Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

I'm not sure how much Jesse stood to lose even if he hadn't sued, he had already lost his conspiracy show by the time this all started and the allegations had been floating out there from Kyle PRIOR to Kyle's death.

That's the part that gets me, he didn't sue Kyle until Kyle died I don't think cause I think the story about Jesse first started when Chris Kyle was on Hannity's show for something like promoting the book.

That's the part that makes me really doubt Jesse's side and I think it makes a ton of my vet friends doubt Jesse too. He had threatened lawsuit but we can't remember the suit actually starting until either RIGHT before Kyle's death or shortly after he died and the allegations had been around for several years prior.
AFAIK, Ventura actually started litigation before Kyle died.

The thing is, it's all a publicity thing. He says the book created an atmosphere where "he couldn't find work in the US", which we all know is BS. He can still sell conspiracy books, show up on media and give opinions - hell, he can go back to commentating pro wrestling and probably make a good living.

It's all bullshit, but apparently so was the story Kyle included in his book. Dems the breaks when libel is involved.

The thing is, it's all a publicity thing. He says the book created an atmosphere where "he couldn't find work in the US", which we all know is BS. He can still sell conspiracy books, show up on media and give opinions - hell, he can go back to commentating pro wrestling and probably make a good living.

It's all bullshit, but apparently so was the story Kyle included in his book. Dems the breaks when libel is involved.
See, but this sits out there and isn't talked about a ton but always nags at me:
https://www.twincities.com/2012/08/28/seals-back-comrades-claim-that-he-punched-out-jesse-ventura/

It's not just one but a couple SEALs and SF guys saying they SAW Jesse pop off like a ignoranus and saw Kyle respond in turn.

But in a motion to dismiss two of Ventura’s three claims of damage, Kyle’s attorneys include sworn statements from six current or former SEAL team members who were there, along with the mothers of two dead SEALs who also were at the bar.

They describe a loutish and rude Ventura who seemed preoccupied with talking about himself. But of the lot, only one claims to have actually heard Ventura make the comment about “you deserve to lose a few” and saw Kyle punch the former governor.

See, Ventura claims he had never meet Kyle... 6 people said they were both there though only one acknowledges the punch.

I mean, we've all seen Ventura... him saying that I could see him doing couldn't you?

See, but this sits out there and isn't talked about a ton but always nags at me:
https://www.twincities.com/2012/08/28/seals-back-comrades-claim-that-he-punched-out-jesse-ventura/

It's not just one but a couple SEALs and SF guys saying they SAW Jesse pop off like a ignoranus and saw Kyle respond in turn.
Yeah, I read a few of those. Honestly, I don't know because I wasn't there, but some seems like it's just soldiers backing up other soldiers, regardless of the truth.

Yeah, I read a few of those. Honestly, I don't know because I wasn't there, but some seems like it's just soldiers backing up other soldiers, regardless of the truth.
Mother's of soldiers though don't follow that do they? Wives maybe but moms?

See, Ventura claims he had never meet Kyle... 6 people said they were both there though only one acknowledges the punch.

I mean, we've all seen Ventura... him saying that I could see him doing couldn't you?

Interesting. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that it actually happened -but the story differs from either side.

But legally, it didn't happen. If that makes sense.

Adding to this is all his other 'embellished' remarks. Which militarily, may have also actually happened but due to the Military not wanting to admit to certain missions for a laundry list of reasons, those didn't actually happen either.

Or, maybe a lot of it is bullshit. I really can't be sure myself. It's a weird and sad story either way.

If a SEAL claims he did it, I automatically assume it’s BS. SEALs are the most self involved SF force ever conceived

I don't know much about Kyle, but Ventura seems like a massive douche-canoe

Jesse should feel great....he beat a dead man

Kyle was a pathological liar. He got turned into a hero by the hagiographic Eastwood movie. If Ventura hadn't challenged that bullshit that Kyle put in his book, a lot of people would believe it.

Sounds like both are detached from reality.....

I'll say it again, but the whole Jesse Ventura was running his mouth and a team guy knocked him out, was a well worn urban legend back when I was in the military, a decade before this version of the story came out.

I probably first heard it when I passed through Coronado in '99 (for the record, I was in the Marines, and was never in the Teams). The version I always heard was that it was a McP's or whatever that team bar was called. It wasn't a wake, it was just Jesse talking shit about how tough he was and someone stepped up and knocked him out. So either Jesse has a habit of coming back to Coronado to get his ass kicked, or Kyle just reused a story.

It was the same way with that book that got made into a movie, Jarhead. That fucker reused every urban legend I had ever heard in the Marine Corps, and just put himself into the actual events.

Kyle claimed he was at a wake and Jesse made some comment about how more SEALs deserved to get got or some shit because they were working for a crooked gov't (frankly, the tinfoil hat-ness of Jesse I COULD see him saying this) and Kyle's claim was this wake was for a fallen SEAL and Kyle proceeded to punch out and drop Jesse on his ass.

