Joanna Champion 5.0: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaNiK

Алфа Краљица
Platinum Member
Reaction score
#Andstill, bitches! Joanna Champion remains teh Champion because she really is the #1 Strawweight in the world. She is the best because she just beat the best … I think it’s fair to say that this is a definitive win and that Joanna is so legit.

The original Joanna thread was not intended as a war wagon or an appreciation thread, it was just a discussion that was started by @puppybird, and it turned into a meeting place for other members and new fans of Joanna Jedrzejczyk to discuss her skill, her training, her career, and her fun and silly personality ... it became a thing, and 3 successful title defenses and several threads later we are still here.

Going into the rematch Joanna was quite confident that she would be retaining her belt ...
JSxMdIX.jpg

The rematch between Joanna and Claudia did not disappoint! Joanna Champion had some early adversity to overcome with Claudia's beastly grappling ..
ATyi9uf.jpg

After two dominate rounds put on by Claudia Gadelha, The Champ came back in round 3 and changed the game. Joanna outstruck Gadelha by a large margin in rounds 3-5, and even scored two 10-8 rounds on one judges score card (I thought only round 4 should be 10-8).

wUhSLPK.jpg

Joanna Champion came out on top with the Unanimous Decision victory over Claudia Gadelha, and settling once and for all who the #1 Strawweight in the world is ..

8b6o1bx.jpg

When all was said and done, Joanna was humble in her victory, while Claudia was ... well, salty.

mAjuhlt.jpg

It was a long, and tumultuous road between to the two best Strawweights in the world, but in the end there can only be One ...

OYmBzYR.gif

And as Joanna Champion would say, "Who's next!?" ...
wkEhfV7.jpg

*Special Note* The intention behind this thread is positivity, and community, not hate, and not trolling. If you do not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk and wish to talk about your dislike of her, please go start your own thread on that topic. All Trolling will be reported …

I'm sad to see Joanna turn into a mini-Ronda. Great fight doe.

Joanna gets emotional at the end of her post fight interview with Olivi

Great defense, she's been on a roll. I didn't catch the press conference, but I wonder who she'll face next.

Great defense, she's been on a roll. I didn't catch the press conference, but I wonder who she'll face next.
Not sure yet. Likely winner of Rose Vs KK.

Joanna wants to fight in New York.

Joanna was classy and gracious in victory. Claudia not so much in defeat.

Last edited:
New thread so I'm reposting. Awesome photo!
13641060_1054806117888671_4761986368418602921_o.jpg

I am thinking it will be the winner of Rose vs KK .. I think KK is more ready to face her though, and will give Joanna more of a fight. Rose is slick as hell with her grappling, but I don't think she has the physical strength to muscle Joanna to get a sub. She would have only a flying arm bars chance imo

She's a huge asset to the division and to women's mma. She has the star power to headline events given the right build up and opponent.

congrats
as much as I was cheering for Claudia in this fight

If stats from fightmetric are correct, Joanna now holds ufc records for most sig strikes landed per minute: 6.68 and sig strike differential (+/-): 4.25.
She also holds highest(+117 vs Val), 2nd highest(+113 vs Gadhela) and 4th highest(+101 vs Penne) sig strikes differential in UFC Championship fight history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back