Jeff Monson promoted to BJJ blackbelt

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...just a little overdue :)

lol good for him... now people will finally consider him a top grappler ;)

Great news! would like to see him in next years mundial... prob not going to happen

lol good for him... now people will finally consider him a top grappler ;)

ugh.gif

People already considered him a top grappler, I don't know where you got your silly notion from.

Hes a nasty grappler period, I think that when you are at that level a BB is almost overrated, look at guys like Hughes, Faber(last night), GSP, none of those guys will probably ever be BBs and are still really extraordinary grapplers.

he is a better grappler then he is a Mixed Martial Artist. Kudos to Mr. Monson...

It's long overdue in the respect that he's accomplished so much in the no-gi submission world, but has anyone ever seen his gi game?

I always thought he was a blackbelt. He's won so many competitions that you'd think he was.

Good for him.

Hes a nasty grappler period, I think that when you are at that level a BB is almost overrated, look at guys like Hughes, Faber(last night), GSP, none of those guys will probably ever be BBs and are still really extraordinary grapplers.

GSP is a brown belt

is he the only non blackbelt to win adcc?

No. Kyra was brown when she won the first time. I don't know what Kerr was, but it wasn't black. Monson was purple when he won it in 2003. He also won it in ninety something. I don't know what belt he was then, but 6 or more years is a long time to be a purple belt. Monson also came in 3rd place in a black belt gi-jiu jitsu tournament while still a purple belt.

The higher level belts seem to be more about politics than skill.

Monson must be at least an A4. :icon_chee He's so good on the ground, really a pleasure to watch, especially in no gi.

Now that he has caught up with Al Bundy maybe he could give him a good match before succumbing to the Bundybar.

beleive it or not, Monson actually competed and won the BJJ pan ams years back, it is in the IBJJF website. so his skills are well rounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back