John Kavanagh Questions McGregor's Motivation; Says He'll Have to be Convinced to Train Him Again

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kavanagh brings up many good points. Here are his comments:

From the sounds of it, Kavanagh just needs to be convinced that Conor McGregor is properly motivated for any future bouts.

“Honestly? I don’t know. Will he fight again? I don’t know,” Kavanagh said (h/t MMANytt). “I know him as a person and know that coming off two losses — even though one was boxing — will be hard for him. But he’s 30, two kids, and has a big whiskey deal that’s making him more money than fighting ever did.

“Would you get up in the morning to be punched in the face? I don’t think so,” Kavanagh continued. “But he’ll probably call me tomorrow and say: ‘What did you say that for? I’m fighting in March.’ So I don’t know.”

“He would certainly have to convince me to go again. Yeah, I love him. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’. It might be [Nate] Diaz again because he promised that fight. It might be a rematch with Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. But if it was just: ‘Well, they want me to fight that guy’ I think I’d say, ‘I wish you the best.’

“He has a wife and two kids now and I don’t want him taking more hits than he needs to,” Kavanagh concluded. “Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ed-to-train-conor-mcgregor-for-another-fight/

How do you guys feel about this?

Wouldn't be a bad thing for Conor to change camp tbh.

Last edited:
Conor only has a series of brutal ass kickings waiting for him and everyone who cares about him knows it.

Coach K is smart.

He knows his fighter has been brutally exposed, he's just trying to protect his health.

Conor will be back and the reason he will be is because he is an attention whore. Money won't be able to buy him attention. He will fade into obscurity over time. Albeit rich

Kavanagh continued. “But he’ll probably call me tomorrow and say: ‘What did you say that for? I’m fighting in March.’ So I don’t know.”

Confirmed: McGregor headlining UFC 235

McGregor's stated goal from day one was to win 2 belts and retire healthy.

Hope all the fan bois who post with such certainty that he beats max in a rematch with ease read this

“He would certainly have to convince me to go again. Yeah, I love him. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’. It might be [Nate] Diaz again because he promised that fight. It might be a rematch with Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. But if it was just: ‘Well, they want me to fight that guy’ I think I’d say, ‘I wish you the best.’

I can say without a doubt he is completely full of shit here.

Floyd stole Conor's soul, there is no denying in that ...

giphy.gif

Everyone knows Artem has been carrying that camp for years anyway, whatever.

Wow

Irish Edmund playing hard to get on a % of the biggest purse in the business

I dont know if i should <mma4> or <36>

Part of that comments stems from Kavanagh's attitude to prize-fighting. He has expressed his concern about damage and CTE and basically feels you should get out once you have made your money. Conor has made enough money from fighting to set him up for life and now he's starting to make money outside via whiskey and clothing.

What exactly does he offer that Conor cant get from dozens of other places

Back