Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

Let's face it, a confident woman who talks shit really rankles people to the extreme. It has nothing to do w modernity. This is fighting and this is the game. There is nothing wrong w her doing that.

Let's face it, a confident woman who talks shit really rankles people to the extreme. It has nothing to do w modernity. This is fighting and this is the game.
no, thats not it at all. Ronda is full of herself, cant admit she lost, and is delusional calling herself the "best fighter ever" and whatnot. people loved Nunes when she talked shit, people loved MBS before the title fight doing the same thing, hell people even love Pena for it. its not about talking shit and being a character because thats fine. its about being able to show humility when you lost and are bested.
Ronda hasnt, so the "confidence" just comes across as delusion and is very funny. to date, i am not aware that she ever gave Holly or Nunes credit for their victories.
Conor gets shit on for the same thing, talked a whole big game then got his cheeks clapped twice by Dustin.
people like accountability.

That's the game bro.

Don't hate the player.
Nah, I think I will continue to hate that particular player, thank you Preachers Daughter, thank you Lioness, forever thank you.

EdsHz-.gif

7GtJ.gif

1f27da8b2a233c670143a976754938e6.gif

Roger Federer, who is worth close to a billion dollars, and IMO one of the greatest athletes to have ever graced individual sport set the standard for behavior. I'm sure he is not saint but he certainly came off as a good guy. Unfortunately, not everyone has the where with all or upbringing to follow his example.

https://www.si.com/tennis/2022/09/15/roger-federer-retirement-2022-wertheim

Federer once conducted a lengthy interview, realized that the journalist’s recording device had malfunctioned and volunteered, “Let’s do it again!” There were times he entered the locker room and introduced himself to young players and little-known qualifiers, asking about their background and the correct pronunciations of their names, effectively welcoming them to the workforce. If you wanted to make a retirement video for a tennis cameraman or racket stringer, Federer was your man. He might not have known the guy personally, but he was aware of the vital role he played. As a matter of routine, Federer left courtesy drivers tickets to his matches and bought the ballkids pizza. What might be the most benign catchphrase for an athlete ever to adopt, Federer often said, “It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice.”

Federer brought joy to the workplace. He brought his family, too. His parents were regular fixtures, quick to praise opponents and as mystified by the son’s genius as the rest of us. His wife, Mirka, herself a former player, was a fixture, too. So were their four kids. It was all a suggestion that tennis was not this brutalist hellscape as it’s too often portrayed.

By playing into his 40s—a full decade later than Pete Sampras did—Federer revealed that, yes, he had grace but he also had another “gr” word, grit. His genius was undeniable. But so was his willingness to wring it all out. Beyond the he-did-NOT-just-do-that shot, it was this acknowledgement of good fortune, this insistence on honoring his gifts, that made him so likable to millions.

It’s no wonder why, to Federer, every match he played the world over seemed like a home game. It’s no wonder why companies tripped over themselves to associate their cars and coffeemakers and pasta with him. (Despite earning “only” $130 million or so in prize money, he is, by most accounts, a billionaire.) No wonder why there is hope that the competition he founded, the Laver Cup, will continue to thrive in his retirement.

Roger Federer gripped a racket. For more than two decades he gripped the entire sport as well.

no, thats not it at all. Ronda is full of herself, cant admit she lost, and is delusional calling herself the "best fighter ever" and whatnot. people loved Nunes when she talked shit, people loved MBS before the title fight doing the same thing, hell people even love Pena for it. its not about talking shit and being a character because thats fine. its about being able to show humility when you lost and are bested.
Ronda hasnt, so the "confidence" just comes across as delusion and is very funny. to date, i am not aware that she ever gave Holly or Nunes credit for their victories.
Conor gets shit on for the same thing, talked a whole big game then got his cheeks clapped twice by Dustin.
people like accountability.
True they also gotta be very successful so they further rattle the haters
Ronda talked shit, got hate
Joanna talked shit got hate
They are confident. It's not a delusion. Bad bitches and know their bad.
People don't take Pena seriously. They know she kinda sucks and Nunes had an off night.
Ronda confidence wasn't delusions she was a medalist and a champion w multiple defenses
Joanna was a kickboxing champion and a mma champion w multiple defenses.

A dude shoves someone at the weigh ins and people don't react cos their used to it. A woman doesn't shake someone's hand and it's ww fuckin 3 with all the hurt butts and bleeding areas 🤣

REEEEEEE

Nah, I think I will continue to hate that particular player, thank you Preachers Daughter, thank you Lioness, forever thank you.

EdsHz-.gif

7GtJ.gif

1f27da8b2a233c670143a976754938e6.gif
Lol give it up bro. I might squeeze 3 or 4 likes outta this these days.

Roger Federer, who is worth close to a billion dollars, and IMO one of the greatest athletes to have ever graced individual sport set the standard for behavior. I'm sure he is not saint but he certainly came off as a good guy. Unfortunately, not everyone has the where with all or upbringing to follow his example.

https://www.si.com/tennis/2022/09/15/roger-federer-retirement-2022-wertheim

Federer once conducted a lengthy interview, realized that the journalist’s recording device had malfunctioned and volunteered, “Let’s do it again!” There were times he entered the locker room and introduced himself to young players and little-known qualifiers, asking about their background and the correct pronunciations of their names, effectively welcoming them to the workforce. If you wanted to make a retirement video for a tennis cameraman or racket stringer, Federer was your man. He might not have known the guy personally, but he was aware of the vital role he played. As a matter of routine, Federer left courtesy drivers tickets to his matches and bought the ballkids pizza. What might be the most benign catchphrase for an athlete ever to adopt, Federer often said, “It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice.”

