Jeff Horn vs Terence Crawford

Dr. Will

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What does each man have to do to get the W? How do you think this fight is going down?

I've seen Jeff in his past fights wind up his left hooks and get caught down the pipe, but Jeff can make it a difficult night if he gets rough n' tough. Are we writing Horn off completely? If Crawford weathers Horn's physicality well in particular, that would be impressive and a big psychological bonus going into a super fight with Errol Spence.

It's hard to give Horn too much of a chance, but his physicality might be able to cause Crawford some issues. Crawford is used to being the bigger man in the ring, and hasn't faced any tough pressure fighters since fighting Beltran way back at LW. Still, Horn is miles from something special and one would expect Crawford to outclass him.

I'm expecting Crawford to crush him. Horn isn't skilled enough and will take a lot of big punches until he folds or someone stops it.

jeff horn has bad skin which is terrible against an accurate switch-hitter like terrance crawford

crawford has the talent. he has power. he can use his muscle.

horn is a dog. he fights a little bit dirty as well.

horn is also the first true welterweight that crawford has fought.

online betting sites have good odds on horn. Wouldn't hurt to throw down 20 bucks, just in case.

Jeff Horn has a much better chance at an upset than Spence/OCampo for sure.

He's done the Olympics and made it the same round as Spence, so he at least has a good technical base.

Hes also a HUGE WW, practically a JMW, going up against a first time WW.

and while he shouldve lost to Pac, he did a lot better than Tim Bradley and Jessie Vargas did post MayMac. If we were talking about Time Bradley vs Crawford, most people would be giving Bradley a shot here.

It's hard to give Horn too much of a chance, but his physicality might be able to cause Crawford some issues. Crawford is used to being the bigger man in the ring, and hasn't faced any tough pressure fighters since fighting Beltran way back at LW. Still, Horn is miles from something special and one would expect Crawford to outclass him.

I would be very impressed to see Crawford absolutely destroy Horn. He'll win, but he'll have to work for it and won't like getting muscled around.

Crawford gonna get pushed around for a couple rounds but then start timing Jeff and use his aggression to catch him being wild.

I'm excited for this fight. Bud has been giving us great fights for a while now, and he'll be now in one of, if not the most interesting weight class. I hope he performs as well as he can be expected to, and becomes another great WW we can see matched up in exciting fights.

i expect horn to do absolutely fuckall in this fight. crawford is going to put him down like a sniper, i don't know what you're all talking about.

you guys have seen horn fight, right?

i might be wrong...lord knows, i've been wrong many times in the past (lara-hurd, dirrell-degale, broner-garcia), but i don't see this fight being remotely competitive. I see crawford by wipeout in easy fashion. not to disrespect horn, but he appears to be inept.. to me, horn is basically a clubfighter who got a lucky break against an aging pac...but if the pac fight shows anything it's that horn is basically target practice for crawford, horn isn't that durable and he doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of offensive ability either.

crawford by 5th round massacre...unless horn surpises everyone and turns into errol spence on fight night.

jeff horn has bad skin which is terrible against an accurate switch-hitter like terrance crawford
Horn got cut in his last sparring session on the wkend actually. Nothing too bad however. Ill tip horn to have some success early due to his size and awkward style. Bud to then make adjustments and stop him in 10th/11th

Crawford by ko in the middle rounds imo

It will look like Swift vs Salka.

I don’t expect Horn to get close but he has a great trainer who he follows without question and seems to come up with great game plans. Been plenty of sniping and shit talk before this one, should be a lot of fun on sunday, esp with the UFC card having plenty of Aussies on it too!

Horn is a game guy but he should get torn to pieces if Crawford is anywhere near his best. I think Horn's heart will make this a good fun fight though

Horn has to put constant pressure on Crawford and steal the rounds and sway the judges and some fans, by trying to control the fight. Horns chin should help him take some power shots from Crawford, but only for a little bit and early in the fight, after that he better move his head, because Crawford is going to try to knock him out.

Horn needs to fight like Chavez sr and pressure pressure and pressure Crawford every round, for about 7 rounds and then jab and counter, making Crawford chase him and making the judges think Crawford is desperate and needing a knockout or knockdown.

But this won't happen and Horn will look good early, until Crawford knocks him down and finally stops him, late in the fight, beating Horn up badly.

jeff horn's training video -

double jab, hooks to body (have fun trying to land two successive ripping hooks to the body and maintain that stamina in the late rounds), horn ready to be a bully. We should be getting their media workouts soon.

everyone (including myself) is on the crawford late TKO train it seems. win or lose, jeff horn to me is better than many give him credit for but I've seen him move his head forward too much in exchanges without defending it, making him susceptible to shots on the side of the head.

there will be a day when jeff horn is going to get KO'd very badly, we wonder if it's this week.

Jeff Horn by 11th round TKO doctor stoppage

A cut from a headbutt deemed a punch.

FTW baby! Aussies taken over combat sports! It's time! Finally!

I could even step up and be the Aussie version of Oscar. I'll just need to wash my kitchen utensils first.

Back