Jedrzejczyk on UFC 223 loss to Namajunas: Even Dana White and Rose's coach said I won.

I didn't tap
I won because her coaches said
I am real champion
Weight cut

She needs her own book imo.

35basz6.jpg

“Even Rose’s coach said after the verdict that I won that fight,” Jedrzejczyk told PolsatSport.pl, as translated by Bartek Stachura. She again brought up the disparity in total number of strikes for both of them as “proof” that she should’ve won.

“Numbers don’t lie. Commission in New York is very young. They are still learing how to score fights,” Joanna said. “Dana White was also a little bit disgusted by the scoring.”

Jedrzejczyk also went on to say that she will be meeting with the UFC brass about her next move soon. Moving up to flyweight isn’t completely out of the question, but she mainly wants a trilogy with Namajunas, whether it happens immediately, or after she picks up one more win at strawweight.

For what it’s worth, at least publicly, Dana White didn’t mention or show any “disgust” about the scoring, and thought it was a pretty close fight.

“Rose looked incredible. If you look at how much she has grown since the Ultimate Fighter, she looked amazing tonight,” White said during the UFC 223 post-fight press conference. “Joanna did too. It was a great fight. I had it 2-2 going into the last round.”

It is also worth noting that 18 out of the 22 media members compiled by MMA Decisions scored it for Namajunas. The three official judges had it 49-46 for Namajunas, while the majority from the media had it 48-47, also for Rose.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

DAMN!! Guess Rose gave her much more damage than we thought!!!

there are two distinctly different things at play here:

1. what JJ really believes

2. how she presents herself to the media

I find it entirely plausible that JJ thought that she had won the fight. I had it Rose 3-2 but it was a close fight.

Despite what many posters on this thread are writing, I see no sign that JJ's take on the last 2 fights with Rose indicate that she is mentally broken and unable to fight effectively going forward. The fact is that she made a bunch of excuses before the 2nd fight (weight cut) & she fought considerably better in the 2nd fight. It seems plausible that she really did have a bad weight cut for the first fight. Even if she didn't, the fact that she complained about it did not prevent her from performing better in the 2nd fight.

I have no issue with JJ believing that she should have got the decision (2) or that the weight cut was a problem (1). Both are probably reasonable things for her to believe. I would not be surprised if Dana gave her some reason for her to believe that he thought that she won.

I don't think that she is doing herself any favors by complaining about the fight and not properly respecting Rose. That is bad PR. But... many people want fighters to be more honest. Yet when JJ is brutally honest about her opinion on the fight she is attacked as delusional.

Fight fans are difficult to please. Fighters should believe what we believe and if they don't, they should STFU and act like they do.

Don't get me wrong. I find many of JJ's antics in the press to be cringeworthy. But she has acted like this for a while. The only thing that changed is she lost a couple of fights.

I don't think that JJ's problem going forward is mental. The issue is that she is leaving her prime and she just got beaten twice by a younger fighter. JJ has skills and conditioning but she also lacks power. So she probably has to win by volume striking and going to decision. It is natural for her to decline. IMO - best case is that she gets another shot at the title by winning a couple of fights and avoiding Rose. More likely she will display the same pattern as many champs at that age -- flashes of the old magic followed by the inability to sustain a win streak. Ask Carlos Condit how that feels.
Can't believe you actually took the time to write this considering the nature of the discussion in this thread so far.

Thanks for bringing a sensible perspective to the table instead of just piling on like the rest.

What a moron, the NY commission is young, they don't know how to score fights?

The 3 judges scoring the fight have each judged like hundreds of fights LOL

Chris Lee, Glen Trowbridge and Dave Tirelli

Anyone who watches the UFC have heard at least 2 of these names

What a moron, the NY commission is young, they don't know how to score fights?

The 3 judges scoring the fight have each judged like hundreds of fights LOL

Chris Lee, Glen Trowbridge and Dave Tirelli

Anyone who watches the UFC have heard at least 2 of these names

That's why every judge gave her dif round.

It was 48-47 to Rose but only just. The 49-46 scores were noob judging. Under no scenario did Rose win RD 3 or 4. She won rounds 1,2 and 5 (Just).

It was close fight and it's easy to understand why Joanna thinks she won. IMO fight could been scored either way, there wasn't any knockdowns and Joanna was able to land more punches at every single round. Me as a well known Joanna homer was little bit biased about it at first place, but truth is that this wasn't robbery at all like Joanna thinks.

