Joe Rogan goes off on a fan during the last UFC tonight episode

Joe is a part owner and he is buddies with Aubrey Marcus, who is often on Joe's podcast.

As for FDA approval, that is nonsense. Percocet is FDA-approved. Do you want it in a supplement?

They made sure not to have any Alpha Brain commercials when Sam Harris was on.

If you are ethical, you do the studies before you sell the product. Especially when the original formula (allegedly) made people sick.

And this is the problem with Rogan. It's not that his comedy sucks or his UFC commentary sucks, etc. To each his own, I guess. The real problem is his using his fans as marks. And he has such a cult of personality going that he gets away with it. It should be a lesson is manipulation, but it appears to be lost on a lot of people.

Last edited:
Joe is a part owner and he is buddies with Aubrey Marcus, who is often on Joe's podcast.

As for FDA approval, that is nonsense. Percocet is FDA-approved. Do you want it in a supplement?

And Vitamin C is FDA is approved would to take that? The point is you're saying they didn't test the ingredients for safety. But your government claims these ingredients are safe for consumption. If you feel the ingredients are too dangerous for human consumption your problem about safety is with FDA not Onnit. Ultimately even if a drug/ingredients is approved by FDA any consumer should do their homework first and consume what their comfortable with.

They made sure not to have any Alpha Brain commercials when Sam Harris was on.

And they did them when Neil Degrasse Tyson was on and also sponsored Star Talk. They also had the advertisements with Ronda Patrick on (someone with more knowledge of supplements than Sam Harris).

If you are ethical, you do the studies before you sell the product. Especially when the original formula (allegedly) made people sick.

And this is the problem with Rogan. It's not that his comedy sucks or his UFC commentary sucks, etc. To each his own, I guess. The real problem is his using his fans as marks. And he has such a cult of personality going that he gets away with it. It should be a lesson is manipulation, but it appears to be lost on a lot of people.

The thing is there is studies on each individual ingredients that validate their claims. It is not enough to comfort me but it may for others. It also doesn't mean the ingredients work synergisticly (made up word sorry).

But don't the fans have some responsibility? For two years before he talked about AlphaBrain he prefaced it that it was a controversial supplement, some people think its a placebo and people should do their home work first. Onnit hired a representative in Joe Rogan's message board to answer Rogan's fans concerns. Been two or three years and this representative is still in this message board responding to constant hostile questions.

On top of Onnit spending over $100,000 to facilitate a study on the product. A study that if the regardless of the results will be released.

So no I don't think Rogan is purposely duping is fans or using them as marks. I am perfectly aware of the controversies of the product entirely based on comments Rogan has made on the podcast.

And Vitamin C is FDA is approved would to take that? The point is you're saying they didn't test the ingredients for safety. But your government claims these ingredients are safe for consumption. If you feel the ingredients are too dangerous for human consumption your problem about safety is with FDA not Onnit. Ultimately even if a drug/ingredients is approved by FDA any consumer should do their homework first and consume what their comfortable with.

And they did them when Neil Degrasse Tyson was on and also sponsored Star Talk. They also had the advertisements with Ronda Patrick on (someone with more knowledge of supplements than Sam Harris).

The thing is there is studies on each individual ingredients that validate their claims. It is not enough to comfort me but it may for others. It also doesn't mean the ingredients work synergisticly (made up word sorry).

But don't the fans have some responsibility? For two years before he talked about AlphaBrain he prefaced it that it was a controversial supplement, some people think its a placebo and people should do their home work first. Onnit hired a representative in Joe Rogan's message board to answer Rogan's fans concerns. Been two or three years and this representative is still in this message board responding to constant hostile questions.

On top of Onnit spending over $100,000 to facilitate a study on the product. A study that if the regardless of the results will be released.

So no I don't think Rogan is purposely duping is fans or using them as marks. I am perfectly aware of the controversies of the product entirely based on comments Rogan has made on the podcast.

My point is you don't know what FDA approval means. Vitamin C is just that a vitamin, not some formula concocted my Aubrey Marcus's secret scientists. A formula they had to change and one without proof of efficacy.

