Jimi Manuwa Claims Both Glover & Shogun Turned Down Fights Against Him

Who else should he fight then? Glover is ranked #3 and Shogun is #6. He's already fought #1, #2, and #5. He's calling out the top ranked guys.
He likes to get KOd by the top guys apparently.

Btw, you never looked like too much of a Shogun fan to me anyway...
I like Shogun, but I'm also able to be unbiased. He's past it dude. It's nice he's been able to win a few recently but he's not going to get anywhere near a title.

I agree with you. At this point in Shogun's career there aren't many good matchups for him in the LHW top 5. He should take the Manuwa fight.

This. They handed him kind matchups for him and he won them all. At some point you have to fight a top guy again. As a fan of Shogun I don't really want to see him KO'd again but you can't throw him softballs like Villante forever unless he stops beating those guys

Volkan is booked, I don't want to se him against Gus or Glover and OSP already KO'd him pretty badly. you could give him Latifi I guess.. but honestly Manuwa makes a lot of sense

I like Shogun, but I'm also able to be unbiased. He's past it dude. It's nice he's been able to win a few recently but he's not going to get anywhere near a title.
Arkridge with that hard truth bomb.

Ironically if Shogun beat Manuwa I would say he deserved the title shot, yet I wouldn't say that if anyone else beat Manuwa.

Glover may as well fight him unless he really thinks he's getting next off a win over Cirkunov.

Man...LHW used to be my favorite division about 7-10 or so years ago.
UFC had its own big names with Ortiz and Liddell.
Newcomers Thiago Silva and Machida were on hot streaks.
Pride closed it's doors and guys like Rampage, Wanderlei, Shogun, Sokoudjou, Henderson, Little Nog, Nakamura would eventually come over.
TUF was starting to pick up and their guys were starting to gain some traction with Griffin, Bonnar, Jardine, Rashad, Bisping, and Hamill.
Houston Alexander was for REAL!
Brandon Vera thought he was Achilles from the movie Troy and wanted all the belts.
Randy Couture got tired of watching Tim Sylvia beat up Arlovski and came out of retirement, eventually dropping back down to LHW.
Anderson Silva starting taking LHW fights.
Jon Jones did spinning shit on Stephan Bonnar.

Now everyone at the top is old, or injured, or "retired", or waiting for a court date.

Guess we find out what happens to what used to be one of the most stacked divisions in January.
Who carries the torch...?

Man...LHW used to be my favorite division about 7-10 or so years ago.
UFC had its own big names with Ortiz and Liddell.
Newcomers Thiago Silva and Machida were on hot streaks.
Pride closed it's doors and guys like Rampage, Wanderlei, Shogun, Sokoudjou, Henderson, Little Nog, Nakamura would eventually come over.
TUF was starting to pick up and their guys were starting to gain some traction with Griffin, Bonnar, Jardine, Rashad, Bisping, and Hamill.
Houston Alexander was for REAL!
Brandon Vera thought he was Achilles from the movie Troy and wanted all the belts.
Randy Couture got tired of watching Tim Sylvia beat up Arlovski and came out of retirement, eventually dropping back down to LHW.
Anderson Silva starting taking LHW fights.
Jon Jones did spinning shit on Stephan Bonnar.

Now everyone at the top is old, or injured, or "retired", or waiting for a court date.

Guess we find out what happens to what used to be one of the most stacked divisions in January.
Who carries the torch...?

Man, this rings so true. LHW literally WAS the UFC. Until GSP came along, only the LHW's kept the UFC PPVs head above water.

You have to wonder how this happened. Why didn't any new talent come along? Why are we at an age where Shogun and Glover are still in title contention despite being viciously KO'd multiple times in recent years and are miles outside their primes?

How did the division get to the point that the second best LHW in the world has the belt and is fighting a guy with three UFC fights who casuals don't even know?

Crazy.

Man, this rings so true. LHW literally WAS the UFC. Until GSP came along, only the LHW's kept the UFC PPVs head above water.

You have to wonder how this happened. Why didn't any new talent come along? Why are we at an age where Shogun and Glover are still in title contention despite being viciously KO'd multiple times in recent years and are miles outside their primes?

How did the division get to the point that the second best LHW in the world has the belt and is fighting a guy with three UFC fights who casuals don't even know?

Crazy.

Yeah man its insane. Well Jon Jones happened of course. Then USADA. Seems like it's in ruins now.

You are so right about the casuals. No offense to Ozedemir (or OSP for that matter), but becoming a top 5 after a split decision shows the depth of the division. I would say a handful of people I know who purchase the PPV cards still think Liddell fights and are waiting for Jones vs Lesnar.

Uh, after all these years is right man. He isn't in his prime anymore. He may be on a streak but he hasn't necessarily looked spectacular during this little run of his. Jimi would knock him out which is why he didn't take the fight.

I'd give Shogun equally a good shot to knock Jimi out to be honest. Shogun is a fast starter and always most dangerous early, look at how many knock downs and knock outs he has in the first round in the UFC. If Jimi was a durable guy and had a chin then I wouldnt be so confident. But we've all seen Jimi's losses in the UFC and its 3 knock out losses, not only that he's gone down from the first big shot he takes. I mean Rumble, Gus and Volkan literally knocked him with the first big shot they landed. Its not so much Shogun still has it, its more that Jimi is weak on defense and has no chin. Its a very favorable style match up cause he knows Jimi isnt shooting. I got it 50/50 that either guy knocks the other out in round 1

Kind of surprising. This fight is the right step toward a title shot. Not like 205 is stacked. Guess both know that Manuwa is dangerous with them hands.

Back