Jeff Horn vs Terence Crawford

horn actually stayed in there longer than i thought he would. he didn't do any better than i imagined, though.

the stoppage wasn't perfect, but i'm fine with it, seeing as he was getting the shit kicked out of him for 9 rounds straight.

Anyone else notice that boxing fights now days get stopped a little too early? Crawford was dominating and would of won the fight but let him work more. Don't just stop it whilst Horns standing there fighting back. This ref did the same in the Floyd vs Conor fight. I wanted Floyd to light up Conor a little more for all that crap he was talking.

Anyone else notice that boxing fights now days get stopped a little too early? Crawford was dominating and would of won the fight but let him work more. Don't just stop it whilst Horns standing there fighting back. This ref did the same in the Floyd vs Conor fight. I wanted Floyd to light up Conor a little more for all that crap he was talking.
Yea well, it's probably a far cry from what you were used to in the Colosseum there, Julius but you do know that a number of boxers, this year and last, have died in the ring or were put in a coma, right ? Including one just last week.

<{katwhu}>

Lomachenko and Crawford

then everybody else.
spence-brooks-1.jpg

horn actually stayed in there longer than i thought he would. he didn't do any better than i imagined, though.

the stoppage wasn't perfect, but i'm fine with it, seeing as he was getting the shit kicked out of him for 9 rounds straight.
I actually loved the stoppage. He was just going to take more damage and it was pointless. Impressive fight by Crawford.

Well done to Crawford he handled Horn very well considering that Horn was making it a really ugly affair with his holding all the time. I almost stopped watching after 6 rounds of that. It was very messy. I think the stoppage was a touch premature although it was pretty obvious that Horn was on the way out. I'd have liked to have seen another knockdown and then a stoppage. Crawford showed his strength in there against a bigger man. I liked the way he was fighting to shrug off Horn when Horn was trying to tie him up, looked like he's got some wrestling skills to go with his excellent boxing.

Has anyone here actually seen Ocampo fight? Does he have a snowballs chance in hell vs Spence next week?
He does not, but Ocampo is a mandatory and you take your title shots when you get them

I think his corner should have taken him out a round earlier.

Just watched the fight, got dayum Bud was tattooing his hands on Horn's face.

that left he hit him with at the end of the 8th was mean

Meh. Weight bully who doesn't have nearly as many tools as the other two.

Lets see him when he's fighting at his natural weight class.

I kind of like seeing him now at the weight class he's in, and where he weighs in comfortably well within the rules of the sport.

Meh. Weight bully who doesn't have nearly as many tools as the other two.

Lets see him when he's fighting at his natural weight class.
Tools dont mean shit if he breaks your face.

Let me know when he misses weight. Thanks in advance.

I thought the stoppage was a good move on the refs part. Horn wasnt hitting anything but air and he wasnt blocking any punches other than with his face. He wasn't quite enough 'in trouble' for the corner to throw in the white towel or injured for him to quit on his stool. His wife/kids/brain will thank the ref later.

And he didn't complain when the ref stopped it, he was respectful of the decision.

Stoppage was fine imo. It was a one sided beat down.

Stoppage was fine imo. It was a one sided beat down.

I just watched the fight in full. Yea, nothing wrong with it at all. He was being smacked around big time all throughout the last minute or so, not throwing anything back.

I thought the stoppage was a good move on the refs part. Horn wasnt hitting anything but air and he wasnt blocking any punches other than with his face. He wasn't quite enough 'in trouble' for the corner to throw in the white towel or injured for him to quit on his stool. His wife/kids/brain will thank the ref later.

And he didn't complain when the ref stopped it, he was respectful of the decision.

Agreed, everyone in the pub I was at was complaining but he was miles out of the fight and only one thing was going to happen.

Horn well outclassed, Crawford is basically top of the tree so no disgrace. Jeff should take the easy dough on offer against Mundine now I think.

Thoughts on how Crawford does against the big dogs in that division?
I think he will be among the best, Id favor him over most of the division right now.

But, in no way shape or form am I ready to write him in as a lock to walk through the likes of Porter, Swift, Thurman, and sure as hell not Spence. Those first 3 listed are among the scrappiest dudes in the game right now, and well Spence is terrifying. The division is a shark tank.

Great showing and all, but Horn isnt shit. That farce of a win over this version of Pac for Horn wasnt shit. Theres a reason Crawford was a wide favorite over this “champ”.

Back