jiujitsu tattoos

thanks!

I just hope I dont have to deal with drunk fucks on the beach wanting to "try" my tattoo....

Last edited:
Very nice tattoo Chris. Was that just the first sitting? Are you going to add more shading.

There will be a little more shading and the belt will be colored in soon.

There will be a little more shading and the belt will be colored in soon.

Why color in the belt? Are you done progressing? Building a rainbow? I've never understood the belt color tattoos... I'd do it as a black I guess... lol but not lower

Do I have to be a orange belt to see the pics? I can't view the attachments. :(

Nice tattoo indeed Chris but where i can get that shirt you are wearing?:icon_chee

Looks like someone pissed all over the bottom of this page with all these yellow belts in a row. lol

Nice tattoo indeed Chris but where i can get that shirt you are wearing?:icon_chee

I got it from an Atama tourny a few years ago. And I have a few different tattoos that symbolize the belts iv had in gjj.

My other jiu-Jitsu inspired piece
IMAG0003.jpg

Why color in the belt? Are you done progressing? Building a rainbow? I've never understood the belt color tattoos... I'd do it as a black I guess... lol but not lower
I've never understood it either. I can see as a black belt, but it just doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

careful about which artist you go to for something like this. if it's done wrong or with low quality, it might give the wrong impression

Yeah I can see how some people may look at it and go WTF...and other things we don't need associated with a sport that already looks gay to the uneducated

not going to some hackjob tattooist, already got a fair few so I know who to use :)

^ I think it may be a Native American dreamcatcher designed to incorporate MMA/BJJ elements. Obviously the chainlink represents the cage and likely the colored feathers are the belts he's held. I guess the body parts are there because he likes to fuck people up. I hope he's never ripped out someone's eye or ear, though.

I find this thread very interesting. I've liked tattoos all my life. As a kid and through my teen years I always have been drawing on myself in school. My mom would constantly facepalm over her retarded son every time he had drawn a watch on his wrist or covered his arm in characters, descriptions and his own religion made up entirely of arobic dinosaurs.

However, I've always been at odds with it, as I've never found anything worthy. Yin and Yang symbol is the only thing. It's the only fundamental truth that I believe in, and it's not because I'm involved with Asian culture or understand Taoism. I just love the simplicity and feel of the Ying and Yang. It's a philosophy that means the world to me. However, getting a Ying/Yang is so general. It's like getting a handicapped restroom sign on my back. It's great and all, but it's not special enough to cover up your own body.

I think what I have found out during this thread is that I need to develop myself and my jiu-jitsu skills, and find something in my style, thoughts or process that defines me, and then apply it in a jiu jitsu way. Maybe If I become skilled at a weird guard, I might be able to apply it or express it in some ying and yang-like symbolic way.

^ I think it may be a Native American dreamcatcher designed to incorporate MMA/BJJ elements. Obviously the chainlink represents the cage and likely the colored feathers are the belts he's held. I guess the body parts are there because he likes to fuck people up. I hope he's never ripped out someone's eye or ear, though.

I think the dreamcatcher is a protector against bad dreams. I guess it is meant to protect him against injuries.

A girl who used to train at my school got a red belt with the date of Helio's death tattooed on her calf. She trained for all of like four months.

Back