Jets / Patriots

UJustGotChaeld

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So Sherdog what do you say, was that fumble the right call?

If it was is it offset by the terrible two no calls, one which would have been a TD to Gronk, and the other resulting in an interception?

hqdefault.jpg

It was one of the most f'd up calls I've seen since the Calvin Johnson TD a few years back (Lions seem to screwed over every year somehow). How on earth they called that a fumble is just mind boggling. I still feel the Pats would have won regardless because of Brady but the Jets got bent over imo...

It was one of the most f'd up calls I've seen since the Calvin Johnson TD a few years back (Lions seem to screwed over every year somehow). How on earth they called that a fumble is just mind boggling. I still feel the Pats would have won regardless because of Brady but the Jets got bent over imo...
You do know the actual rule is once he lost control he had to maintain possession through the ground, right?

Meaning the call is 100% correct.

Didn't see the call, all I know is I want more near 30 point performances from Gronk.

The only people who thought it was a bad call are the people who dont understand the rules

So Sherdog what do you say, was that fumble the right call?

If it was is it offset by the terrible two no calls, one which would have been a TD to Gronk, and the other resulting in an interception?

Pats fan here. Call was fine, but I can see the Jets having a problem with it. If it was on us, I think we'd feel the same.

What call are you referring to on the interception?

I think it was the long pass Brady to Cooks/Dorsett. The dB kind of undercut him pushing him out of the way for the ball. It was close I’m fine with the no call.

I think it was the long pass Brady to Cooks/Dorsett. The dB kind of undercut him pushing him out of the way for the ball. It was close I’m fine with the no call.
If you look they did more than undercut him, he grabbed his right arm and threw it down. If he is playing the ball and gets the better position I am fine with that, but he ripped his arm down, that's an obvious flag.

Pats fan here. Call was fine, but I can see the Jets having a problem with it. If it was on us, I think we'd feel the same.

What call are you referring to on the interception?
My last post talked more about it. If it was against the Pats I would have no problem because I clearly see the ball move. It would suck, but it would be the right call.

If you look they did more than undercut him, he grabbed his right arm and threw it down. If he is playing the ball and gets the better position I am fine with that, but he ripped his arm down, that's an obvious flag.

Didn't see that at all. Brady made a mistake and the defenders had a right to the ball. The non call on a deep throw to Gronk might have been called, however.

The non call on a deep throw to Gronk might have been called, however.
Not might, that was a definite call. If I have time I will make a video. The pats receiver hand goes flying down.

Not might, that was a definite call. If I have time I will make a video. The pats receiver hand goes flying down.

It was in the motion of catching the ball. No way that every gets called. If he did that a second before the ball got there, sure, but not as the ball got there. I have no problem with that.

The only one I have a problem with was Gronk being interfered with, but actually the first PI that was actually called was borderline.

What annoys me more than anything is the Pats being called for a bunch of offensive PIs on pick plays this year. The Jets clearly did that a few times Sunday and were never called. In fact, it's almost never called for other teams.

The call was the right call. The rule is dumb.

I don't see how they'd change. If someone on offense fumbles the ball out of the endzone and no one has recovered the ball, it's a touchback. Always has been. Same thing happened here... as he was crossing the endzone he did not possess and no one did.

You do know the actual rule is once he lost control he had to maintain possession through the ground, right?

Meaning the call is 100% correct.

That's not really the rule, or why it was called a touchback. He did maintain control of the ball on the ground eventually.

He lost control (fumbled) the ball as he was going into the endzone. As he was crossing the pylon, he began to regain possession, but he switched hands when he hit the ground. So, it was deemed he didn't have control until after he hit the ground which was out of bounds. If he gained control fully as he hit the pylon it would have been a TD or if he did what he did in bounds, it would have been a TD.

Same as fumbling a ball before the endzone and going out of the endzone. Exactly the same rule.

I thought it was a touchdown, but it obviously worked out for the Pats.

That's not really the rule, or why it was called a touchback. He did maintain control of the ball on the ground eventually.
Yes it is. Eventually doesn't count as he was already out of bounds when he got control. He had to regain control and survive the ground, he did not do so.

Now he re-grasps the ball and by rule, now he has to complete the process of recovery, which means he has to survive the ground again. So in recovering it, he recovered, hit the knee, started to roll and the ball came out a second time. So the ball started to move in his hands this way ... he's now out of bounds in the end zone, which now created a touchback. So he didn't survive the recovery and didn't survive the ground during the recovery is what happened here.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...own-video-nfl-news/1n3wilm3tjk5n1htspuiyjmckn

Back