Joe Rogan - "I won't be mad if Ferguson & Khabib fight for real title, while Conor gets stripped"

If he doesn't defend, yes

I'm expecting something to be announced after the Khabib fight though.

I'm not sure why everyone Is so convinced Conor is never fighting again or something. It's a little odd.

Dude Is like Floyd, he cares way too much about money and status to just retire, refuse to defend, etc.

In the grand scheme, him not defending against Tony would do a lot of damage to his image and respect level In the world which would potentially limit his earning potential for future fights. You gotta figure Dana, the UFC and Conor are all aware of this. They're not stupid. Defending against Khabib in Russia or some shit might also be acceptable, as he's a tougher matchup for Conor than Tony Is. They might be waiting to see how that fight plays out before making anything concrete. That would be my guess.

But yeah, In the grand scheme It's pretty clear either Tony or Khabib Is next. Anything other than that would hurt Conor's brand which I don't think Is something he or the UFC will allow to happen. They are not stupid, these are smart businessmen.

People who are just convinced he's never fighting again are ridiculous. Based on what? To me, Conor is no different than any other celebrity, athlete or public figure. How many athletes are far richer than Conor but continue to compete at the highest level? These kind of people love money way too much and the status / worldly power that comes along with It to just stop what they're doing. From what I've seen, Conor Is no different.

So yeah, expect something to be announced for March or April. Bank on it.
You really think Conor is going to fight in Russia......HEEEELLLLL NNNOOO!!!!

Even if he does come back and fight tony in the spring and win I expect more shenanigans and delays before he defends a second time

Wrong again Joe. Tony already has the Real title, and he may defend it.

fi its a huge fight, sure. Why not
Nah dude why would they go to Russia when Conor is the A side, they’d do a stadium show in Ireland before they go to Russia. That statement that Dana said about Conor willing to go to Russia was the usual Dana BS

Nah dude why would they go to Russia when Conor is the A side, they’d do a stadium show in Ireland before they go to Russia. That statement that Dana said about Conor willing to go to Russia was the usual Dana BS
Khabib being a huge star In russia makes a fight In russia a massive fight. Doesn't matter who the A side Is, It's about where the fight will make the most money.

Rogan said that Vitor was the greatest fighter ever. Rogan said the Machida era had arrived. Rogan said "Once in a lifetime".

Eddie Bravo has said less horseshit than Rogan. Let that sink in for a bit.

I think he'll fight Tony next. But look at your wording: you're more concerned with "defending" than "fighting". I just wanna see him fight in interesting matchups. The fights themselves are what prove to us how good fighters are, not the titles, rankings, or records.
Your going to argue over a word?

"Yet he won't prove it by defending" or "Yet he won't prove it by fighting."

Do they really mean anything different? Which ever way you want to phrase it you are still not seeing the best matchups.

Congratulations to you, Pretty sure I just fed the troll.

Rogan is right. This holding up a division stuff is getting old. I really want to see Mcgregor - Ferguson. But wouldn't be upset with a Khabib fight either. #DEFENDORVACATE !!!

Your going to argue over a word?

"Yet he won't prove it by defending" or "Yet he won't prove it by fighting."

Do they really mean anything different? Which ever way you want to phrase it you are still not seeing the best matchups.

Congratulations to you, Pretty sure I just fed the troll.
Words mean whatever you want them to mean. They're just communication tools.

But I'm not arguing over words; I'm suggesting that the word you chose to use says something about the type of fan you are.

You arguing as though Conor's UFC hiatus has anything to do with you and others' love for belts over fights, is a straw man. They're unrelated. It's one of many points I've made that you've failed to respond to.

Lol ok

Rogan is right. This holding up a division stuff is getting old. I really want to see Mcgregor - Ferguson. But wouldn't be upset with a Khabib fight either. #DEFENDORVACATE !!!

My ninja

Words mean whatever you want them to mean. They're just communication tools.

But I'm not arguing over words; I'm suggesting that the word you chose to use says something about the type of fan you are.

It's ok. We all know you gay for McGregor

That's not how what works?

I'm a purist who juges fighters by their skills and styles, not their rankings and records. Fights are just evidence of skills. And by watching Conor's and Georges' fights, I've observed that Conor is better.

Wow. Just, wow. You are an utter moron.

Wont go any different if habib get it. But at this point Tony is more deserving. First he's on a 10 fight UFC streak Khabib 8. Tony has "next shot" belt that Khabib declined to fight over several times. What should not happen,and Conor wants to happen is they take each other out and Conor makes another money fight while that goes on.

Conor could of just said he is injured, like many champions have done...

I agree he should be stripped, hasn’t fought since Alvarez, boxing isn’t fighting remember, McGregor and his huggers said that.

But active and Khabib shouldn’t be in the same sentence, fuck Khabib until fat lad can prove he can make weight and string a few fights together.

If Khabib wins and Conor isn't booked to defend early in the new year then that's fine. It's been 13 months with no injury and no fight booked, that's too long.

Conor is the real, lineal LW champ. But he can't hold that honour indefinitely without fighting a top contender.

I don't understand why anyone on the planet would disagree. What's the point of having a champ that doesn't fight? Dana can't make any money out of him so what's the point?

When he comes back he can be the number 1 contender and fight for the belt again, but while we wait it's just business as usual.

Everyone's happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back