Jedrzejczyk on UFC 223 loss to Namajunas: Even Dana White and Rose's coach said I won.

She’s now in that strange purgatory where she won’t be champ again at 115 and the soon to be champ at 125 has already beaten her thrice.

The 49-46 scoring was a bit iffy I thought it was a clear 48-47 with it being 2-2 going into the 5th

If Joanna won that 5th I think she'd have a legit reason to be pissed, but Rose won 1, 2 and 5 pretty clearly.
^^^^THIS!
She should coming back from her staged "badgirl"-attitude into reality! Not a champ, no champs-bonus for her! And to say, the NYAC is young and they have to learn correct counting? Come on!

<JonesDXSuckIt>

There's no way that Rose's coach said that JJ won the fight! JJ is lying.

Exactly. Move for 125 would be best option for JJ, because there isn't much to achieve anymore at SW. I think Rose will be champion for long time because her head movement, reach advantage and understanding of distance is way too much for anyone at SW.

To be honest?115 lbs is her weight class for mma, she competed in kickboxing/muay thai as 125 lbser, without too much weight cutting.
Shevchenko was competing as 130-135 lbser as muay thai/kickboxing fighter and it is natural to her to compete as 125 lbser but in mma, with all fighters cutting weight it's necessary.
That being said what I can understand from her orignal interview, she said, she will compete as WSW only if she will fight near title shot, otherwise she will move up. So for me it's clear she will move up, I don't think UFC wants her as WSW, when WFLW lacks good names.
About Rose it's hard to say. I think cardio is her big problem, she wasn't really pressed by JJ, still gassed out after 2-3 rounds. That takedown in 5th round was more act of desperation than some neat tactic. So cardio not really good, it will be okey for fighter like Gadelha, but fighters like Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, even Esparza and Torres will have better cardio. Bascily I don't think she can repeat JJ's tactic against Andrade, because of this ( not mention she doesn't mix things up: body shots, leg kicks etc. things that will help in 5 round fights). So yeah maybe but, if Rogan already corrupted her with his comments then it will be short championship reign.

many people want fighters to be more honest. Yet when JJ is brutally honest about her opinion on the fight she is attacked as delusional.

She's not brutally honest, she's brutally delusional which is why she is attacked as delusional.

{<jordan}

She should pay cormier to yell real champ REAL CHAMP

REAL CHAMPPPPPPP

LOL. I legit read your post in DC's voice in my head. Well done.

35basz6.jpg

This is GOLD!!! You Sir are a God amongst men!!

Can't believe you actually took the time to write this considering the nature of the discussion in this thread so far.

Thanks for bringing a sensible perspective to the table instead of just piling on like the rest.

thanks. & thanks for taking the time to read it

Joanna needs a better PR coach.

Everyone would love her if she just talked less. Play up the cute girl image. Thats what we want

I wouldn't put it past Whitman to say that, then deny it later. Everything about that guy screams Shady ass creeper.

I understand why people need confidence in many situations. But humility is actually an extremely powerful mindset as well. It helps people handle outcomes that they hate, look at the facts coldly, and make improvements.

I've heard people defend the kind of delusional confidence displayed by athletes, whether Rousey, who is the most outstanding example of it, to Joanna, to the much smaller recent example of Adesanya. But I believe it makes them weaker as fighters and as people in the long run. A humble person can be confident, but they aren't confident in some sort of inherent superiority, but they instead find confidence in their preparation, in their team, and in their willingness to work and improve.

That said, there's no doubt that overweening confidence brought Joanna and Rousey and others very far. It just seems like at some point it can't get them over that last plateau.

Great point. The point at which confidence fails over humility especially in the inevitable moment of defeat. Humility can take defeat, isn't even really surprised by it, certainly is not scandalized by it.

Also you have to take into consideration what those two mindsets are like outside of the ring or the work environment etc. Humility is WAY better for everyone involved.

Being brutally honest means making things up about what people said?

Ikr? That crap about Rose's corner saying JJ won is not a misunderstanding or misinterpretation, it's an outright lie!!! There's zero honesty in her saying that.

I can respect and appreciate a fighter for their skill and the entertainment they bring but to be a fan I'd need to like them on a personal level too, but maybe that's just me.

Jones is the best lhw and I'm amazed at his skill but I'm not a fan.
I’m a fan of all fighters

Back