Joao Zeferino out; Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Bojan Velickovic @ PFL 10

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Zeferino is out with a knee injury, so the alternate Nurmagomedov will replace him.

I hope to see Shields vs Nurmagomedov for the chance at another Skrap Pack/Eagles brawl, but it seems unlikely as they're both on opposite sides of the bracket.

Ah ha, Nurmagomedov did get in the tourney after all.

An ali abdel aziz client replacing another ali client....thank god he is not the matchmaker anymore....he still runs this show

Shit just got real.

Also got to wonder what happens if Abubkbar and Magomedkerimov ends up facing each other. Islam pulled out with a "sickness" when he was set to face Rashid in the semis, after all.

An ali abdel aziz client replacing another ali client....thank god he is not the matchmaker anymore....he still runs this show

To be fair, he was the 9th ranked fighter with 3 points.

Shit just got real.

Also got to wonder what happens if Abubkbar and Magomedkerimov ends up facing each other. Islam pulled out with a "sickness" when he was set to face Rashid in the semis, after all.

To be fair, he was the 9th ranked fighter with 3 points.
I understand that but if you at the field....70% dominance mma.

He is going to make a ton of $$$ out of his guys in the pfl. Siler vs Palmer both this guys. Vinny Magalhaes in the finals, his client.

Vinny Magalhaes in the finals, his client.
Have we made a topic discussing how damn impressive Vinny has been in this tournament? Not one of his opponents have been able to survive 2 minutes.

He got overconfident in the last fight and got humbled. Hopefully he is astute this fight.

Have we made a topic discussing how damn impressive Vinny has been in this tournament? Not one of his opponents have been able to survive 2 minutes.
completely different fighter, he's been a joy to watch

It's easy to discount the quality of his opposition, but his run has still be nothing short of incredible.

On paper he shoudl destroy o'connell, but o'connell was supposed to get destroyed on paper against everyone this tournament.

He has looked great, hopefully we see in the finals the vinny everyone has been waiting since the tuf. He has been impressive, hopefully he doesn’t take o’connell Lightly

I saw him at the show this weekend and called him a scumbag. He didnt even bat an eyelash and kept walking like a scumbag. Hate that guy.

Damn, khabibs brother got pulled from the artem fight, and UFC already shipped him to Bellator!

Ah ha, Nurmagomedov did get in the tourney after all.

He has the highest points outside of the Top Eight. You guys are aware there's a point system right?

Abubakr has 3 points. The others besides him had none because they lost all their fights, whereas AB went 1-1.

He has the highest points outside of the Top Eight. You guys are aware there's a point system right?

Abubakr has 3 points. The others besides him had none because they lost all their fights, whereas AB went 1-1.
I know the point system, that doesn’t erase the fact that is an Ali guy

I know the point system, that doesn’t erase the fact that is an Ali guy

Had he had fewer points, and someone else higher then that person would have replaced him. So mentioning his manager in this context is kind of pointless.

Had he had fewer points, and someone else higher then that person would have replaced him. So mentioning his manager in this context is kind of pointless.
For you it might be for me no. He has finalists in all the divisions. He manages like 50% of their roster.

He used to be their matchmaker and agent. If that’s not a problem for you? But he still has a lot of power in there

For you it might be for me no. He has finalists in all the divisions. He manages like 50% of their roster.

Well then that is a different discussion in itself. If we're talking strictly replacement then the points came into play here.

No, I have no idea about the point system, it's not like I explained and wrote about it in the pbp threads that I made.

And that doesn't explain why of all the featherweights, juma tuerxun with zero points got into the tourney as a replacement over several others with points, unless he was the only one that was cleared, which we can't know.

No, I have no idea about the point system, it's not like I explained and wrote about it in the pbp threads that I made.

And that doesn't explain why of all the featherweights, juma tuerxun with zero points got into the tourney as a replacement over several others with points, unless he was the only one that was cleared, which we can't know.

A win is an automatic 3 point.
A draw is a 1 point for both fighters.
An early finish gets you an additional 3, 2 or 1 point depending on the round you finish.

The people with the highest points got qualified for the quarter finals.

Here's the list of standings: https://www.pflmma.com/standings

You're right about Jumabieke, but Juma lost by submission whereas Galvao got TKO'd and hence probably got a medical suspension.

Btw @jei did you move the PFL thread I made in the Heavies?

Bellator threads are often made on that section during big events, I was really hoping that this card would be allowed the same traction. It gives it some needed exposure. There's also a high likelihood we'll be seeing some of these fighters in the UFC soon.

Back