Jimmy Smith Out As Bellator Color Commentator

ONE along side Schiavello would be cool.. If not UFC

Bad fiscal year?
I would genuinely like to ask for a source or more information.
All I know is their ratings are going down the drain and their expenses must have gone up, which leads me to think they had a bad fiscal year. But I would love to see some numbers/facts that support or reject my line of thinking.

I think the Mass exedous from cable is not helping matters. They need to get they're content to some legitimate streaming services like YouTube TV or whatever subscription service.

I think the Mass exedous from cable is not helping matters. They need to get they're content to some legitimate streaming services like YouTube TV or whatever subscription service.

Actually TV subscribers went up a small notch in 2017.

Streaming is great and everything but in a nutshell it's kind of pain in the ass/complex to get all your content if you really enjoy watching TV. You start adding up all these service's cost and you realize it isn't really worth it if you got your career going and saving $40 or whatever month isn't going to break you. Nobody has yet really put together a very good package at an attractive price to pry your typical TV user who watches/follows many shows on TV.

Actually TV subscribers went up a small notch in 2017.

Streaming is great and everything but in a nutshell it's kind of pain in the ass/complex to get all your content if you really enjoy watching TV. You start adding up all these service's cost and you realize it isn't really worth it if you got your career going and saving $40 or whatever month isn't going to break you. Nobody has yet really put together a very good package at an attractive price to pry your typical TV user who watches/follows many shows on TV.

If you have time to keep up with countless TV shows ppl watch, What kind of career do you have ?? 65 to 70 hour work week average Bay Area person checking in...

Ditched cable long ago because I just didn't use it. Still have access to basically anything i want to watch without paying. And guess what, I still hardly watch. The Family does but doesn't miss cable either. Also I have pretty good HD Antenna setup for local stuff ( Major Networks) . But don't really use that much myself either.

That's just my situation.l@nd0 .

Disappointing. Smith has been my favorite commentator for years.

I just now turned on the UFC pre-fight show and was like, "What the hell? Jimmy Smith on FS1?" I didn't get the memo. He had previously signed a contract with Bellator/Viacom through 2018, so it surprises me that would release him. Jimmy has always been a great color commentator for Bellator. Why would you let him go?

Saw Jimmy Smith promoting UFC 221 so I guess he's already there.

Back