John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

This is dangerous thinking. It comes close to intimating that all actions, regardless of context, share a moral equivalency, and since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical.

Could you elaborate?
You appear to be speaking out of your ass.

This is dangerous thinking. It comes close to intimating that all actions, regardless of context, share a moral equivalency, and since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical.

'intimating'

This is dangerous thinking.
I get that everyone's a bit of a hypersensitive girl when it comes to nazi ideology and iconography, but this logic of "it's okay to kick the shit out of them because of the beliefs they hold" is too easy to abuse, and too easy to assign to other groups that you don't like.

You guys are exactly the same as the righties who think all Muslims deserve to have the shit kicked out of them simply by virtue of their loyalty to a totalitarian and intolerant ideology.
yes, *exactly the same*

Antifa started this shit and their thug goons who happen to have anti-white views.

There is a 1st degree murder and then there is a 2nd degree murder. This was a 2nd degree murder- not too different when to people get into an argument, shit gets emotional and one snaps. It's not same as 1st degree heinous premeditated execution.

so lets just let him go free then. i mean hes the good guy in this who just got provoked and "snapped" right?

Well, no. You're slightly worse.
i'm a bad person because i don't care if neo-nazis get punched for being neo-nazis? i mean i wouldn't advocate in favor it i just don't care if neo nazis cry because they got shut down

I was quoting Oliver, I think the source of your crying is becoming clear: he intellectually intimidates you.

Oh, definitely. The dude's an intellectual giant.

But back to the point, you honestly don't think that there is a problem when "he's a hateful extremist" is as much justification as is necessary to override one's moral aversion to using violence to solve problems?

I'm not a pacifist, but shit seems tense as fuck over there, and resorting to "punch a nazi!" at a time when nazis are generally little more than sad and lonely losers who are only "nazis" because they think that they're victims and are looking for a gang to join and a "defiant" identity to adopt, sounds like a pretty pathetically stupid, petty and self-destructive response to a fairly minor problem.

Oh, definitely. The dude's an intellectual giant.

But back to the point, you honestly don't think that there is a problem when "he's a hateful extremist" is as much justification as is necessary to override one's moral aversion to using violence to solve problems?

I'm not a pacifist, but shit seems tense as fuck over there, and resorting to "punch a nazi!" at a time when nazis are generally little more than sad and lonely losers who are only "nazis" because they think that they're victims and are looking for a gang to join and identity to adopt, sounds like a pretty pathetically stupid, petty and self-destructive response to a fairly minor problem.
Oh, it's a non problem. There aren't many of em.
But they're encouraged, as I said, for some mysterious reason that nobody can fathom. And I don't want them emboldened to the point that they're marching in the streets instead of having their meetings on farms.

Yeah he basically says we should ignore antifa violence, because one guy hit a girl with a car.

I'd call Oliver a moron, but that would be selling his role short as a shill.

Poor little nazis... first a SJW LIBERRULL ELLITE video game about killing the nazis... and now a comedian is being mean to them.

I think they need a safe space to protect their little feelings

i'm a bad person because i don't care if neo-nazis get punched for being neo-nazis? i mean i wouldn't advocate in favor it i just don't care if neo nazis cry because they got shut down

Advocacy does not necessarily require that you stand on the streets and say "yeah! Punch that fucking nazi in the face," like a drooling lunatic.
You do care. You do advocate for violence. And yes, that makes you as bad as others who advocate for violence and make light of its use as a tool of political persuasion.

Nazism, much like Islam, should be resisted, intellectually challenged, and answered at every available opportunity.
Attempting to beat either ideology into submission is unlikely to resolve anything.
All you guys seem keen on doing is chasing the monsters into the shadows... where you can't see them.

At what point when white nationalist storm through our town demanding that we get out of their town do we retaliate?

Commies, vegans, Nra supporters have never caused any trouble in this town. But the "White nationalist" fucktards want to storm through towns declaring war with tiki torchers.
is this a rhetorical question?

when the nazis actually commit violence is the only time you can use violence to defend yourself

It's not the Nazi marchers that are the problem, it's the media reporting that they do it?

You completely missed my point, those racist idiots are a problem I am talking about the open talk of violence against them that no one seems to have a problem with #punchaNazi style. That is a problem too, they BOTH are problems.

EDIT:
Also the violence against the right in general and a media like pass about it. Some may talk about it but not much. From right leaning speakers, to Trump rally's a lot of disgusting forms of violence. It's one thing to get in a bar fight or train MMA but to fight and attack people free speech is crazy.

Last edited:
This is dangerous thinking.
I get that everyone's a bit of a hypersensitive girl when it comes to nazi ideology and iconography, but this logic of "it's okay to kick the shit out of them because of the beliefs they hold" is too easy to abuse, and too easy to assign to other groups that you don't like.

You guys are exactly the same as the righties who think all Muslims deserve to have the shit kicked out of them simply by virtue of their loyalty to a totalitarian and intolerant ideology.

John Oliver was talking about "Whataboutism" and how instead of answering the question every Trumpster is replying with "What about... blah blah blah and what about blah blah blah". Focus on answering or solving the problem instead of spinning and pointing at another problem.

He used examples of a guy fucking a bear, a troll doll impersonating the 10th president of the US, a killer clown with a knife, and a sloth sneaking behind someone to kill him with a knife to prove his points. But yeah let's focus on a picture of a girl wearing a purple croc and kicking hitler in the balls...

<Ellaria01>

righties love to call the left snowflakes and yet it's threads like this that make me wonder who the real snowflakes are... lol.

please continue to be upset about nothing.

<CerseiPlotting>

ps. This post wasn't for you even though I replied to it. I am not calling you a trumpster or someone supporting trump but you clearly did not watch the John Oliver skit or if you did then you did not understand it. its okay...

Last edited:
The defense and sometimes promotion of ANTIFA by Liberal outlets is insane, even for them. They are going to regret it big time one day. It's such a dangerous line to walk for them. When one of these morons truly goes nuts, there is going to tape after tape, of these Liberal hacks encouraging them.

Back