Joe Rogan & Mike Goldberg were the best commentary team in mma

Goldie was the bestest. I miss him and wish the UFC would bring him back.

giphy.gif

1540366207585.jpg I still miss him, it's not getting any easier guys...

This is a negative not a positive. It's why Goldberg got trashed when he tried calling football.
He got fired from football because fans gave him shit and he went on twitter shit faced and talked a bunch of noise back at them

So I wasn't following MMA closely for the last 5 years or so.

I used to think that Goldie was too cheesy ..

Now I miss him. Anik is annoying. Goldie was great shtick and he always played off of Rogan.

Goldie was a fucking gem, we didn’t know it at the time but he was one of the best commentators we would ever have lol
<Goldie11>

He was.. Even with his mistakes and often funny moments, it was all part of the charm. He was the voice of the UFC forever. I still don’t understand why he was let go? Anik Is nothing special. And at the time you could tell Dana was not even sold because he was teasing some big new commentary team that never happened. Goldie should still be there.

Its funny because people used to shit on the Rogan/Goldie pairing all the time back in the day. Goldie was viewed as a generic corporate robot who was only there to tell you to drink whatever beer the UFC was advertising that month.

Now they're gone people realize they were actually an iconic pairing and the odd couple dynamic worked pretty well. I hope Bellator reunites them one day.

Easily

Joe Rogan is the best at weaving a narrative
And Goldie’s infectious energy and excitement translated into some of the best calls of all time

Goldie gets flack because sometimes he was corny, but for the UFC he was the perfect MMA commentator who was able to walk that fine line between fandom and professionalism.

Perfectly said. Goldie was a fan who had boundless energy on the mic. Yes he made mistakes, but we had gotten used to that over the years and take it as part of the charm of his commentary. I looked at him as the official voice of the UFC. I always thought he would be there. I was stunned when he was let go.

Its funny because people used to shit on the Rogan/Goldie pairing all the time back in the day. Goldie was viewed as a generic corporate robot who was only there to tell you to drink whatever beer the UFC was advertising that month.

Now they're gone people realize they were actually an iconic pairing and the odd couple dynamic worked pretty well. I hope Bellator reunites them one day.

I said when he was let go that people were going to miss him. And it’s happened. People just love things to complain about. Goldie was someone that was easy to pick on because he made mistakes that were often funny. But he also brought a lot of charm and energy to the microphone. That is sorely missed.

I prefer DC and Felder, I can't stand Goldberg, I don't know how the UFC put up with him for so long, once he was replaced by better people you really see how bad he was.

Perfectly said. Goldie was a fan who had boundless energy on the mic. Yes he made mistakes, but we had gotten used to that over the years and take it as part of the charm of his commentary. I looked at him as the official voice of the UFC. I always thought he would be there. I was stunned when he was let go.

{<huh}

A fan? The man knows almost nothing and still doesnt after years of covering the sport. He's not a fan at all.

Him and Rogan were UFC back in the 00's. The fuckin excitement after Face the Pain, then an outside shot of the arena followed by Goldie with a dark octagon behind.

Those were the days

Quadros and Bas were the best, but Goldie and Rogan are def #2. Mauro and Bas are 3.

They aren't as funny, but, as far as calling fights and keeping it interesting while doing so, the best duo in the UFC currently is Gooden and Hardy.

{<huh}

A fan? The man knows almost nothing and still doesnt after years of covering the sport. He's not a fan at all.

He knew plenty. Sometimes he would get overly excited and screw up a line or two. The Goldieisms were classic..

I don’t watch it much anymore this just occurred to me. Why hasn’t mike Goldberg ever come on joes podcast?

See? @Dbreiden83080 gets it.

Seriously, in hindsight, Goldie was hilarious. He worked well with Rogan and his mistakes were usually comedy gold.

My favorite Goldie moment was after an event where he and Joe did a "mic bump" instead of a fist bump. Goldie gets done talking, lowers his mic towards Joe, glances down at the mic then at Joe as if he was saying, "Come on, Joe. Dont leave me hanging". Joe looks at the mic then quickly bumps it with his. You could tell it was something Mike came up with and Rogan wanted no part of it.

My favorite Goldie moment was after an event where he and Joe did a "mic bump" instead of a fist bump. Goldie gets done talking, lowers his mic towards Joe, glances down at the mic then at Joe as if he was saying, "Come on, Joe. Dont leave me hanging". Joe looks at the mic then quickly bumps it with his. You could tell it was something Mike came up with and Rogan wanted no part of it.

Goldie was just a regular guy. He was one of us. Just a fan. Anik Is like a robot out there.

Back