Joanna Champion 5.0: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more interesting than the fighters union is retirement talk. She never mentions it when speaking to US media, but in several interviews in polish she basically said the decision has already been made and she won't be fighting for much longer.

I think JAG needs a tune up fight coming off a long injury layoff.

Rather see Grasso fight someone ranked around 8, 9, or 10, assuming she beats HJC.

I suspect that if Alexa beats HJC in impressive fashion, she will be given a Top 10 girl after ...

What's more interesting than the fighters union is retirement talk. She never mentions it when speaking to US media, but in several interviews in polish she basically said the decision has already been made and she won't be fighting for much longer.

So many fighters say that and they just keep fighting forever though. 99% of the time,they stay around

So many fighters say that and they just keep fighting forever though. 99% of the time,they stay around

Well I think Joanna's case is different. She has been fighting for 13 years, wants to get married, have kids, and she made some serious money (for Poland's standards) so she's no BJ Penn. I'm just throwing it out there. I won't be surprised at all if her next fight is the last one.

Well I think Joanna's case is different. She has been fighting for 13 years, wants to get married, have kids, and she made some serious money (for Poland's standards) so she's no BJ Penn. I'm just throwing it out there. I won't be surprised at all if her next fight is the last one.
no way bro

It cant end that soon. :(

I won't be surprised at all if her next fight is the last one.
I'm pretty sure that she did some interview in US about her future. She said that she only wants to do mma for like 2, maybe 3 more years. I don't think that she has only one more fight, if that were true, we would hear more about it.

But i also think that this "2-3 years" period is pretty likely. She will be 30 at that time, for a woman this is a good time to let go of such work.

Today, she is probably making more per fight than her first 12 years fighting. Hard to give that up. She has nothing to prove at this point so it's only money that keeps her fighting.

I doubt very highly that Joanna will be retiring after her next fight ... that's not happening. She has made it clear that she has serious plans for 125 ...

3QSWx0f.jpg

@TrainInVain Thanks for NOT helping to fill up the thread after you reminded me that we were almost at 1000 posts <21>

Tryna finish this thread like Joanna did Jessica Penne ... slow and brutal <mma1>

RZ0AjgZ.gif

"Spamming ain't easy" - Joanna Champion

IclMUsM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back