Joe Rogan - "I won't be mad if Ferguson & Khabib fight for real title, while Conor gets stripped"

Khabib being a huge star In russia makes a fight In russia a massive fight. Doesn't matter who the A side Is, It's about where the fight will make the most money.

They wont do a PPV in Russia because of the timezones. It would be held at like 6am local time just to be primetime in the US. So i only expect Fight Night events. Not that a card in Ireland is likely either, its more likely they'd hold it in London if they wanna do a PPV show in Europe.

That's not how what works?

I'm a purist who juges fighters by their skills and styles, not their rankings and records. Fights are just evidence of skills. And by watching Conor's and Georges' fights, I've observed that Conor is better.

You have numerous idiotic posts in this thread alone but this one in particular is probably the most ridiculous I've ever seen. Fair play though it did make me laugh.

or he ducks a contender (like DJ).

TJ was not a contender at flyweight. He was a non champion who had never fought at flyweight.

I suggest you "fans" stop caring so much about titles and just focus on fights. Are you fight fans or title fans?

If the title's are meaningless then they should be removed completely. People want to see Conor fight but a lot of fight fans actually care about the title. Conor apparently does as well since he wants to hold them as long as possible without defending.

I say give him another year or 2 to defend if not strip him immediately
That's harsh, what if he has another baby or maybe wants to start a marathonian career (which looks pretty good at) ?

He's the best fighter because he's better than all the other fighters. He's better than Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, etc.
The trolling is strong in this one.

Plus, dumdums, remember, "stripping" him doesn't really mean anything anyway. He'd still earn 8 figures per fight and get PPV points. And he'd still be the best fighter. The only thing different would be names written on websites and TV graphics.

Take what happened at featherweight, for example. They "stripped" Conor of the featherweight title. Yet, Conor is featherweight champion.
Holloway is the fw champion and he defended it

At this point, this is getting silly.If it were anyone else- he'd have to put pen to paper or stripping of belt.
The funny thing is I think he handles Ferguson and early.I think, stylistically, khabib really only threat-with his size, don't know if Conor could get up once taken down.

He is not the best fighter. His belt only means he can beat Eddie. Either fight or move on. It’s not like he did a whole lot in that division.
Let’s give credit where it is due. He beat a fringe top ten fighter in a rematch before that. Kind of beat him, anyways

Plus, dumdums, remember, "stripping" him doesn't really mean anything anyway. He'd still earn 8 figures per fight and get PPV points. And he'd still be the best fighter. The only thing different would be names written on websites and TV graphics.

Take what happened at featherweight, for example. They "stripped" Conor of the featherweight title. Yet, Conor is featherweight champion.

LOL

@johncola

'Conor is better than Ferguson, Khabib, GSP etc cos I said so'

'I'm so intelligent'

4459353701_826a3c120d.jpg

You earned it in this thread buddy.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
The sad thing is that even if Conor gets stripped a second time, his braindead fanboys will still say "best ever", "13 seconds", "only one to hold 2 titles at the same time"

The sad thing is that even if Conor gets stripped a second time, his braindead fanboys will still say "best ever", "13 seconds", "only one to hold 2 titles at the same time"
Don't look too much into the arguments of children.

That's an absolute given. lol

No shit?

Conor should have been stripped the second he signed to fight Mayweather instead of defending. Ferguson shouldn't even have to fight Khabib to be an offical champion.

He's the best fighter because he's better than all the other fighters. He's better than Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, etc.
if so he needs to prove that but guess what, he doesnt.

Ferguson is willing to prove that he is the best. Conor is not. he is 1-0 in the lw division. Conor is no champion in my books and i would prefer seeing him stripped. Those ufc titles are tarnished enough and its time to make them legit again. MW title is off to a good start imo.

Pointless to strip the title unless Conor either states his intention not to fight (like a Diaz bro or GSP) or he ducks a contender (like DJ).

Contract negotiations with the UFC are the only reason he hasn't fought.

I suggest you "fans" stop caring so much about titles and just focus on fights. Are you fight fans or title fans?

Ferguson is legit and deserves a title. That's why he has one.

Championship is a major focus of fights/combat sports.

We want to see the BEST, and the title is that accolade.

Thats why its called The Ultimate Fighing CHAMPIONSHIP.

Back