Jim Jefferies is the king

He's going to get #metoo'd within the calendar year.

Really like him. There was a recent thread on him, not sure his political POV is very relevant outside of comedy. Maybe his gun control stuff?

yeah he's a funny cunt

Didn't he have another joke about how his gf had a threesome with madonna and dennis rodman in a night club?

He was a good standup when he was still trying to get famous, got less funny when he did finally get famous and now thinks he's a political commentator. I liked his show on FX, but his talkshow is pretty crappy.
Maybe that's it. Honestly, I just can't take all the political jokes anymore. When I want to watch something funny, I don't want the subject matter to be so serious. Maybe that's why I enjoy Kevin Hart's stuff so much. It's all very light-hearted in nature.

Really like him. There was a recent thread on him, not sure his political POV is very relevant outside of comedy. Maybe his gun control stuff?
Would it really strike you as strange if a loud drunk guy got a little handsy with a woman? The more I think about it, the more he just reminds of that guy who hangs out with you and your buds but always gets you kicked out of bars for starting fights or creeping girls out.

I like most of what he does a lot. He does get a bit preachy about an issue or two but good other than that

Maybe that's it. Honestly, I just can't take all the political jokes anymore. When I want to watch something funny, I don't want the subject matter to be so serious. Maybe that's why I enjoy Kevin Hart's stuff so much. It's all very light-hearted in nature.
Kevin Hart isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm aware he's a very good comedian. He's one of the few who "gets it". Norm McDonald worded it pretty well when he was praising Dave Letterman. He said "some comics want to be seen as smart and forget their job is just to be funny. Bill Maher and Dennis Miller want people to think they're smart, while Letterman is smarter than both of them but understands being the 'everyman' is what people want to see." Kevin Hart just seems like a really good dude who knows what his job is. There is nothing safer than Trump jokes that your entire industry will approve of.

you might be retarded if you don't find this funny.. legit hilarious

His FX show was good. His CC show is bad.

I actually enjoyed seeing him live over Bill Burr which I didn't expect.

His first special that came out like 10 years ago was really good. I haven't seen his recent stuff; the TV show didn't really do it for me, though.

Same thing happened with Daniel Tosh. He was hilarious the first time I saw him live (Started the show with: "You probably can't tell just by looking at me, but I'm not like most black comedians."), but he really crapped out doing a TV show where he just makes fun of YouTube videos.

Would it really strike you as strange if a loud drunk guy got a little handsy with a woman? The more I think about it, the more he just reminds of that guy who hangs out with you and your buds but always gets you kicked out of bars for starting fights or creeping girls out.
A bit yeah. But he manages to land enough of them. I would only be caught out with Jeffries if I was ready to get arrested.

Not my favorite comic, but he’s pretty funny. He gets a lot of conservatives to play the “Keep politics out of X thing I like” game. Politics is everywhere and in everything. That’s the reality. He seems like he’s done pretty well for himself and he’s good for some laughs. He’s also one of the only comedian/political commentators that didn’t come from the daily show.

I don’t know why that last sentence is worth pointing out but it feels like it should be.

<Fedor23>

Some of his stuff is really funny. He's a guy that when's he on, he's on. And when he's not funny, he's really not funny to the point of being obnoxious. He's a bit like that drunk friend everyone has.

This sounds about right to me

Yeah, and I think maybe immigration stuff too but don’t quote me on that..

..he doesn’t seem too political comedy wise in the specials I’ve seen outside of that.

I’m fan. Saw him in the same month as I saw Bill Burr. That was a good month.

And he won't care.
"I have a picture of you snorting cocaine"
"So what? I have a picture of me snorting cocaine off a picture of me snorting cocaine"

Last edited:
Back