ's take on the last 2 fights with Rose indicate that she is mentally broken and unable to fight effectively going forward. The fact is that she made a bunch of excuses before the 2nd fight (weight cut) & she fought considerably better in the 2nd fight. It seems plausible that she really did have a bad weight cut for the first fight. Even if she didn't, the fact that she complained about it did not prevent her from performing better in the 2nd fight.

I have no issue with JJ believing that she should have got the decision (2) or that the weight cut was a problem (1). Both are probably reasonable things for her to believe. I would not be surprised if Dana gave her some reason for her to believe that he thought that she won.

I don't think that she is doing herself any favors by complaining about the fight and not properly respecting Rose. That is bad PR. But... many people want fighters to be more honest. Yet when JJ is brutally honest about her opinion on the fight she is attacked as delusional.

Fight fans are difficult to please. Fighters should believe what we believe and if they don't, they should STFU and act like they do.

Don't get me wrong. I find many of JJ's antics in the press to be cringeworthy. But she has acted like this for a while. The only thing that changed is she lost a couple of fights.

I don't think that JJ's problem going forward is mental. The issue is that she is leaving her prime and she just got beaten twice by a younger fighter. JJ has skills and conditioning but she also lacks power. So she probably has to win by volume striking and going to decision. It is natural for her to decline. IMO - best case is that she gets another shot at the title by winning a couple of fights and avoiding Rose. More likely she will display the same pattern as many champs at that age -- flashes of the old magic followed by the inability to sustain a win streak. Ask Carlos Condit how that feels.

Wow now she is lying that is messed up, only pieces of shit lie

If it's that close, you can't really complain when the decision goes either way. Most judges had it for Rose. That's just the way it goes.

It was one of those fights that was closer than the scores indicated.

I love JJ, hate Rose, and there is no doubt in my mind that Rose won that fight.

Back