John Kavanagh Questions McGregor's Motivation; Says He'll Have to be Convinced to Train Him Again

Kavanagh brings up many good points. Here are his comments:

From the sounds of it, Kavanagh just needs to be convinced that Conor McGregor is properly motivated for any future bouts.

“Honestly? I don’t know. Will he fight again?

How do you guys feel about this?

Dance-Celebration-Funny-Gif.gif

In all honesty I would miss digging at him, but it's hard for me to see him being truly motivated to really fight for greatness or legacy that was never his intention his intention was to be rich & famous and he's attained that. Mma for Conor was a means to the end and he has a bank full of means.

I can't even see him training at another gym his ego will not allow him to be a simple student or the man not in control of the gym his student dayz are done just like the UFC he would want equal recognition for being at anyone's gym or club. I see maybe two possibly three fights and he's done. The mystique is gone nobody fears him and everybody just wants to crack him and get that insta fame he tends to bring to those who kick his ass....

Last edited:
Didn't Owen Roddy their striking coach leave recently too?,. things don't seem to be going too good at the SBG dump

You really counting that joke as a fight?
got to agree with you there , it was a cash grab ....still pretty ballsy but surely he realised that he no hope at all of winning that fight.

Oh, so finally Kavanagh is going to teach Conor some real Jiu Jitsu? Maybe Conor will be able to tie his belt now

LMFAO

Conor's success is fully credited to his striking. Kavanagh is his bjj coach... and Conor's BJJ has been useless by MMA standards. Kavanagh needs to stfu. He hit a lucky jackpot, wrote some books about 'coaching' Conor and shit... to get exposure and make money... and look at him talk now as if he's calling the shots. Hilarious. Dude has no one else in the gym

Perhaps Canor talking shit about his camp post-Khabib has touched a nerve

Am I the only one who did not know Conor had two kids?

Lol fake news

They're trying to push a bullshit narrative that Conor simply isn't motivated these days. That's what his nuthugger apologists have been saying, so they can say that the Conor that got beat down wasn't the real Conor, because the real Conor who was motivated would have taken Khabib's head clean off.

Conor was motivated and trained very hard by all accounts. And he got his ass beat. And if he fights again, he'll come prepared and motivated and if he's not fighting Nate or some "midget" (his words), he'll lose anyway.

Disharmony in the camp.

Obviously John can't say exactly what he thinks but i think it's always been fairly implicit that Conor's antics embarrassed him. But they're tolerable when he's winning and printing money for him...

Actually not sure whose side i take here in those circumstances. I don't really care that much either, to be fair.

Sometimes I wonder how people make such huge jumps to a conclusion.

strange.

for all the "we are team" stuff, this guy sure seems to be taking shots at conor....

Conor took ton of damage his last 5 fights . Really shouldnt fight and probably doesnt care .

Imagine how wild Conor would be if he won 229. Khabib really turned things for Conor around. Now his camp is scratching heads.
And it wasn't a close fight. When u get dropped, punched, GNP to close tko, almost kimoraed when Bib is talking to Dana it's very demoralising

Conor is a great fighter and great competitor. UFC would be empty wo him. He has 5 fights and hope it's Dustin Khabib Nate Tony and Max

3 of them are rematch though. Still great
This. Floyd and khabib back to back both Alpha'd him. Beta conor doesnt have rhe motivation

Sometimes I wonder how people make such huge jumps to a conclusion.

Are you one of these guys who has to have everything spat out for them?

To be honest, Kav has essentially said these things in various interviews. Well beyond innuendo. This isn't really complicated nor is it "jumping to huge conclusions".

Go watch his interview with Joe Rogan

Yeah bit sad to see
It was an absolutely insane journey he had from the Mendes fight to the Aldo KO and Alvarez TKO that no other fighter has replicated in such fashion. He pretty much became the biggest star the UFC has ever seen and helped make MMA known to the next level

But there's still hope and I'm sure he will be back motivated and better then ever hopefully

Floyd stole Conor's soul, there is no denying in that ...
Wrong. Maywheater took his mystic Khabib took his soul. The fact that khabib was literally about to change his face by breaking his jaw is giving McGregor and his camp ptsd

Back