Now Jesse's take is he never said that and he NEVER even meet Kyle but what Kyle said caused Jesse to not get invited to SEAL functions like parties, wakes and other such things.

Now, my friends that are vets that range from Infantry to Airborne on up to MARSOC (don't know any SEALs personally) have all said the take from men inside is even if Kyle was lying about it, they all generally side with him as they all view Jesse as a cockbite and all have wanted to punch him out at some point.

Now, here is where I get confused. I swear I read a report of the trial where two SEALs testified that they WERE at the altercation only it wasn't a wake but was at like a bar/ball type function.
They were at a bar, where the Seals gather for a yearly reunion. I would imagine if there was a fight, others would have joined in, which there is no reports. Ventura is also a pretty patriotic veteran, who may bash the leaders, but I find it hard to believe he would be reveling in the death of a solider.

I bet Kyle saw him in the bar, and jealously talked shit about him, with his buddies. I doubt he ever even talked to Ventura, but when writing a book, you gotta bring up the most famous SEAL, even if you don't bring him up by name in the book.

Pretty hard to find work when the Publisher Harper-Collins, is owned by billionaire Rupert Murdoch, who owns some of the largest media companies in the world, including fox and fox news, who ran endless coverage of how Jesse Ventura was suing a poor war heroes family trying to make them homeless. Companies don't want to be involved in a negative controversy

Jesse addressed that saying it was his buddies, most of whom wouldn't say in court that they heard him say anything or saw a fight, and Jesse also bring up, that the large group he was with would both step in if he was attacked, and wouldn't put up with him mocking the deaths of fellow troops.

That was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade...

Here is the quote from Kyle's book American sniper about the incident in his words

Kyle never names Ventura but describes “Scruff Face” in ways Ventura contends a reader could easily surmise was him: he was an “older” UDT member who had served during Vietnam, he had become a “celebrity,” he was disdainful of the government, he was moving to Mexico and he thought the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were a conspiracy.

He described “Scruff Face” as boorish and loud and “running his mouth about the war and everything and anything he could connect to it.”

Kyle wrote that he and the others tolerated the man as long as they could, until Kyle finally told him to “cool it” because they were mourning a comrade.

” ‘You deserve to lose a few,’ he told me. Then he bowed up as if to belt me,” the book goes on.

He claims “Scruff Face” took a swing at him.

“Being level-headed and calm can only last so long. I laid him out,” Kyle wrote. “Tables flew. Stuff happened. Scruff Face ended up on the floor.”

So he also claims he told Ventura to shut up, but then Ventura sized him up and tried to punch him out, so he casually knocked him out...........

Its been years since I've read the book, but it sounds like totally made up BS, now that I am looking again.

Pretty hard to find work when the Publisher Harper-Collins, is owned by billionaire Rupert Murdoch, who owns some of the largest media companies in the world, including fox and fox news, who ran endless coverage of how Jesse Ventura was suing a poor war heroes family trying to make them homeless. Companies don't want to be involved in a negative controversy

32 or 33 media corporations filed a brief in the appeal against Ventura. This is why the media is nearly 100% against Ventura in its reporting.

The article with the witnesses was before the trial. The actual witness testimony was a complete mess. The file at Harper Collins, I'm going from vague memory, had inconsistencies between drafts of the story, the witnesses could not place the location of the "punch", of which no one testified to seeing. It's safe to say that there was a general commotion or that you saw Ventura (who has already said that he was there.) Kyle's story was that he was at a wake but after punching Ventura HE RAN FROM THE WAKE. Who defends the honor of your fallen comrade by punching someone and then runs from the scene. Go to google maps and take a look at the bar. Imagine how a person can be clocked by a punch and tables go crashing and only a couple of people notice.

Kyle claimed to have killed bunches of people during the Katrina flood. There aren't scores of missing people. The man was a liar. He was unlucky that the person that he lied about had enough money to sue him, and that he had enough money (and HarperCollins) to win damages from.

It's weird when somebody is legitimately a hero and also a shameful, pathological liar. Kyle had Rickson Gracie Syndrome. Can still appreciate the good, but it's bitter.

Ha, but yet it's not really weird at all when you think about it. The people that excel in combat are typically not our nicest guys. Kyle was a trained professional killer. What's weird is that people think a professional killer would be some super good guy that wouldn't dare tell a lie.

I think if you're a looter you are put into the category of: Animal/Beast/Zombie/Terrorist

Fuck em

<Fedor23>
So if you or your family looted a store for supplies, owing to a natural disaster, you would think it was perfectly reasonable to be killed for it?

Even if people are taking non essentials stuff, it's still just theft, doesn't want killing the person. Laws state , you can only kill if there is imminent threat to life and liberty.

So if you or your family looted a store for supplies, owing to a natural disaster, you would think it was perfectly reasonable to be killed for it?

Even if people are taking non essentials stuff, it's still just theft, doesn't want killing the person. Laws state , you can only kill if there is imminent threat to life and liberty.
"Looting for supplies"
lmao

Back