Federer brought joy to the workplace. He brought his family, too. His parents were regular fixtures, quick to praise opponents and as mystified by the son’s genius as the rest of us. His wife, Mirka, herself a former player, was a fixture, too. So were their four kids. It was all a suggestion that tennis was not this brutalist hellscape as it’s too often portrayed.

By playing into his 40s—a full decade later than Pete Sampras did—Federer revealed that, yes, he had grace but he also had another “gr” word, grit. His genius was undeniable. But so was his willingness to wring it all out. Beyond the he-did-NOT-just-do-that shot, it was this acknowledgement of good fortune, this insistence on honoring his gifts, that made him so likable to millions.

It’s no wonder why, to Federer, every match he played the world over seemed like a home game. It’s no wonder why companies tripped over themselves to associate their cars and coffeemakers and pasta with him. (Despite earning “only” $130 million or so in prize money, he is, by most accounts, a billionaire.) No wonder why there is hope that the competition he founded, the Laver Cup, will continue to thrive in his retirement.

Roger Federer gripped a racket. For more than two decades he gripped the entire sport as well.
Yea Rogan should be more like him and not turned on Ronda

True they also gotta be very successful so they further rattle the haters
Ronda talked shit, got hate
Joanna talked shit got hate
They are confident. Bad bitches and know their bad.
People don't take Pena seriously. They know she kinda sucks and Nunes had an off night.
Ronda confidence wasn't delusions she was a medalist and a champion w multiple defenses
Joanna was a kickboxing champion and a mma champion w multiple defenses.

A dude shoves someone at the weigh ins and people don't react cos their used to it. A woman doesn't shake someone's hand and it's ww fuckin 3 with all the hurt butts and bleeding areas 🤣
difference is, Joanna took her lumps and losses with class and grace. she was butthurt after losing to Rose the 1st time but after that she just took it in stride. look how she handled her last loss against Zhang. there was a video of her and Zhang a few weeks after their fight just chilling and talking together like old friends. that takes strength of character. and she's therefore beloved by a majority of the fanbase - even guys who dont like WMMA like Joanna.

Ronda couldnt muster up that much humility if you paid her a billion dollars. she's just an arrogant prick of a human, and when youre like that, dont be surprised when you push everyone away.
She had her time but is not not relevant in MMA anymore. Confidence turns into delusion when you dont have people around you who can check your ego and in my opinion that is what is happening currently. if she had just came out and said "yeah, they beat me, kudos" i dont think she'd get half of the hate she does. but she and others built her up so high, the fall was just too much to bear, it seems.

oh and a lot of people shit on Jeremy Stephens when he shoved Drakkar Klose and caused the guy to injure himself at weigh ins. there were quite a few threads calling out what a dick move that was. also, if you remember that one guy Michel Pereira fought at Apex during pandemic, he slapped Michel in the face during weigh ins and a lot of people here did not like that. Michel wound up slapping the shit out of the dude in the fight several times which was hilarious.

difference is, Joanna took her lumps and losses with class and grace. she was butthurt after losing to Rose the 1st time but after that she just took it in stride. look how she handled her last loss against Zhang. there was a video of her and Zhang a few weeks after their fight just chilling and talking together like old friends. that takes strength of character. and she's therefore beloved by a majority of the fanbase - even guys who dont like WMMA like Joanna.

Ronda couldnt muster up that much humility if you paid her a billion dollars. she's just an arrogant prick of a human, and when youre like that, dont be surprised when you push everyone away.
She had her time but is not not relevant in MMA anymore. Confidence turns into delusion when you dont have people around you who can check your ego and in my opinion that is what is happening currently. if she had just came out and said "yeah, they beat me, kudos" i dont think she'd get half of the hate she does. but she and others built her up so high, the fall was just too much to bear, it seems.

oh and a lot of people shit on Jeremy Stephens when he shoved Drakkar Klose and caused the guy to injure himself at weigh ins. there were quite a few threads calling out what a dick move that was. also, if you remember that one guy Michel Pereira fought at Apex during pandemic, he slapped Michel in the face during weigh ins and a lot of people here did not like that. Michel wound up slapping the shit out of the dude in the fight several times which was hilarious.
No one is making threads about those guys even when nothing is going on w them.

Ronda Unfairly Maligned

Lack of humility holy shit never seen that before.

Imagine if Ronda did the Tito grave digger thing. This forum would explode. The Internet itself would freeze.

Feel a lot better about her going out like a fart in the wind now.

Doesn't take away from her accomplishments.. but hearing she was a bitch kinda ruins it for me. No one cheers for people like that.

No one is making threads about those guys even when nothing is going on w them.

Ronda Unfairly Maligned
theyre not as famous but they still had threads about em

ive got a foolproof solution for Honda Housey to stop all this criticism though - stop talking.

If true just confirms what we all thought

theyre not as famous but they still had threads about em

ive got a foolproof solution for Honda Housey to stop all this criticism though - stop talking

She didn't talk for years. That didn't help.

Jimmy is a cool dude and took a second to answer one of my questions in a live Q&A session. I asked him if he ever had the chance to roll (BJJ) with Rogan. He replied that he never got the opportunity but is totally game for a session. Nothing about his story here makes me think he is lying about things he saw or heard. My only regret now was not asking him what Ronda smelled like. I just wanted to compare his notes to Meisha's. I also believe that in the end Meisha was the better fighter. She walked through much adversity to beat the girl that destroyed Ronda.

Back