John Wick Director Tackling Ed Brubaker's KILL OR BE KILLED

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
JOHN WICK Director Chad Stahelski Tackling Ed Brubaker's KILL OR BE KILLED

TVYm2Ye.jpg

Director Chad Stahelski is teaming up with his John Wick producer Basil Iwanyk to bring to the big screen Kill or Be Killed, a comic book from Winter Soldier creator Ed Brubaker. Dan Casey, who previously adapted the Brubaker comic Incognito, now set up at Columbia, is attached to write the script.

Iwanyk will produce with Erica Lee of the duo's Thunder Road, the company behind awards contender Wind River as well as the Wick action movies. Jeff Waxman (mother!) is also producing. Brubaker will act as executive producer.

The project tells of a depressed college student who attempts suicide. He survives due to unlikely events but is soon visited by a demon who explains that he was the one who spared the student's life. But there's a price to be paid: Going forward, the young man will be allowed to live one month for every person he kills.

Sean Phillips draws the comic, which is currently being published by Image Comics.

Brubaker is the prolific comics author perhaps best known for his work that revitalized Captain America in the 21st century and also reintroduced the character of Bucky Barnes as assassin Winter Soldier, who was then featured in Marvel's Captain America movies.

Brubaker often focuses on the crime and thriller genres and in recent years has garnered acclaim for his comics such as The Fade Out, a Hollywood noir, and Fatale, a supernatural noir.

Casey wrote Kin, a crime thriller produced by Shawn Levy that Lionsgate is releasing in summer 2018. He is repped by CAA and Writ Large.

Stahelski is the stunt coordinator and second unit director who put his action knowledge to good use with the 2014 breakout John Wick. He followed that up with this year's John Wick: Chapter Two and is now in preproduction on John Wick: Chapter Three. He is also attached to direct the Highlander remake.

'John Wick' Director Chad Stahelski Tackling Ed Brubaker Comic 'Kill or Be Killed' (Exclusive)

Brubaker is the man. I love his noir, and it would be cool to see Criminal adapted as a series, but this sounds dope too.

This could be better than the comic. I finiished vol2 and so far cant stand the narration style or the amount of time spent on the chick kirA. Phillips art took a dive too

He looks like the Great Artem Lobov in that picture

This sounds interesting if they make it horror themed and bring on the grittiness we can have something really fun on our hands.

No idea about the source material just what Dragon posted but it has potential good luck to them give us a good movie.

This sounds interesting if they make it horror themed and bring on the grittiness we can have something really fun on our hands.

No idea about the source material just what Dragon posted but it has potential good luck to them give us a good movie.
For the first two volumes it isnt 100% that the demon isnt in his head. The story is very violent, and street level which is what brubaker does

Was reading the series but lost interest.

Might have to check this out.

I read it since it was announced and I think I'm going to love this movie.

Might suffer from the Kick Ass + Death Note comparisons though.

Back