Joe Rogan & Mike Goldberg were the best commentary team in mma

sorry but goldie was a can at commentating. after listening to dc and cruz breakdown fights as its happening you realize how bad goldie was

At least you are keeping in line with your dislike for him. Unlike all these new 'fans'.
I've never disliked him but prefer more astute input from commentators. He was great for comedic effect. But, that bar is set is little high for the UFC, I realize.

"ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!"

THE GREATEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS SETH PETRUZELLI!!"

some clown after seth petruzelli knocked out kimbo slice.

Whoever that guy was, best ever.

I fucking hate all these new fans of Goldberg. Where the hell were you all when he was employed by the UFC?

I was here bitching and moaning and saying I would boycott the UFC for firing the GOAT commentator. Where were you?

I remember all the while Goldie was in the ufc commenting we all shat on him like there was no tomorrow
He was indeed great and we all now eat our words
But we did shit on him while we had him

Goldie: Terry Martin is a very intelligent young man. Bachelor of Arts in psychology, finished his master's, is working towards his doctorate in clinical psychology. Very cerebral in his approach to life and this fight game.
Joe: Speaking of education, Chris Leben has "PitbullMortgageSchool.com" on his pants.

GOAT team and it's not even close, PRIDE weebs.

<Goldie11>

I didn't even know people raved about the Pride team's broadcasts. They were awful.

Rogan MADE the UFC with his analysis of fighting on the ground. Go back and listen to Pride broadcasts as they try to detail what is happening on the ground... it's brutal.

Lol I never thought I’d see a hipster Goldie fan, bud.
I've always liked Goldie. Yeah, he says idiotic things half the time but that was always part of the charm and after seeing a video where he isn't in 'Goldie' mode and is just discussing his job, I think it is an act.

I didn't even know people raved about the Pride team's broadcasts. They were awful.

Rogan MADE the UFC with his analysis of fighting on the ground. Go back and listen to Pride broadcasts as they try to detail what is happening on the ground... it's brutal.

You must be new to MMA if you didn't know that people think Bas, especially his work in PRIDE, was the best. Make a thread about GOAT commentator today and you'll still get people saying Bas and Mauro (or Bas and Quadros, if they want to be hipstery).

I was here bitching and moaning and saying I would boycott the UFC for firing the GOAT commentator. Where were you?
Doing the exact same thing and defending him even before the firing.

Doing the exact same thing and defending him even before the firing.

0aVRhbE.gif

unintentional humor by Goldie or by them cracking little jokes.

This is a negative not a positive. It's why Goldberg got trashed when he tried calling football.

Have you seen Bellator? Goldberg is awful. More than a decade commentating the sport and he's somehow gotten worse instead of better.

Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg were better than any other commentary team Mauro/Bas/Quadros etc. in my opinion.

They had the greatest balance between calling the fights and providing humor whether it be unintentional humor by Goldie or by them cracking little jokes.

12_misc_005.jpg
Mike was way more entertaining than Anik or any other color commentator , Anik is like a robot tbh.

Not once have I seen support for Goldie until after he was fired. I've been on this site since 2008 and have always said Goldie is a hidden gem and even during his last few years as Rogan slipped further and further into idiocy it was actually Goldie bringing him back to reality or keeping the commentary 50/50.
<escalate99>

There's better commentators than Goldie but their chemistry together was great. Far better than the current bunch. They'll get there though, but I feel Joe might stop commentating before that happens.

There is whole truth in this when you get 5 pages plus of commentary! Goldie was terrific and had a great foil in the presence of Joe Rogan who understands what Goldie does/did not. Goldie had the voice, the enthusiasm, the look, the dress, the verbiages to make this special. Hard to watch any UFC now without the aid and assistance of that new Medical Device called a DVR that relives strain, stress and annoyance of the present announcing team and their plethora of commercials for their next event(s). Petition to bring back Mike Goldberg but think he has found greener pastures in the Bellator landscape.

Back