Johnny Hendricks Released by UFC, Bellator Bound?

Hendricks is coming for that Road FC openweight belt.... or at least the weigh in and paycheck

PFL wouldnt be a bad landing spot for him. Chance to make some money, would be a name for them and wouldnt have to fight top guys in the world.

Why not reinvent himself and be the new Jimmy Ambriz in Japan?

PFL wouldnt be a bad landing spot for him. Chance to make some money, would be a name for them and wouldnt have to fight top guys in the world.

I think that’s his best landing spot. 1 million for the season winner and at 185? Is thin as hell there at the PFL

I bet he is going to be one of the unannounced alternates in the heavyweight tournament.

I think that’s his best landing spot. 1 million for the season winner and at 185? Is thin as hell there at the PFL
I would be extremely surprised if he even made the finals in the Middleweight tournament there.

Would Hendricks make weight consistently in order to stay in the tournament for a few months?
Even then, Taylor and Gamzatov have a good chance at dusting him.

Is it possible for Hendricks to be PFL champion? Yes. It's mostly Anthony Smith-level competition over there. But things would really have to change with Johny.

Sadly for him, the highlight of his career was losing to GSP.

I would let any UFC fighter with name recognition into Bellator. Plus, Hendricks is a former UFC champion.

I would be extremely surprised if he even made the finals in the Middleweight tournament there.

Would Hendricks make weight consistently in order to stay in the tournament for a few months?
Even then, Taylor and Gamzatov have a good chance at dusting him.

Is it possible for Hendricks to be PFL champion? Yes. It's mostly Anthony Smith-level competition over there. But things would really have to change with Johny.

Not sure if Gamzatov is on the 185 or 205 gp! If he is in the 185 he will destroy out of shape Hendricks any day

I think Bellator should collect him, I don't think he's absolutely terrible..he could still be a decent gatekeeper for Bellator at 185.
I think he'd be a good fit for Bellator... but I have an overwhelming feeling he ends up in ONE.

This is a no brainer for Bellator. MW lacks big names and high ranking fighters so this will definitely beef it up. Salter vs Hendricks?

Calling it now

Hendricks signs with Bellator and gets booked for a fight against rampage. Catchweight of 287.76LB
This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

No way both fighters agree to cutting weight.

<mma4>

Oh well, maybe outside of USADA testing he might make weight, and maybe even be competitive.

He should have been taking those next steps for his last several fights. Could have made a difference on the scale.

This is a no brainer for Bellator. MW lacks big names and high ranking fighters so this will definitely beef it up. Salter vs Hendricks?

Would be a good win over a name opponent for Salter if it should happen

Thought about this fight myself.. I like it

Back