Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

I read what you wrote earlier, I got your take. For instance just don't believe someone can kill two guys taking his vehicle, and give out a phone number, and it be covered up.

Fuck man, I wish it was true. I just doesn't seem logical that nothing would be reported about it whatsoever.

He was interviewed about it before he died:

Well, as it turns out, I’ve been working on a story about Chris Kyle for about nine months. We talked regularly, mostly about the challenges and triumphs of his transition home. I first asked him about the story last summer, during an interview in his Dallas office. I said: “Now, I have to ask you about an incident that I’ve heard about. I heard it happened at a gas station.”

He said: “You mean the time I shot two guys trying to steal my truck?”

I sat there stunned for a few seconds. The incredible story I’d heard, I figured there was no way it was true.

“It’s true,” he said.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburn...kyle-killed-two-men-at-a-gas-station-in-2009/

Look at when that article was written, and look at when Chris Kyle died. Michael Mooney is also the one who said it couldn't be confirmed. He wrote a book on Chris Kyle after his death.

I hope/wish it was true.

Anyone who is looting in a situation like that should die.
Well i dont think a U.S. military sniper should get to play judge, jury, and executioner on American citizens

Ventura is a ass but even a ass doesn't deserve to be lied about in something like this.

The question is what can he do to be less of an ass now that he won this.
Never mention it again, and donate a portion to a charity of Kyle's widow's choosing would be the way I'd go.

No special operator enjoys killing. All have a professional interest in being good at it, and most take pride in the satisfaction of a job well done. Guys are also happy when there is one less terrorist/insurgent on the battlefield, but no one wakes up thinking, "Man, I just can't wait to shoot someone and stand over them as they bleed out from those gunshot wounds! Sounds like a great Tuesday!" I don't personally feel bad for shooting people because the people that I shot were bad guys wishing to kill me, my comrades, and innocent people. The only satisfaction came from winning the engagement, taking no injuries to myself or my guys, and from placing my shots exactly where I wanted them to go in order to do my job.

In short, don't be armchair psychologists and try to turn us into psychotic killers. It simply isn't true, nor is it productive to separate the warriors of society from the rest of it. "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." - Thucydides
One day I'll buy this man a pint of his favorite brew.

I don't exonerate what he says in his book. Honestly he did enough, there was no need to embellish his life.

I don't even understand why he BS'd so much. But Jesse going after his estate is a consequence of lying about the guy. I think Jesse winning and putting this out if the limelight is the best scenario.

He did not go after the estate. The estate lost nothing in this settlement. He DID go after the publishing company.

Part of me wanting him to eat a punch I think is left over childish issues with him being a heel commentator admittedly.
But he was awesome at it. You're just jealous that he got paid to insult Vince.

He did not go after the estate. The estate lost nothing in this settlement. He DID go after the publishing company.
He initially went after Kyle's widow and Kyle's estate though. He lost that one though which is when he went after the publishing company.

At least that's how i think it went. He MIGHT have initially won the suit against Kyle's estate but appeal reversed it and then he moved on to going after the publisher.

Show me what you're talking about, everything I have read says "Chris Kyle's estate". Including the WP article referenced by the TS.

"The former governor of Minnesota says he can “smile again” after reaching a settlement in his protracted legal battle with Chris Kyle’s estate."

Honestly this is just sad for everybody involved. But I believe Jesse did the right thing.

Show me what you're talking about, everything I have read says "Chris Kyle's estate". Including the WP article referenced by the TS.

"The former governor of Minnesota says he can “smile again” after reaching a settlement in his protracted legal battle with Chris Kyle’s estate."
Technically he did Sue the estate. But they will never in any danger of losing any money whatsoever.
It' scumbag move that those companies do to make it look like you are going after somebody who's innocent.

the publishing companie is paying For it.

I'm not super familiar with the book or his 'claim' -but is this one of those 'he said she said' things that only the two involved know the truth about?

Did Jesse provide dates and times he was elsewhere when Kyle claimed this happened to disprove it? Seems like a really random story that would be hard to prove either way in the 1st place.

Asking because I honestly don't know and I'm curious.

I'm not super familiar with the book or his 'claim' -but is this one of those 'he said she said' things that only the two involved know the truth about?

Did Jesse provide dates and times he was elsewhere when Kyle claimed this happened to disprove it? Seems like a really random story that would be hard to prove either way in the 1st place.

Asking because I honestly don't know and I'm curious.
Kyle claimed he was at a wake and Jesse made some comment about how more SEALs deserved to get got or some shit because they were working for a crooked gov't (frankly, the tinfoil hat-ness of Jesse I COULD see him saying this) and Kyle's claim was this wake was for a fallen SEAL and Kyle proceeded to punch out and drop Jesse on his ass.

Now Jesse's take is he never said that and he NEVER even meet Kyle but what Kyle said caused Jesse to not get invited to SEAL functions like parties, wakes and other such things.

Now, my friends that are vets that range from Infantry to Airborne on up to MARSOC (don't know any SEALs personally) have all said the take from men inside is even if Kyle was lying about it, they all generally side with him as they all view Jesse as a cockbite and all have wanted to punch him out at some point.

Now, here is where I get confused. I swear I read a report of the trial where two SEALs testified that they WERE at the altercation only it wasn't a wake but was at like a bar/ball type function.

Kyle claimed he was at a wake and Jesse made some comment about how more SEALs deserved to get got or some shit because they were working for a crooked gov't (frankly, the tinfoil hat-ness of Jesse I COULD see him saying this) and Kyle's claim was this wake was for a fallen SEAL and Kyle proceeded to punch out and drop Jesse on his ass.

Now Jesse's take is he never said that and he NEVER even meet Kyle but what Kyle said caused Jesse to not get invited to SEAL functions like parties, wakes and other such things.

Now, my friends that are vets that range from Infantry to Airborne on up to MARSOC (don't know any SEALs personally) have all said the take from men inside is even if Kyle was lying about it, they all generally side with him as they all view Jesse as a cockbite and all have wanted to punch him out at some point.

Now, here is where I get confused. I swear I read a report of the trial where two SEALs testified that they WERE at the altercation only it wasn't a wake but was at like a bar/ball type function.

Ok. So it's possible something did happen between them, but there's no way to prove it? At least, that's how it sounds.

I mean, let's be honest here, Jesse has a lot to lose if he does nothing at all about a 'claim' like this. Even if he had lost he's at least going out of his way to deny it, which is something.

Ok. So it's possible something did happen between them, but there's no way to prove it? At least, that's how it sounds.

I mean, let's be honest here, Jesse has a lot to lose if he does nothing at all about a 'claim' like this. Even if he had lost he's at least going out of his way to deny it, which is something.
I'm not sure how much Jesse stood to lose even if he hadn't sued, he had already lost his conspiracy show by the time this all started and the allegations had been floating out there from Kyle PRIOR to Kyle's death.

That's the part that gets me, he didn't sue Kyle until Kyle died I don't think cause I think the story about Jesse first started when Chris Kyle was on Hannity's show for something like promoting the book.

That's the part that makes me really doubt Jesse's side and I think it makes a ton of my vet friends doubt Jesse too. He had threatened lawsuit but we can't remember the suit actually starting until either RIGHT before Kyle's death or shortly after he died and the allegations had been around for several years prior.

Back