Joey and Rachel were the best couple in Friends.

Was Joey and Rachel the best couple on Friends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well like many shows, over time the characters became caricatures of themselves.

Joey started out as a bit dim witted and then became an absolute idiot, Monica was sort of type a and competitive and became full on OCD, Phoebe's quirkiness was amped up, Etc

They also full on made Ross go from sort of a neurotic type to more of a creepy dude who was confident but kept failing in spite of it.

I agree with all of this except Phoebe. She actually calmed down a bit towards the later seasons. Early on she was weird and kind of stupid like Joey. Seems the writers decided they couldn't have two fucking idiots and toned Phoebe down a bit. The problem is she kind of became a generic character with nothing that really stood out much. Aside from the pregnancy season. I'm glad they changed her character though cause early on she was annoying as hell and the only character I didn't like.

I liked the coupling way better than Ross/Rachel.

A goofy, fun loving, airhead soap opera fanatic in Rachel. With either:

A goofy, fun loving, airhead soap opera star in Joey.

or

A stiff, whiny, Jewish paleontologist who's every passion in life bores her to tears in Ross.

We get it, he has a crush on her when they were kids. But that doesn't make them some predestined couple for all eternity. They tried time and time again and it didn't work out. Would have like to see Joey lay the fucksmack on Rachel.

I liked the coupling way better than Ross/Rachel.

A goofy, fun loving, airhead soap opera fanatic in Rachel. With either:

A goofy, fun loving, airhead soap opera star in Joey.

or

A stiff, whiny, Jewish paleontologist who's every passion in life bores her to tears in Ross.

We get it, he has a crush on her when they were kids. But that doesn't make them some predestined couple for all eternity. They tried time and time again and it didn't work out. Would have like to see Joey lay the fucksmack on Rachel.
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Preach it brother!!

Horrible, they just through it together with the premise "well we didn't have these two hooking up yet, so let's try it"

I agree with all of this except Phoebe. She actually calmed down a bit towards the later seasons. Early on she was weird and kind of stupid like Joey. Seems the writers decided they couldn't have two fucking idiots and toned Phoebe down a bit. The problem is she kind of became a generic character with nothing that really stood out much. Aside from the pregnancy season. I'm glad they changed her character though cause early on she was annoying as hell and the only character I didn't like.

Very true. You’re right she was more spaced out and weird early on.

Pregnancy season was good. Show in its prime.

Yup.
Ross is a possessive jealous creep. David Schwimmer as Ross was really funny, but Ross in relationship to Rachel sucks.
I didnt care for Joey/Rachel at first, but after a few rewatches I love them. They seemed natural. Feels like the show was going to make them happen for real, but then realised that there would be a huge outrage if R/R didnt end up together. Their (j/r) relationship ending was too quick after all that buildup, imo.

Ms. Bing & Ross

morgan-fairchild-friends-5a2713b8f8d3ddd65982fde7fcf0e158.jpg

80253_original.png

Fun fact: The HIV virus was introduced to humans because Ross fucked his monkey

original-grid-image-32684-1423763278-22.jpg

Jennifer Aniston = greatest nipple to airtime ratio p4p?

Yup.
Ross is a possessive jealous creep. David Schwimmer as Ross was really funny, but Ross in relationship to Rachel sucks.
I didnt care for Joey/Rachel at first, but after a few rewatches I love them. They seemed natural. Feels like the show was going to make them happen for real, but then realised that there would be a huge outrage if R/R didnt end up together. Their (j/r) relationship ending was too quick after all that buildup, imo.

I agree the way joey And Rachel ended was weird. So much build up then nothing.

Tom Selleck and Monica were a better couple than Joey and Rachel. That was one of the only mistakes the show ever made towards the end when it hit that wall where great shows finally run out of ideas.

Back