John Morgan reports rumour that Machida will make $1.5m per fight in Bellator

He finally made that Anderson Silva money.

Just kidding—no fucking way Machida's making that much. Maybe for the entire life of his Bellator contract.

If true they need that dazn money. And Viacom will probably sell it soon.

Makes 0 sense. He's not even close to a draw. If so, that's the dumbest business move in MMA history.

Andrei Arlovksi made them much fighting Fedor in Affliction.

And we all know what happened to Affliction.

No fucking way.

That type of money is easily in Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey and GSP territory.

Isnt that the fat guy? that guys works for the UFC so its probably his job to badmouth Bellator

For Bellator sake I hope this isn't accurate but if it is good for machida

I don't believe that.....

Especially considering the UFC matched Bellators offer.....i highly doubt the UFC values him that high or even bellator.

I'm sure he's getting good ass money plus sponsors but no way.

You guys are forgetting that Bellator has money to throw around now. With DAZN’s investment in them, they need big names and big fights. Machida is a name. He’s a household name and you put him in with Mousasi and Rory or Bader or Fedor or whoever the hell else, ppl will watch. I think $1.5m is reasonable considering they’re working with DAZN.

Id believe the entirety of his contract being worth 1.5m, but per fight is insane.

Great for machida if true, but I doubt it. Machida is a name,but he isn’t a household name.

You guys are forgetting that Bellator has money to throw around now. With DAZN’s investment in them, they need big names and big fights. Machida is a name. He’s a household name and you put him in with Mousasi and Rory or Bader or Fedor or whoever the hell else, ppl will watch. I think $1.5m is reasonable considering they’re working with DAZN.

you're completely clueless if you think A) Machida should be paid that much b) that its sustainable c) that the deal with DAZN makes that much of a difference that you can justify paying Lyoto Machida 1.5M a fight.

If he gets 1.5M for 3-5 fights with Bellator, that's understandable (even 500k is a LOT for Machida, prob should be over 5 fights). But for each fight? That's a bit too much. He would tank the company.

I don't like Machida, but good for him. And for the usual nay sayers spewing IT CAN'T BE TRUE without any evidence, even 375,000 per fight for 4 fights is still some really good money. Plus sponsorship dollars depending on the companies he is advertising, if it's a 4 fight deal and a total of 1.5 million dollars, that is $375,000 per fight plus sponsors could still bring it to $500,000 to $750,000 per fight, and I am doing low numbers, that's still pretty darn good. But $1.5 million per fight is great.

Maybe it’s like that “6 figure contract” they kept talking about on TUF (when in reality it was something like 100,000 for a 3-fight deal, 20k/20k, with the full amount only being real if they won each fight).

Doubt it. That's Affliction money.

I don't believe that.....

Especially considering the UFC matched Bellators offer.....i highly doubt the UFC values him that high or even bellator.

I'm sure he's getting good ass money plus sponsors but no way.

A bit confused, if they matched his offer why isn't he in the UFC?

Back