John Kavanagh Questions McGregor's Motivation; Says He'll Have to be Convinced to Train Him Again

wow. i like how he tries to imply that the reason Conor got hit by Khabib was because he's not in his prime anymore.

hilarious.

Wouldn't be a bad thing for Conor to change camp tbh.

Yep, been SCREAMING this since forever. Irish Edmund is a trash coach. Take Conor out of SBG and he has ZERO top prospects with only like 1 fighter who's ever made it to a main card (Gunnar).

What really steams me is Irish Edmund is straight up schill trying to cast shortcomings onto his fighter. He's clearly been defensive of any criticism to his coaching, and has been parading the media waves letting it be known to Conor's a lazy unmotivated ass, making bank off his whiskey. Even if it were true, you don't talk about that shit.

Irish Edmund's relationship has been one of a leech since Conor made it big. Let his guy do whatever the fuck he wants, while you dangle by his ball sack sucking the blood out of him.

When coach Andres Pedeneiras and Aldo were DESTROYING the FW division, coach Ped was laying out plans to retire (perhaps Aldo would shift full time to boxing). But after Conor caught him, they cried together and coach Ped made it his mission to get Aldo back to the mountain top. He didn't make BS excuses like "superman gets older" or "I don't think he's motivated".

Conor seriously, GTFO out of there. hell start your own camp out of your garage, go to Mjolnir with your boy Gunnar. Just don't let all those parasites continue bleeding you dry.

Conor only has a series of brutal ass kickings waiting for him and everyone who cares about him knows it.

Coach K is smart.

He knows his fighter has been brutally exposed, he's just trying to protect his health.

"Smart", you mean the same guy who wanted Gunnar to try outgrappling Damian Maia? What's Irish Edmund's record btw without Conor? (excluding all the trash regional promotions).

Conor just needs to pick fun money fights.

He can’t beat the top guys at WW or LW. He’s cherry picked his way through the ufc. He got a good style matchup with Diaz and Alvarez. Not everyone is going to charge or stand still.

Conor should just retire. After what Khabib did to him, he can’t even sell his fake aura to his most diehard fans. He has nothing left to offer the sport.
any Holloway/McGregor rematch thread says otherwise.

If he did it before the Khabib fight he would have rode off into the sunset as a God (He lost the Floyd fight but showed well and his stock went up).

Now, while still very rich, he leaves on a very low note of defeat and destruction and his legacy is badly stained.
Yeah but you don't care too much about legacy when you're 100 million dollars richer. It was never about legacy with Conor. It was about getting rich. In his own words while fighting Khabib "It's only business" I don't think Conor cares too much about it. Now Khabib on the other hand all he talks about is legacy and we need to see Khabib take on all comers and even challenge himself and try to go up to WW and win a belt there if he really cares about legacy. Conor was always about the money. Period. Not about fighting or legacy. When you analyze conor he's a 1 dimensional fighter. He does that 1 trick very well. It has won him championships. But let's face it, he's not anywhere as skilled as say a GSP, Jones, DC, Silva etc. But he made the most money and became the most popular and marketable.

Yeah but you don't care too much about legacy when you're 100 million dollars richer. It was never about legacy with Conor. It was about getting rich.
This is 100% bullshit. You don't train at a sport your entire life and make it to the highest level without carrying an intense level of pride and striving to be the best. Especially someone with Conor's ego. There's only so much money a man needs and Conor has enough for 10 lifetimes. He did before Khabib publicly emasculated him. He truly believed he was the best, and found out he wasn't and that is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. Not to mention the trouncing his public image took after all his pony talk.

I would bet my left nut that Conor would trade back all the money he made from Khabib and more to get his shine back and erase that fight from history if he could.

Kavanagh brings up many good points. Here are his comments:

From the sounds of it, Kavanagh just needs to be convinced that Conor McGregor is properly motivated for any future bouts.

“Honestly? I don’t know. Will he fight again? I don’t know,” Kavanagh said (h/t MMANytt). “I know him as a person and know that coming off two losses — even though one was boxing — will be hard for him. But he’s 30, two kids, and has a big whiskey deal that’s making him more money than fighting ever did.

“Would you get up in the morning to be punched in the face? I don’t think so,” Kavanagh continued. “But he’ll probably call me tomorrow and say: ‘What did you say that for? I’m fighting in March.’ So I don’t know.”

“He would certainly have to convince me to go again. Yeah, I love him. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’. It might be [Nate] Diaz again because he promised that fight. It might be a rematch with Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. But if it was just: ‘Well, they want me to fight that guy’ I think I’d say, ‘I wish you the best.’

“He has a wife and two kids now and I don’t want him taking more hits than he needs to,” Kavanagh concluded. “Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ed-to-train-conor-mcgregor-for-another-fight/

How do you guys feel about this?
hahahahaha

Khabib broke the entire team into pieces

This is 100% bullshit. You don't train at a sport your entire life and make it to the highest level without carrying an intense level of pride and striving to be the best. Especially someone with Conor's ego. There's only so much money a man needs and Conor has enough for 10 lifetimes. He did before Khabib publicly emasculated him. He truly believed he was the best, and found out he wasn't and that is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. Not to mention the trouncing his public image took after all his pony talk.

I would bet my left nut that Conor would trade back all the money he made from Khabib and more to get his shine back and erase that fight from history if he could.
Lol no he wouldn't. He got beat by Cabo late notice I don't fight anymore Nate Diaz. Embarrassed. Conor came back to try to avenge the loss. He did. He has nothing for Khabib. A rematch would be double embarrassing. Just retire Conor. Take your money your whiskey and retire. If he wants fight Nate again for a pay day I'm fine with that too.

For real. Conor needs to go to a big camp. However, that's pretty much impossible -- 155 is the biggest division, and it's so stacked. I think all the other camps have at least 1 top 20 fighter at 155.

Conor is about as likely to fight Holloway again as he is Tony Ferguson.

Why do ppl say this? Nobody thought Conor would have the balls to face Khabib, and he did. As long as there's big money to be had, or an undeserved title shot, Conor is game.

Why do ppl say this? Nobody thought Conor would have the balls to face Khabib, and he did. As long as there's big money to be had, or an undeserved title shot, Conor is game.
I think Conor probably had more confidence before he took the worst beating of his career against Khabib, and he thought he saw holes in Khabib against Iaquinta that he could exploit.

Not to mention, as a financial opportunist, Conor knew Khabib would represent the biggest payday.

Max and Tony not so much. He doesn't want to be in there with unmarketable, cardio machine killers at this stage in his life.

Conor took lots of damage in his last 4 fights. If he wants to come back, I think he'd need a warmup fight.

But this is a guy who built his strengths around total confidence in himself, and taking a smaller challenge might be even worse for his overall well-being, which seems to demand always taking higher risks with higher rewards.

hahaha cause you're a bum. after all Conor's talk about staying loyal, i hope he doesnt have people around him whos like you, whispering doubts, and what ifs, and solutions that goes against his basic belief system.

never mind whether you love/hate Kavanagh or Conor, I'm more interested in which coach/team you'd want a guy like Conor to train with instead

<TheWire1>

Back