THE SINNER (Season 3 Discussion)

Dragging. I was right, this would have been more suited as a 2-hour movie than stretch it out for 8 episodes.

I'm not sure about two-hour movie. Maybe I'll split the difference with four-hour mini-series.

Didn't even realize you were watching it since you haven't chimed in.

I'm not sure about two-hour movie. Maybe I'll split the difference with four-hour mini-series.

Didn't even realize you were watching it since you haven't chimed in.
Didn't really feel the urge to post because the show is meh and not worth commenting on. It's that kind of show where you do something while it's playing on the background. I'm sure the last episode will be more exciting but the middle parts are just tedious to watch.

Dragging. I was right, this would have been more suited as a 2-hour movie than stretch it out for 8 episodes.

I'll have to see the finale 4 episodes but I'm thinking 2 hours would have really rushed the story. As shadow said maybe a 4 part mini series would have been better suited.

Think of David Fincher's Gone Girl and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In an alternate reality, this could have been stretched out to become an 8-episode limited series. Two-hour plus movie adaptation is fine.

Also, even if The Sinner is a 2-hour movie, I'm not even sure if it'll turn out to be a good movie.

Think of David Fincher's Gone Girl and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In an alternate reality, this could have been stretched out to become an 8-episode limited series. Two-hour plus movie adaptation is fine.

Also, even if The Sinner is a 2-hour movie, I'm not even sure if it'll turn out to be a good movie.

Well I'd say it's all speculation until we see where the story goes from here. Maybe it will start tying everything together neatly in the back half.

Though I think it's pretty obvious that something like Gone Girl or Dragon Tattoo is better because the source material is better.

But more to your point, I actually think an interesting limited series could probably be made of either of those story ideas.

8 eps
.. not alot of room for character development or solid plot structure imo.

Someone's never seen Oz.

More character development & plot structure in one of those 8 episode seasons than in most shows' entire series.

Someone's never seen Oz.

More character development & plot structure in one of those 8 episode seasons than in most shows' entire series.

Looks like someones being smug..Again

Oz is a self contained series about prison life, where HBO already had 2 seasons ordered before episode 1 aired.

This is a "one and done" 8 episode series as stated by USA network. Not enough time, as I stated before

Looks like someones being smug..Again

Oz is a self contained series about prison life, where HBO already had 2 seasons ordered before episode 1 aired.

This is a "one and done" 8 episode series as stated by USA network. Not enough time, as I stated before

The first season of Oz is only 8 episodes and has plenty of character development & simultaneous complete story arcs, even if it all ended right there.

The Night Of, same thing.

8 episodes is plenty of time to do that is the point. So I disagree with what you said

The first season of Oz is only 8 episodes and has plenty of character development & simultaneous complete story arcs, even if it all ended right there.

The Night Of, same thing.

8 episodes is plenty of time to do that is the point. So I disagree with what you said

The night of is greenlit for a second season.

A self contained KNOWN 8 season series is not enough time.. your wrong again

The night of is greenlit for a second season.

A self contained KNOWN 8 season series is not enough time.. your wrong again

8 episodes is enough to tell a story with character development & story arcs, if it is done well.

True Detective season 1 is a stand-alone story, and is highly regarded as one of the best seasons of any television show ever.

You are wrong, and you should feel bad.

I should feel bad?? For what, not agreeing with your holier than though attitude?
Whatever you pompous prick.

Everyone agrees with me

No one agrees with u

Yes you should feel bad, and you should go to church and tell everyone u r sorry and then try to be a better person

Then u can come back here & admit the error of your ways, and ask us for forgiveness

You can accomplish all of this in an 8 episode arc btw

Just finished episode 5. I felt like the series kind of got back on track with this episode after two meandering, not-very-satisfying experiences in eps 3 and 4.

The introduction of the Beverwyck Club has expanded the story in a way that I wasn't expecting and the story suddenly feels bigger than it ever has before, which I think is a good thing. It's going to be interesting to see where that goes.

It's pretty shitty that the townspeople are willing to blame the rest of Cora's family for Cora's crime, and to go out of their way to punish the family when they had nothing to do with it.

Maybe it will be like a Harlen Conan book, and it will be a twist there was no possible way of knowing, because the clues really never pointed to it.

Back