Jeff Horn vs. Terence Crawford: How long will the Aussie last?

Yo Tipster!

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Last year I caught Manny Pacquiao vs. Jeff Horn live in Brisbane. I personally thought Manny earned the win on points, although he clearly struggled to find his rhythm. Jeff Horn is an absolute shambles of a fighter. His poor excuse for footwork makes my back teeth itch.

Looks like order in the division will be restored now that the Australian has been confirmed to fight mandatory challenger Terence Crawford. Welcome to the real fight game, Hornet. This is going to hurt.

Is there anyone out there except Horn's promoter Dean Lonergan who gives the current champion a remote chance of taking out Bud?

Have to love this quote from Lonergan, who is on another planet.

"They should be nervous because we’re not going there to lose. There’s a lot of people in America that will go ‘sure, sure’. But nobody thought he could beat Pacquiao."

If this fight goes past round 6 it will be a miracle. What odds are you giving Hornet on this one?

The sheer size of Horn will make TC take about 10 rounds, I'm thinking.

Meh, new-ish weight class for Crawford against a guy that Pac couldn't hurt?

Decision for Crawford.

I think 7-9 is most likely scenerio for Horn to go. Crawford always takes 2 rounds to feel his opponent out After that I expect Horn to be tough enough to hang around a little.

Meh, new-ish weight class for Crawford against a guy that Pac couldn't hurt?

Decision for Crawford.

This. Late stoppage if it doesn't go to the cards.

I'll go with what everyone else is saying: late round stoppage.

yeah horn is gritty and survived manny, but crawford is laser accurate with his shots, and he won't be stumbling over his own feet like pac did.

i expect terence to mow him down easily. he will work the body early and stop him in the mid rounds.

Not sure what this proves. One of the best offensive fighters of the era couldn't do shit to him. I see Pac giving it his all there and nothing happened.

I don't get where this Crawford the Destroyer shit comes from.

Crawford destroys this bum and makes him suffer for the full 12 rounds.

MASSACRE

Yea this is going to be a 12 round boxing clinic/ beat down. Manny was past it against horn and his tendency to get off balanced played into Horn's game plan of roughing him up. Crawford will be on balance to let his counters shots go and he's gonna make Horn pay a price to close the distance. Crawford will hurt Horn multiple times and whether the fight ends by stoppage or UD is going to depend on Horn's ability to recover.

Depends on how quickly Crawford will want to get him out of there. If he plays around a bit (like in the Diaz fight) then that could take an extra couple rounds or even a few rounds. I don't think he'll play around but we can't know that in advance. Give a couple rounds for Crawford to feel him out, get his timing down and start to break him down a bit. He should have this wrapped up no later than the championship rounds unless Horn shows a ton of durability and great recovery from the shots that he'll be eating (Pac doesn't hit as hard as Crawford who is much larger). I'll go 8 rounds or less which will give Crawford around 6 rounds to put him away after the initial feeling out process.

I think he'll really want to make a statement against Horn for his first fight at Welterweight. He won't want to put up with Horn's "veteran tactics" for too long. I'll go within 8 rounds with a 5th or 6th round stoppage being very likely to happen.

Last edited:
Depends on how quickly Crawford will want to get him out of there. If he plays around a bit (like in the Diaz fight) then that could take an extra couple rounds or even a few rounds. I don't think he'll play around but we can't know that in advance. Give a couple rounds for Crawford to feel him out, get his timing down and start to break him down a bit. He should have this wrapped up no later than the championship rounds unless Horn shows a ton of durability and great recovery from the shots that he'll be eating (Pac doesn't hit as hard as Crawford who is much larger). I'll go 8 rounds or less which will give Crawford around 6 rounds to put him away after the initial feeling out process.

I think he'll really want to make a statement against Horn for his first fight at Welterweight. He won't want to put up with Horn's "veteran tactics" for too long. I'll go within 8 rounds with a 5th or 6th round stoppage being very likely to happen.
Horn is nothing special but I think you guys are underrating his toughness pretty significantly. He took everything Pac could dish out.

What do you mean "unless Horn shows durability?" The guy has proven nothing but durability. That literally is like the only real positive thing about him.

Horn is nothing special but I think you guys are underrating his toughness pretty significantly. He took everything Pac could dish out.

What do you mean "unless Horn shows durability?" The guy has proven nothing but durability. That literally is like the only real positive thing about him.

I said "unless he shows a ton of durability" and added great recovery. He'll be put down and I expect him to get back up. How many times he'll be able to do that against Crawford is the question. Crawford will work his body as well, something that Pac didn't do.

Horn also has good punch out put, and pretty quick feet, but he barely "defeated" a much faded Many who is not half the counter puncher, fighter on the back foot that Crawford is. All things considered Horn's style is Taylor made for Crawford to look amazing. But your point is taken Horn is a very tough guy, but I see Crawford testing the limits of Horn's durability.

Back