Jermell Charlo: I'll Destroy Sadam Ali, Face Lara-Hurd Winner

I'm one of the few who appreciate Lara's style, but I consider he's started to decline, and it may be significant enough already for either Hurd and/or Jermall to cause him more trouble than he could handle.

Hurd is a cherrypick for Lara with those slow, clumsy feet. Charlo should be ready for either at this point.

Hurd is a cherrypick for Lara with those slow, clumsy feet. Charlo should be ready for either at this point.
That is so unfair and disrespectful...
He is young and undefeated for 21 fights and is the only one to ever finish Trout. something Cotto, canelo, Lara, and Jermall all failed to do.
Plus he holds a belt that Lara can unify.
You can't call this a cherry pick by any means, as there's an obviously weaker title holder at that weight class in Ali.

I think Jesse Vargas should move up and take that belt after the Thurman fight, regardless if he wins or loses it. He can yet again drop a bomb on sadam. #barz

Last edited:
Lara has that refusal in his DNA to accept that he can be beaten. It is admirable, but also, he will fight anyone. He'll decline and perhaps not see it. They'll be watching so that they can walk Charloo in once they see that Lara has lost a step or two (or three - however many are necessary for it to look winnable for a linear guy like Jerma/ell).

That is so unfair and disrespectful...
He is young and undefeated for 21 fights and is the only one to ever finish Trout. something Cotto, canelo, Lara, and Jermall all failed to do.
Plus he holds a belt that Lara can unify.
You can't call this a cherry pick by any means, as there's an obviously weaker title holder at that weight class in Ali.

I think Jesse Vargas should move up and take that belt after the Thurman fight, regardless if he wins or loses it. He can yet again drop a bomb on sadam. #barz

I don't think Hurd has the ability to keep up with Lara, sorry you took personal offense apparently. I don't think stopping shopworn Trout now is as good as basically blanking Trout on the cards and scoring a KD as well like Lara did when Trout's name still meant something in the title picture.

Lara has that refusal in his DNA to accept that he can be beaten. It is admirable, but also, he will fight anyone. He'll decline and perhaps not see it. They'll be watching so that they can walk Charloo in once they see that Lara has lost a step or two (or three - however many are necessary for it to look winnable for a linear guy like Jerma/ell).

lara may have fought anyone three years ago but his recent resume is a joke.

after going life and death with angulo and running from canelo for nine rounds he is going to do the same with hurd as he did with andrade and make some excuse why the fight did not get made and continue to proclaim that hes the best 154 even though he has one solid win on his entire resume(trout). beating a guy in his very next fight after being ktfo cold should not be one of your best wins but in laras case that is exactly what it is

imo, if lara is pushed into a corner and has to fight hurd, i think jarret could be one of the best +800s in 2018 after lara easily wins the first four rounds.

vanes was getting into laras shit the second half of their fight and martirosyan does not have nearly the size or punch that hurd has, who literally beat the fight out of trout who was competitive one fight prior against jermall.

The problem is not to push Lara into a corner... he is going to move there himself. The problem is to keep him there unable to escape, and punish him there without being countered, or catching him with left hooks as he slides away to his left. Canelo, Angulo, Paul Williams, etc., were unable to do all that; could Hurd do it now... considering he seems a bit slower in recent fights? TBD...

The problem is not to push Lara into a corner... he is going to move there himself. The problem is to keep him there unable to escape, and punish him there without being countered, or catching him with left hooks as he slides away to his left. Canelo, Angulo, Paul Williams, etc., were unable to do all that; could Hurd do it now... considering he seems a bit slower in recent fights? TBD...

by pushed into a corner i was referring to lara having to fight hurd by jarrett continuing to call him out on social media.

there is no way that anyone will give lara the benefit of the doubt if he does not fight andrade, hurd or jermell in his next fight.

I don't think Hurd has the ability to keep up with Lara, sorry you took personal offense apparently. I don't think stopping shopworn Trout now is as good as basically blanking Trout on the cards and scoring a KD as well like Lara did when Trout's name still meant something in the title picture.
None of this is relevant.. Lara being light years more technically sound than Hurd is no mystery. I’m saying it’s not a cherry pic.

Personal offense? Lara, hurd, and the entire desert called sww devision could die tommorow and i’d scratch my nutsack and yawn while reading it on my phone to work.

