Jim Lampley: Floyd Mayweather ‘obviously’ threw rounds against Conor McGregor to set up rematch

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

I don't think he threw those rounds and he bet on himself winning in the 9th. But I do think the rematch is a strong possibility. Thoughts? and ppv buys predictions? still think many people will buy it. 2 mil minimum probably much much more than that.

Jim Lamprey has always been a delusional sob. Lol at a rematch

Trust me, the casuals want it. several of my casual friends were talking about it after the fight. The suckers are out there.

I dont like Jim Lampley (BANG, BANG BANG, BANG BANG BANG!!!), but it's pretty obvious Floyd threw those rounds. He was just walking Conor down, and even then Conor looked lost. He cant even get real leverage on his punches like any pro boxer would.

Malignaggi going to crash that gravy train when he flattens McGregor.

I disagree with all these shitty takes on Floyd purposely lost rounds to tire out conor and that he threw rounds.

Floyd looked old as fuck. I've followed his entire career and he comes out to win the first 3 rounds so you chase him the rest of the fight.

If Conor's cardio wasn't equivalent to a geriatric patient with cardiomyopathy and the judges weren't corrupt boxing shitheads then that fight might have been more legit

he wasnt "throwing them" he was defending to let conor use his energy and to figure conor out

he does that in a lot of his fights. he always does better as the fight goes on because one of his greatest strengths is figuring out his opponent

what wasnt intentional was the few exchanges when floyd tried to "steal" the round, and conor managed to hit him and win the exchanges. conor legitimately won those and should get credit for it

i opted out of buying the first one in the nick of time. Im certainly not buying a rematch . That was a one-sided beatdown.

rematch...

giphy.webp

Rematch?
Come on... I like Conor and all but just stop it, would not draw half the views the first one did.
The only thing that maybe would make any sense is Paulie,
but he is trying to hard at this point and Conor should just keep on ignoring him.

Just defend the 155 belt first.

I disagree with all these shitty takes on Floyd purposely lost rounds to tire out conor and that he threw rounds.

Floyd looked old as fuck. I've followed his entire career and he comes out to win the first 3 rounds so you chase him the rest of the fight.

If Conor's cardio wasn't equivalent to a geriatric patient with cardiomyopathy and the judges weren't corrupt boxing shitheads then that fight might have been more legit
No Floyd usally loses early than figures out the opponents later on. Floyd always starts slow. PS only 1 judge gave Conor the first 3, the other gave him 1.

If anyone couldn't tell that Floyd was sandbagging then they need to go watch something else because combat sports isn't for them.

You're right to laugh at a re-match of course that's not happening. People's eyes are at least half open to the deludedness that was that fight.

But I do subscribe to the idea that Mayweather was playing in the first few rounds. In fact I think it's plainly obvious. Not for the intention of setting up a re-match, but more for the objective of substantiating credibility for the fight. Let's face it if Mayweather had stopped him in the first round, the casual dumbass population who bought the fight in the first place might actually get an inkling that something wasn't right!

I dont like Jim Lampley (BANG, BANG BANG, BANG BANG BANG!!!), but it's pretty obvious Floyd threw those rounds. He was just walking Conor down, and even then Conor looked lost. He cant even get real leverage on his punches like any pro boxer would.

100%

No Floyd usally loses early than figures out the opponents later on. Floyd always starts slow. PS only 1 judge gave Conor the first 3, the other gave him 1.

There were fights where Floyd had serious problems early, like the first Castillo fight, and the first 4 rounds of the Judah fight. The Mcgregor fight was different. It was an "I can just walk him down and he'll blow himself out" tactic. And that was not the Mayweather of the Canelo, Castillo, Cotto or DLH fights. It was a shell of Floyd, and he still worked him. Conor had a big reach and height advantage, and his jab was completely nullified once Floyd threw his straights. I mean....

A rematch? Lol no. Rematch canelo or fight 3G

What Floyd fight Canelo or GGG? Not in a million years is that happening. Do people not realise that Floyd manufactured the McGregor fight to make his record?? I thought this was common knowledge, I feel baffled even having to explain it.

Floyd is not into competitive fights anymore. I totally respect Floyd for what he's done in his career, but to expect him to take a high-profile high-stakes fight now is just plain deluded... No offense!

"A professional like Mayweather, with a perfect record on the line, doesn't go in there and take shots intentionally."

-Holly Holm

Back