Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

sverre054

The Juggernaut Viking
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/5/jesse-ventura-settles-american-sniper-lawsuit-take/

The “American Sniper” lawsuit between Jesse “The Body” Ventura and the estate of late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle is finally over.

The former governor of Minnesota says he can “smile again” after reaching a settlement in his protracted legal battle with Chris Kyle’s estate. A judge awarded Mr. Ventura $1.8 million in 2014 for a defamation case stemming from a chapter in the Navy SEAL’s book — “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper In U.S. Military History” — but the ruling was overturned by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2016.

“I offered the ‘American Liar’ Chris Kyle the opportunity to show honor and courage, and he didn’t have it,” Mr. Ventura told reporters on Monday. “I can smile again. The settlement is confidential, but I can smile.”

The former governor’s case revolved around a chapter in Mr. Kyle’s book called “Punching Out Scruff Face.” The sniper claimed that he was in a bar fight with a famous conspiracy theorist who said the SEALs “deserved to lose a few.”

Mr. Ventura took heat from veterans — including war hero and author Marcus Luttrell — for pursuing his lawsuit after Mr. Kyle was murdered on Feb. 2, 2013, on a Texas gun range along with fellow veteran Chad Littlefield.

Settlement money that Mr. Ventura received did not come from widow Taya Kyle or the deceased veteran’s estate, Fox News reported Tuesday.

I'm glad Ventura has finally won. He got his rep dragged through the mud. Yes Chris Kyle was a war hero, but he decided he needed a payday, and basically made up numerous lies about some of his exploits

-Claims more medals and kills than hes credited for
-Claims to have been sent to New Orleans after Katrina, and shot numerous looters from atop the superdome
-Shot and killed a robber at a gas station
-Claims Ventura, while in a Seal bar and event, was laughing and dishonoring at recently killed Seals. So He approached him and knocked him out cold, in the bar.

Now I enjoyed his book, and thought they did a great job with the film, but the media Portrayed Ventura as this monster, who has suing a poor widow, and was going to make her and her kids homeless. All Ventura asked for at first was a apology and retraction, Kyle refused, so Ventura sued the publisher and its insurance company. He won the trial, after putting up millions of his own money, then then publisher did what large corporations do, and drug him through years of appeals and more litigation. After 5 years they have settled. Venturas rep is still horribly damaged by all the people who blindly vilified him, but at least he seems to be satisfied with his financial settlement.

Lying bastard sullied his reputation, good for him.

"A buncha slack jawed :eek::eek::eek:gets around here."

...it had to be done...

Kyle would drag his nuts across jesse's forehead and jesse would say thank you.

Chris Kyle claimed he was sent to Katrina to snipe looters? Wtf?

Kyle would drag his nuts across jesse's forehead and jesse would say thank you.

Kyle may have been a great sniper but I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse saw more hand-to-hand combat in his prime.

In old school pro wrestling you basically had the fake wrestling match in public, and then the real fight backstage over who should've won or lost the match.

Kyle may have been a great sniper but I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse saw more hand-to-hand combat in his prime.

In old school pro wrestling you basically had the fake wrestling match in public, and then the real fight backstage over who should've won or lost the match.
Jesse had a prime?

Speak no ill of the dead and all that, but Chris Kyle was scum.

Never heard of this before now.

He won against a man who couldn't defend himself.....do really call that a win?
So a person can lie and make unsupported claims, but if they die their lies and claims should not be challenged?
If Ventura did not challenge the lies, people would say it's because the lies are true.

Kyle's book and claims are still out there, and they damaged Ventura. Dying did not change that.

So a person can lie and make unsupported claims, but if they die their lies and claims should not be challenged?
If Ventura did not challenge the lies, people would say it's because the lies are true.

Kyle's book and claims are still out there, and they damaged Ventura. Dying did not change that.
He still fought a man that could not defend himself......at the end of the day....nothing changes that.

BTW....nobody gives a shit about Ventura

Back