It was close fight and it's easy to understand why Joanna thinks she won. IMO fight could been scored either way, there wasn't any knockdowns and Joanna was able to land more punches at every single round. Me as a well known Joanna homer was little bit biased about it at first place, but truth is that this wasn't robbery at all like Joanna thinks.

It wasn't robbery, fight was close, I'm JJ's fan and think she didn't do enough to win this fight, belt in wmma was never lost via decision. She should know this, she got enough cardio to push pace in 4&5, yet didn't pull trigger. She is not newbie fighter.I know there is always KO from first fight in your head, but then again why did you take rematch after 5-6 months?

Joanna Young Cray Chick....

Cuz the woman is cray cray...know what I mean?

I'll see myself out.

Joanna Jedjfkldjaodioafdio12asdioafjaacdjkfadsopfadiop200dkiasdjadklfj28049090fjasdklasdkl2kklsdfjjkknkhadof9290ei0fjsdklfsdklfjkfhjdoc0d90cck has lost her mind.

And some non Brazilians too I believe, I still don't think it's too bad just silly.

What he said about Mike Perry's girlfriend is worse imo, that's personal and had nothing to do with anything.

nah bro, calling s group of people filthy animals is definitely worse. At least him and Mike don't like each other. Still bad tho

“Even Rose’s coach said after the verdict that I won that fight,” Jedrzejczyk told PolsatSport.pl, as translated by Bartek Stachura. She again brought up the disparity in total number of strikes for both of them as “proof” that she should’ve won.

“Numbers don’t lie. Commission in New York is very young. They are still learing how to score fights,” Joanna said. “Dana White was also a little bit disgusted by the scoring.”

Jedrzejczyk also went on to say that she will be meeting with the UFC brass about her next move soon. Moving up to flyweight isn’t completely out of the question, but she mainly wants a trilogy with Namajunas, whether it happens immediately, or after she picks up one more win at strawweight.

For what it’s worth, at least publicly, Dana White didn’t mention or show any “disgust” about the scoring, and thought it was a pretty close fight.

“Rose looked incredible. If you look at how much she has grown since the Ultimate Fighter, she looked amazing tonight,” White said during the UFC 223 post-fight press conference. “Joanna did too. It was a great fight. I had it 2-2 going into the last round.”

It is also worth noting that 18 out of the 22 media members compiled by MMA Decisions scored it for Namajunas. The three official judges had it 49-46 for Namajunas, while the majority from the media had it 48-47, also for Rose.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Oh JJ, please don’t do this...

Maybe the takedown in the last round decided the fight. Maybe it was pretty close overall. But Rose did win 48-47 and you know it too, Joanna.

Yeah. I imagine Dana disagreed with the judges on the basis that all three of them had it 4 rounds to 1 in favor of Rose (also the fact the judges awarded Joanna different rounds, 2, 3 & 4 respectively). Not that he 'thought Joanna won' thats just Joanna taking his disagreement with the scorecards and running with it.

I agree, the decision should have been a 3-2 to Rose. I had her winning 1, 2 & 5.

I also don't believe Roses' coach thought Joanna won. That's bullshit.
Maybe Rose‘s corner was being nice or humble. If they were, it’s clearly because they knew they won the fight.

Joanna needs to go back to the ugly corner where she comes from. Never seen such a cry baby and has no respect for anyone except herself.

1st fight she got KO'd and claimed she never tapped, 2nd fight admittely it was close but a clear 3 rounds to 2 for Rose. Rose done more damage but I wish she would have rearranged her face even more.

What really pissed me off was her bringing her nephew in the media spotlight so to make herself look like a better person. I feel sorry for the boy having a witch for an Aunt.

It wasn't robbery, fight was close, I'm JJ's fan and think she didn't do enough to win this fight, belt in wmma was never lost via decision. She should know this, she got enough cardio to push pace in 4&5, yet didn't pull trigger. She is not newbie fighter.I know there is always KO from first fight in your head, but then again why did you take rematch after 5-6 months?

Exactly. Move for 125 would be best option for JJ, because there isn't much to achieve anymore at SW. I think Rose will be champion for long time because her head movement, reach advantage and understanding of distance is way too much for anyone at SW.

She has already surpassed them all.

"I did not tap." (while the camera clearly showed her tapping)

"Rose's coach said I won." (LOL!)

She makes Ronda seems mentally stable.

You guys are crazy lol

Back