Jiu Jitsu is bad for your body.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Cash Bill 52, May 2, 2018.

1. Gandhi

Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

At 46 I started again after a 10 year. After a year of 4 - 6 times a week, I just took like 3 months of slow/off, groin, rotater cuff, swollen discs in the neck and I needed a tune up. It pissed me off and now getting slowly back into it but yeah it only makes sense to heal.

mattemate likes this.
  2. Cash Bill 52

Cash Bill 52 Brown Belt

Welcome to f12! Great first post! Lots of good info in here; Particularly revamping your game when necessary. My game has transformed more than once over the years.

3. ChumsGum

ChumsGum Yellow Belt

I injured 2 toes, one on each foot, one of which isn't healing and may require surgery.

This, along with my annual membership expiring next month really make me contemplate quitting.

I just dont have the heart for it anymore after 6 yrs of training. I stopped watching videos when I'm off the mats, could care less about competing or watching competitions, and dont even think about BJJ when I'm off the mats.

Crazy part is, my jiu jitsu is better than ever. I've even developed this killer bottom half guard game where I'm doing things that I never imagined I could pull off like inverted triangles. Yet, when I'm off the mats, I dont have a fire for BJJ and wanna quit.

kjg1672 likes this.
  4. Kit Gray

Kit Gray White Belt

Same! It was recommended to me to add that in by a physical therapist to help with all the muscle knots and tension I started to develop. Sometimes wear and tear on the joints is caused by muscle tension pulling on them, so it definitely helps to stretch and do a proper cooldown, I think.