John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

Absolutely, and liberals are ducking this discussion. Sweep it under the rug, type thing for them.

If I had to side between white nationalist goobers who wear NAZI flags or far left commie creeps who want to shut down all free speech, well....commies are gonna take an ass whooping for the ages.

NAZIs - CONS
-------
Intolerant based on color (stupid)
Intolerant towards gays and trans (stupid)
Gravitate towards authoritarian figures

NAZIs - PROs
--------
Nationalists
Believe in capitalism
Don't wish to eliminate white people

ANTIFA - PROS

......literally can't think of any

ANTIFA - CONS

Suppress free speech
Discriminate against white people
Want to flood the country with 3rd world immigrants based on color
Pro-big government/nanny state
Believe in communism (despite evidence of its failures)

Yeah, I gotta side with NAZIs here. ANTIFA just is a shitshow where NAZIs look better.

FIY, most NAZI's are about as sharp as a cue ball, but they look like reasonable people next to ANTIFA.
I wonder how long you will last here.

<{1-16}>

it's a typical bully tactic: attack, attack, attack and then when you get backlash play the victim
They've turned that shit up to eleven recently for a mysterious reason nobody can figure out because it's so obscure, who could imagine what that reason might be, what could have encouraged them?
I, personally, can't even hazard a guess.

You think the Nazis didn´t suppress free speech?????

<Dany07>

And you seem to be the one avoiding the actual topic of your own thread by misrepresenting what Olivers segment was actually about. Whataboutism, a point you seem to be making for Oliver here.
You mean the Nazis aren't the champions of free speech that everyone thought they were?

You mean the Nazis aren't the champions of free speech that everyone thought they were?

Some people on this very forum will argue that the Nazis were not far right. So not to surprised really.

Absolutely, and liberals are ducking this discussion. Sweep it under the rug, type thing for them.

If I had to side between white nationalist goobers who wear NAZI flags or far left commie creeps who want to shut down all free speech, well....commies are gonna take an ass whooping for the ages.

NAZIs - CONS
-------
Intolerant based on color (stupid)
Intolerant towards gays and trans (stupid)
Gravitate towards authoritarian figures

NAZIs - PROs
--------
Nationalists
Believe in capitalism
Don't wish to eliminate white people

ANTIFA - PROS

......literally can't think of any

ANTIFA - CONS

Suppress free speech
Discriminate against white people
Want to flood the country with 3rd world immigrants based on color
Pro-big government/nanny state
Believe in communism (despite evidence of its failures)

Yeah, I gotta side with NAZIs here. ANTIFA just is a shitshow where NAZIs look better.

FIY, most NAZI's are about as sharp as a cue ball, but they look like reasonable people next to ANTIFA.

Quoting dis.

<SelenaWow>

You know Nazis murdered 17 million people right? It was kinda a big deal. Pretty dure ANTIFA hasnt murdered 17 million people.

And ANTIFA represent an ideology responsible for the deaths of over 100 million in the 20thCentury. This isn't about picking sides, this is about right and wrong and ANTIFA are every bit as bad as the people they claim to stand against. So having the mainstream media and entertainment industry defend them leaves a nasty taste in peoples mouths. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

Just looking at the past year and it's pretty clear that far more innocent, ordinary people have been on the receiving end of ANTIFA violence than actual Nazis. So for every Richard Spencer getting a slap there are multiple other people who are not in way shape or form 'Nazis' but who have still suffered the same treatment.

Anyone defending ANTIFA is no better than someone defending the KKK.

Last edited:

Starts at 6:20 and ends around 7:30

Pretty effing disgraceful. This guy equates ANTIFA attacking protestors in Charlotsville (regardless of what kind) as "kicking Hitler in the balls with Crocs on" and this having no implication of one of the protestors running a car through the ANTIFA crowd. Pretty sure, if ANTIFA did not show up to start the fight with protestors, the tragedy could have been avoided.

I always wondered if the show has any real credibility, well, it never did clearly. Just leftist talking point regurgitation.

antifa is shit

but

youre making it sound as if a white nationalist driving a car through people was antifa's fault. no. it was his fault for being a pos.

This. I don't like the leftist spin on it, but it's still really good regardless. You learn a lot from these. The one on retirement accounts was particularly good.

its crazy that CNN, Fox, MSNBC and the like could learn a thing or two about investigative journalism from shows like this. or hell, even ESPN.

poor neo-nazis all they want to do is be hateful extremists without any consequences <{1-11}>

This is dangerous thinking.
I get that everyone's a bit of a hypersensitive girl when it comes to nazi ideology and iconography, but this logic of "it's okay to kick the shit out of them because of the beliefs they hold" is too easy to abuse, and too easy to assign to other groups that you don't like.

You guys are exactly the same as the righties who think all Muslims deserve to have the shit kicked out of them simply by virtue of their loyalty to a totalitarian and intolerant ideology.

antifa is shit

but

youre making it sound as if a white nationalist driving a car through people was antifa's fault. no. it was his fault for being a pos.

Antifa started this shit and their thug goons who happen to have anti-white views.

There is a 1st degree murder and then there is a 2nd degree murder. This was a 2nd degree murder- not too different when to people get into an argument, shit gets emotional and one snaps. It's not same as 1st degree heinous premeditated execution.

This is dangerous thinking.
I get that everyone's a bit of a hypersensitive girl when it comes to nazi ideology and iconography, but this logic of "it's okay to kick the shit out of them because of the beliefs they hold" is too easy to abuse, and too easy to assign to other groups that you don't like.

You guys are exactly the same as the righties who think all Muslims deserve to have the shit kicked out of them simply by virtue of their loyalty to a totalitarian and intolerant ideology.
This is dangerous thinking. It comes close to intimating that all actions, regardless of context, share a moral equivalency, and since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical.

Back