And LMAO at their scientific adviser on the Rogan board. He gets owned on the regular. And remember this:

TEKoXAt.jpg
?

You don't, by chance, have a free lifetime supply of Onnit products do you?

And yes, synergistically is a word. You remind me of Joe trying to read scientific studies (see the podcasts with Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.) :)

And working synergistically could actually be a problem. But hey, lets mix a bunch of shit together and see what happens to our guinea pigs . . . errr, I mean customers.

"The current formulation of Alpha Brain uses mostly ingredients that are recognized as safe by the FDA. Combined, there is no way of knowing whether effects can be magnified or become dangerous. However, an overview of each ingredient and the dose can help one understand potential Alpha Brain side effects."

http://www.purenootropics.net/alpha-brain-review-a-full-analysis/

And that's why you do the studies (usually with more than 17 guinea pigs).

My point is you don't know what FDA approval means. Vitamin C is just that a vitamin, not some formula concocted my Aubrey Marcus's secret scientists. A formula they had to change and one without proof of efficacy.

And LMAO at their scientific adviser on the Rogan board. He gets owned on the regular. And remember this:

TEKoXAt.jpg
?

You don't, by chance, have a free lifetime supply of Onnit products do you?

And yes, synergistically is a word. You remind me of Joe trying to read scientific studies (see the podcasts with Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.) :)

And working synergistically could actually be a problem. But hey, lets mix a bunch of shit together and see what happens to our guinea pigs . . . errr, I mean customers.

"The current formulation of Alpha Brain uses mostly ingredients that are recognized as safe by the FDA. Combined, there is no way of knowing whether effects can be magnified or become dangerous. However, an overview of each ingredient and the dose can help one understand potential Alpha Brain side effects."

http://www.purenootropics.net/alpha-brain-review-a-full-analysis/

And that's why you do the studies (usually with more than 17 guinea pigs).

LOL did you read that link you provided.

In general, Alpha Brain should be recognized as safe, but it will always vary depending on the individual. Much respect must go to Onnit Labs for providing the formula for anyone interested in the exact doses and ingredients.

Most of the supplement and nootropic industry does not do this to the detriment of users and the community. Onnit has been more than forthcoming about the ingredients while trying to balance the business aspects of a unique blend.

The current formulation of Alpha Brain uses mostly ingredients that are recognized as safe by the FDA. Combined, there is no way of knowing whether effects can be magnified or become dangerous. However, an overview of each ingredient and the dose can help one understand potential Alpha Brain side effects.

That's pretty much my whole point there.

Thanks for the info.

LOL did you read that link you provided.

That's pretty much my whole point there.

Thanks for the info.

Actually, I did read it. And it's someone who is not against Alpha Brain pointing out that even though you may have tested individual ingredients, it doesn't mean they work or are safe together.

And I think your point should be a little better than "Hey, Joe's product won't make you sick", especially when there were reports that AB has in the past. I expect a little more.

I'm still waiting for the study the promised (not the one with fewer than 20 people).

I just hope they are a little more honest with these studies than they were when Joe Rogan was questioning everything.

The dude was a drunk asshole, joe put him in his place.

now on the topic of ONNIT

most of it IMO is smoke, mirrors and snake oil

apparently shroomtech actually works but I haven't tried anything sold by onnit

What can I say. In fact, if it comes to nootropics, I understand something about that. I myself have been taking nootropics for quite a long time, this is a good way to improve memory performance, and it also very well helps to focus attention on something. Here you can read more about it here. This is really a very good thing.

I was in the audience.. The guy really really really was being a drunk obnoxious idiot. Yelling and screaming at Rogan the whole time he was up there, Rogan conversed with him a little and even laughed at how stupid he was being. But he just didn't stop.. The crowd loved it when he said that lol
Ppl love to hate Joe, though. I honestly don’t get it.

Ppl love to hate Joe, though. I honestly don’t get it.

Sour grapes most of the time. If you don't like his personality but love MMA and have to listen to him whenever a ppv is on I guess it can get kind of annoying.

Back