Now the smaller swift in danny fighting people outside the world top ranking like salka thats a cherry. But unifying belts... and not even against the weakest champ is considered a cherry pick now? U must atleast relate how wrong ur choice of words sounds.

I'd bet Hurd as a decent dog against Lara. Hurd isn't nearly as skilled, or that technically skilled at all, but he's big, he's tough, he' young, he's hungry, he's in shape, and Lara is getting up there in mileage and years. I really don't like Hurd's style that much, but it's super effective.

None of this is relevant.. Lara being light years more technically sound than Hurd is no mystery. I’m saying it’s not a cherry pic.

Personal offense? Lara, hurd, and the entire desert called sww devision could die tommorow and i’d scratch my nutsack and yawn while reading it on my phone to work.

Now the smaller swift in danny fighting people outside the world top ranking like salka thats a cherry. But unifying belts... and not even against the weakest champ is considered a cherry pick now? U must atleast relate how wrong ur choice of words sounds.
120-108 Lara.

I’ll take a bet that charlo doesn’t lose 120-108 if you’re putting your stones on the line.

I’ll take a bet that charlo doesn’t lose 120-108 if you’re putting your stones on the line.
Hurd, not Charlo. I think Charlo is ready for Lara now, I said that in my first post.

I think Hurd is about as exploitable as they come as far as Lara's skillset goes. If Lara fights his fight, he'll win, and everyone will shit on him and Hurd for putting on a terrible fight which they will.

Sorry, when you say a score and a fighter that normally means who you think would win. I’d put 500 grand down that charlo wouldn’t lose by shut out on all the cards.

even i hured is rushed in the to the ER in the first second of the first round and dies, still wouldn't make it a cherry pick. The division is dry as a retired nuns pussy...
I said it's a cherrypick FOR Lara, as in it would be a walk in the park for HIM. I really don't like how Hurd fights, I've said before I thought he found his ceiling, but I've nothing personal against the guy, he earned his title. That being said, as far as titlists go... well, Lara wouldn't be talking shit if he thought there was risk he couldn't dance around him all night.

My prediction is wide decision in the Lara/Hurd fight, possibly sweep of cards. Not a good fight for Hurd if the Erislandy who took care of Trout and PWill shows up.

Sunfish, I said he'd (Lara) would sweep cards against Hurd, not Charlo. I think Charlo/Lara is a much much more dangerous fight for Lara than Hurd.

I also remember Charlo (Jermell) being asked who he'd like to fight after KOing who was it? Hatley? And he responded something like, "Hurd won my brothers belt... we can unify". He didn't seem too worried about Hurd either.

120-108 Lara.

ill take hurd at even money, you obviously win with a ko. all three judges 120-108, technical decision lara must mathematically win every round.

im comfortable with rr holding the funds if he agrees to it, $500.00 would be fine, im ready the day they sign the fight

a very good thread because this fight might actually take place, lara having no choice but to accept the fight

ill take hurd at even money, you obviously win with a ko. all three judges 120-108, technical decision lara must mathematically win every round.

im comfortable with rr holding the funds if he agrees to it, $500.00 would be fine, im ready the day they sign the fight

a very good thread because this fight might actually take place, lara having no choice but to accept the fight
First of all, that's a retarded bet. Second of all, stop acting like I made a bold prediction guessing Lara decisions Hurd's ass wide. It's more likely than it's not.

First of all, that's a retarded bet. Second of all, stop acting like I made a bold prediction guessing Lara decisions Hurd's ass wide. It's more likely than it's not.

well then it was even more retarded when sunfish proposed the charlo lara bet. like sunfish, i just went with what you were saying regarding a sweep of the cards which has about as much of a possibility of happening as a lara ko, my guess that prop would be offered at +800 with a sell of -1200

a wide decision very well could happen(117-111) with hurds limited amatuer background. i would be very impressed if erislandry would be able to sweep with 116-112s(martirosyans scores without the point deduction) but wouldnt be surprised at all if the glass-jawed cuban is kd or kod and thats what i would be live betting after lara schools him for the first four or five rounds.

and i dont see angulo as any better than the bigger and harder-hitting hurd, punch resistance possibly being equal, and lara went life and death with alfredo

Back