Jeremy Stephens vs Cody Garbrandt

Chain Saw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who else wants to see this fight?

Both guys savages. Jeremy is bigger, stronger and more powerful but Cody is faster and has much better boxing and footwork. He also has a lot of power himself.

Both coming off losses, and they've got some history.

I know, different weight classes but fuck it, lets have some fun.

Jeremy by ko. Cody is a mediocre boxer with bad defense and a questionable chin.

Cody is also a small BW. Really bad matchup for him. How about Lineker instead?

A huge FW vs a BW who walks around at the same weight as MM?

Cody is too small man. It wouldn't be fair.

Didn't you know? Cody is automatically gonna lose via KO now everytime he fights a heavy puncher.

You know, because he lost by TKO against TJ. People are picking Lineker to KO him for christs sake <36>

I consider Cody the superior fighter...but I would be nervous for him going into this one. Last thing he needs is the Emmett treatment right now...

Sounds good in theory. But I think we can say Stephens is on the big side for 145, and we just learned that Cody is one of the smaller 135ers.

Don't see how they make this. Especially considering the fact that catchweight fights are deemed sacrilegious, and they wouldn't be allowed to meet at 140, or anywhere else between 135 and 145.

Didn't you know? Cody is automatically gonna lose via KO now everytime he fights a heavy puncher.

You know, because he lost by TKO against TJ. People are picking Lineker to KO him for christs sake <36>

Lineker vs Cody would be the end of Cody's career worst matchup besides Dillashaw in the entire division for him

they're around the same height but stephens is all around bigger and stronger, bad matchup

Lineker vs Cody would be the end of Cody's career worst matchup besides Dillashaw in the entire division for him

lol

He'd make him look like an amateur just like TJ did. Thanks for proving my point though, appreciate it.

<21>

A huge FW vs a BW who walks around at the same weight as MM?
yeah in reality they are about 2 weight classes apart, Cody could probably make 125 as easily as Jeremy makes 145.

Yeah,this fight doesn't make sense at all size wise but i'd get pumped for it.

Remember when people were saying DC's chin is done,cracked,gone etc. after losing to Jones hahaha,that shits so dumb.Stylistically Lineker isn't exactly a good fight for Cody though,granite chin,huge power,is a killer with very good cardio.I could absolutely see Lineker taking Cody out with his unpredictable brawling style and nasty body work.Cody would be the favorite,and I never even contemplated that much up but I wouldn't count Lineker out at all.I wouldn't agree with anyone being super confident in Lineker though.

I agree with the chin thing though and people writing guys chins off the same way they say anyone that knows how to wrestle could beat N'Gannou now lol,but at the same time I don't have huge faith in Cody's chin either.

Last edited:
lol

He'd make him look like an amateur just like TJ did. Thanks for proving my point though, appreciate it.

<21>
Cody is a superior fighter, but that chin on Lineker is insane, so if Cody brawls with lineker he might go to sleep, if not he wins comfortably

This would be a horrible career move for No Love.

Lets see jeremy fight sombody good.. Cody is dumb as a rock.

Jeremy by ko. Cody is a mediocre boxer with bad defense and a questionable chin.

Cody is also a small BW. Really bad matchup for him. How about Lineker instead?
former champ is mediocre.? small bw?

other people in this thread saying a guy that has never been top 3 is a horrible match up for cody in jon lineker. a short brawler. yeah lineker has a great chin. but thats the only advantage he would hold.

wtf happened is cody garbage?

Lmao stephens would KILL Cody.

Like actually first degree murder him in cold blood.

Do people forget stephens fought at LW a majority of his career? Look it how much taller he was than aldo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back