Jermell Charlo: I'll Destroy Sadam Ali, Face Lara-Hurd Winner

I said it's a cherrypick FOR Lara, as in it would be a walk in the park for HIM. I really don't like how Hurd fights, I've said before I thought he found his ceiling, but I've nothing personal against the guy, he earned his title. That being said, as far as titlists go... well, Lara wouldn't be talking shit if he thought there was risk he couldn't dance around him all night.

My prediction is wide decision in the Lara/Hurd fight, possibly sweep of cards. Not a good fight for Hurd if the Erislandy who took care of Trout and PWill shows up.

Sunfish, I said he'd (Lara) would sweep cards against Hurd, not Charlo. I think Charlo/Lara is a much much more dangerous fight for Lara than Hurd.

I also remember Charlo (Jermell) being asked who he'd like to fight after KOing who was it? Hatley? And he responded something like, "Hurd won my brothers belt... we can unify". He didn't seem too worried about Hurd either.
Gotcha now. I didn’t think you would’ve posted something that stupid and I was right. I was wondering if the purge was happening today or something. Take it easy.

120-108 Lara.
LR_SHO_WEIGH_IN_LARA_VS_HURD_TRAPPFOTOS_04062018_8663.0.jpg

0576766F-4D42-40E9-B70C-DF2EDFE11A4C-660x400.jpeg

One of my easier upset bets.

Beating Cotto might be the worst thing to ever happen to Sadam Ali. I wouldn't pick him vs any of the top guys at 154.

Beating Cotto might be the worst thing to ever happen to Sadam Ali. I wouldn't pick him vs any of the top guys at 154.
yeah I'm not even sure he beats Liam Smith. At least he gets one guaranteed good payday if he beats Smith and unifies with somebody.

I'm not super confident but I'm picking Jermell to come out on top of this.

He'd have to over-perform consistently and I don't see that happening (and even then...). Cotto was at the end and apparently had a bicep injury that loss to Ali. He'll have to get carefully matched. Kell Brook, would be interesting, but I think Kell could win that.

I just keep going back to that Jesse Vargas loss and maybe I shouldn't, but I can't see how that bodes well for Ali against the larger fighters at 154.

Back