Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond (Netflix "Man On The Moon" Documentary)

Joseph Budden

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please watch this. Especially if you are a Jim Carrey fan, Kaufman fan, or fan of the film.

One of the best "making of" or behind the scenes movie docs ive ever seen.

Pretty sure it just came out yet Netflix isn't promoting it at all. Didn't even see it under their "exclusives" on the main page. I dont get it cause this was amazing

Thanks bro, will watch. It was a cool real life story, a cool movie, even a cool REM song.

i loved it. gives you the insight into why Carrey is the way he is now and why hes been the way he has the last few years.

I'm a big time Kaufman fan and I loved Man On The Moon so I been waiting for this one
Hope they show a lot of the wrestling stuff

I'm a big time Kaufman fan and I loved Man On The Moon so I been waiting for this one
Oh they do. The behind the scenes stuff with Lawler was possibly the best stuff.

Loved Kaufman and the movie, and even though I don't like Jim Carrey I had to admit he did a great job with the portrayal.

Will be watching this. Thanks for the tip.

Checked it out last night. Awesome, and far more entertaining than the actual movie was. Dealing with method actors has to be so bizarre. I don't know how these people can operate around genuine insanity like that. Jim took it to a whole other level though, and it must've been so unnerving whenever he brought out Tony Clifton, because he was so out of control. What was really eerie though, was the performance being so goddamn real, that the Kaufman family even went with it, and started to genuinely interact with "Andy".

Who says Hollywood is insane? LOL.

Oh'; and Jim Carey is clearly not doing well these days, and I hope he's seeking some kind of help. He looks and sounds depressed as shit.

Just watching them have to deal with Jim while in character was giving me anxiety.

A lady off camera saying something like “No, we don’t want Tony to come back!” was freakin hilarious. I want to be Tony Clifton for a day to let off some steam.

I watched it this week as well. I had no idea Carrey took things so far when doing that role. I've never been huge on Kaufman, but this was a really interesting watch. I loved Jim Carrey growing up. Cool to see the other side of him.

I agree with ^^ though, Jim looks like he's just kinda glazed over after achieving everything he thought he wanted.

I love how Jim jut annoyed the fuck outta the studio the entire time they filmed this.

When tony Clifton was on set he would tell off the head of the studio. Lmao

And they aLl just allowed it to happen

Oh'; and Jim Carey is clearly not doing well these days, and I hope he's seeking some kind of help. He looks and sounds depressed as shit.

A true glimpse into depression. He is rich and famous. but happiness "appears" to still be missing. It's got to be very tough to be extremely successful at what you wanted in life and you're still not happy.

A good documentary.

That was pretty brilliant. I’d love to sit down and have a conversation with Jim Carrey.

I liked it. Always was a fan of Andy before the movie. I missed him by 2 years and watched the documentaries made about him when I was a kid and enjoyed the game he played. He of all people helped me understand wresting.

Though it was weird that Andy's family played into Jim's game. Sure it might of made them feel better, but seeing it from the outside, for me, was like watching 2 kids have a tea party.

Yeah that was Andy's game when he was alive, but it's like knowing who is playing Tony Clifton when he's around at a party. If you're talking to Bob and Tony is at the party, when you see Tony, you know who's playing the part. Andy.

It's like giving into magic, but knowing the trick already, and still playing the role of surprised each prestige. You want to believe. And it was just sad seeing Andy's family miss him so much that they were willing to play that surprised game with Jim for closure.

If I were in the Kaufman family, I'd probably have a lot more trouble playing into that game.

the king slapped carrey really hard lol

jim got under his skin so bad

Back