John Danaher Back Attacks instructional is out

I'm sure that played a role in his performance. Gary seem to enjoy mma. That makes a big difference on how you perform.
Just curious if someone said that Gordon Ryan and Felipe Pena were the best rear naked chokers since Marcelo Garcia retired would you disagree with them?

I think Vagner Rocha is probably a top 3 rear naked choker at the moment too. A lot of people sleep on his back finishing skills.

Just curious if someone said that Gordon Ryan and Felipe Pena were the best rear naked chokers since Marcelo Garcia retired would you disagree with them?

I think Vagner Rocha is probably a top 3 rear naked choker at the moment too. A lot of people sleep on his back finishing skills.

I agree with your list.

Galagher talks shit about 10th planet

why does this forum ignore 10th planet?

Galagher talks shit about 10th planet

why does this forum ignore 10th planet?

What's wrong with talking shit about 10th planet?
The never won anything big (ADCC, IBJJF Worlds) and are pothead hipsters.

Last edited:
What's wrong with talking shit about 10th planet?
The never won anything big (ADCC, IBJJF Worlds) and are pothead hipsters.

Geo places 3rd. They have very good grapplers they might not be the elite of the elite but that’s the 1% of the Bjj population anyways

You are mad because I said Marcelo or someone who actually uses the moves in competion would be a better buy instead of someone who hasn't. Pretty simple.

I have placed 3rd in pan Americans, won multiple state championship in all belt divisions.

Have won superfights at the Abu Dhabi pro.

I have won multiple super fights in Fight2win pro at black belt.

At the end, I give more credit to people who actually put it on the line win or lose.

I know to many talkers who don't compete but act like their philosophy holds up in actual competition lol.

How old are you?

Tony Ferguson
I would love to see him in a pure grappling setting at some point. I've heard some pretty insane stories about some people he's rolled with in the gym. And I do think he's got some of the better jiu-jitsu in MMA. He's definitely the best 10th Planet guy that's done MMA so far. He did have a foundation under Franjinha at Paragon though. Paragon is well known for their darce game and that's where Tony learned it for example. But yeah he's the only guy pulling off a lot of 10p moves at a high level in MMA. And I can't think of anyone else that's finished a submission from closed guard in a title fight since Anthony Pettis and Chael Sonnen in the past decade.

But if you're talking strictly jiu-jitsu I don't know how much you can count Tony.

I don't believe Geo has ever placed at an ADCC.
Yeah he made the semi finals in 2015. Lost to Frazatto in the semis and then to Tanquinho for bronze. Surprising too because Geo is flexible and doesn't tap often and Tanquinho never taps anyone but he got Geo with a toe hold. In adcc 2017 Geo lost to Paulo Miyao in the quarters.

He's improving though. he looked way better against Frazatto in their rematch and actually had him in some trouble. Had an arm triangle from the back that sort of got jacked up on an out of bounds restart and had a pretty deep kneebar/heel hook on him as well. Frazatto is the most underrated -66kg no gi athlete to me so that's a tough match for anyone. I think Geo does a good job of playing that sub-only style in an adcc format even though he hasn't gotten on the podium yet.

MMA+Vale Tudo accomplishments are best validation of grappling ability. You aren't going to pay the bills with a jiu jitsu belt. UFC belts>BJJ belts

MMA+Vale Tudo accomplishments are best validation of grappling ability. You aren't going to pay the bills with a jiu jitsu belt. UFC belts>BJJ belts

Obviously BJJ belts don't mean much. I view MMA as a different sport. Floyd Mayweather has earned tons of money and he uses some grappling in his boxing to stall but that doesn't mean he is good at BJJ.

Obviously BJJ belts don't mean much. I view MMA as a different sport. Floyd Mayweather has earned tons of money and he uses some grappling in his boxing to stall but that doesn't mean he is good at BJJ.
What grappling does floyd use?
You mean tying up?

And that is not stalling it is defence

my bad, 2015 I think he lost to tanqunho in the semi, I dont remember if he got third though
He didn't. Tanquinho got 3rd at ADCC that year. Geo got real lucky with the bracketing too. In a division that had Cobrinha,Grippo,Eddie Cummings,Bruno Frazzato and Tanquinho, Geo beat a Alexandre Viera who was a Brownbelt then and Jeff Glover to get to the Semis.

Geo's style seems to be a lot more influenced by breakdancing rather the 10th planet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back