bar x 10; 40 x 5
55kg x 3
62.5kg x 3
70kg x 3
55kg 3x6

SGDL: 110kg 4x6
EZ-Curls: 30kg x 10; 25kg 2x12

BW 93kg
Hips felt wonky today, punch the clock workout.

Sounds like you're going through a bit of a rough patch, mate?
Hope you feel better soon.. dbol and tren will sort your test levels out ;)

jks

Thank you, I'll look out for some special offers :wink:
This might just have been a random drop, as this time I've been tested in the afternoon instead of in the morning (or whatever).

Just some reheated frustration, considering all in all I'm on the upswing from some less than ideal six months.
Objectively seen, life's pretty good right now, just some confidence and girl problems (feel free to feel bad for me, son).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some reheated frustration, considering all in all I'm on the upswing from some less than ideal six months.
Objectively seen, life's pretty good right now, just some confidence and girl problems (feel free to feel bad for me, son).

Well, everyone has girl troubles, mate. And they have the power to make you feel really fucking low at times.
I remember when I was having shit with my missus, there were times where I didn't want to go home because the atmosphere was just utter shit. We're good now, better than ever.

To quote the late great Albert Einstein, "Bitches ain't shit, but hoe's an' tricks". If someone has the power to make you feel like crap, then they're not worth stress. Cut them loose and focus on the shit that really matters... like getting Jakt n Tanned.

Well, everyone has girl troubles, mate. And they have the power to make you feel really fucking low at times.
I remember when I was having shit with my missus, there were times where I didn't want to go home because the atmosphere was just utter shit. We're good now, better than ever.

To quote the late great Albert Einstein, "Bitches ain't shit, but hoe's an' tricks". If someone has the power to make you feel like crap, then they're not worth stress. Cut them loose and focus on the shit that really matters... like getting Jakt n Tanned.

Good to hear that both of you put work into your relationship and it shows results.

If it hasn't been said already, you and Jaunty should set up life coaching with the header "Pity is free; envy has to be earned".

Deadlift:
60kg x 5; 90kg x 5; 120kg x 3
140kgx 3
160kg x 3
180kg x 3

Front Squat:
90kg 4x6

Bench:
bar x 10; 50kg x 5; 70kg x 5
80kg x 3
90kg x 3
100kg x 7 (PR)
80kg 3x6

RD Fly:
40lbs 4x12

Had some strange grip problems on the top deadlift set, switched to mixed grip.
Benching felt solid, failed at the 8th rep, but only closely.

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 40kg x 3
60kg x 2
70kg 3x2 (PR double)

Squat:
60kg x 5; 90kg x 3
105kg x 5
120kg x 5
135kg x 5

OHP:
bar x 10; 40 x 5
50kg x 5
57.5kg x 5
65kg x 7

Klokovs:
40kg 2x5

In and out of the gym in 45 min.

Bench:
bar x 10; 50kg x 5
75kg x 5
85kg x 5
95kg x 5
80kg 3x5

Deadlift:
60kg x 5; 90kg x 5
130kg x 5

Had to bench first, as all three racks were taken. Woke up feeling nauseous and with zero inclination to train, but went nontheless. It got worse through my bench sets and the first deadlift sets, when I decided to cut it and bail. As I had an exam three hours later, I figured I could spend my time better elsewhere.

BJJ

First time in two and a half weeks, I sucked ass, but goddamn did it feel good to move. Apparently I completely deleted the drop seoi from my memory, didn't manage even one throw of mediocre efficency. Guess something I should drill more of. Had not a lot of energy left when it came to sparring, so I basically crushed and stalled when on top and covered up on the bottom.

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 40kg x 3
60kg x 2
70kg/75kg/80kg/85kg x 1 (10kg-PR)

Squat:
85kg x 5
120kg x 5
135kg x 3
152.5kg x 1
180kg x hold

OHP:
bar x 10; 40 x 5; 50kg x 3
57.5kg x 5
65kg x 3
72.5kg x 1
60kg 3x5

SGDL: 120kg 4x6
DB-Row: 42.5kg 3x10

Did hardly do anything besides studying for ten hours and eating pasta inbetween yesterday. Came in today with the intent to make good on the

Deadlift:
60kg x 5; 90kg x 5; 120kg x 3
150kg x 5
170kg x 3
190kg x 3

Front Squat:
90kg 4x6

Bench:
bar x 10; 50kg x 5; 70kg x 3
85kg x 5
97.5kg x 3
110kg x 1

DB-Curls:
12kg 3x12
RDF: 40lbs 4x12

I need to buy chalk, I still have the first bag I bought nearly three years ago and slowly but surely the stuff has taken up moisture and is getting worthless. Even though I applied it seconds before my top set, my hands were so sweaty they slipped after three reps. I'll probably renew more of my gear, some pieces are getting quite chewed up.

Plan for the next ten days: On Saturday is my brother's 18th brithday party, exam on monday, a job interview on wednesday and the tenth and last exam on thursday evening. In terms of training I'll probably work up to some heavy singles on bench and front squat, maybe some heavy overhead and I'll try to go to BJJ twice. After that, roadtrip through Italy with two of my buddys.

Bench:
bar x 10; 50kg x 5
80kg 2x3
100kg x 2
115kg x 1
125kg x F

Came in with the plan to set a new 1RM may and then do some other stuff. 115 was slow, and against better judgement I took a shot at 125 and failed. Back, elbows and neck were hurting and I wanted to help my parents finish the paint job on our house (because I'm a tad more agile on a scaffold), so I scratched the rest. Right now I can't wait to get it over with my last exam and then I'd like to bury myself for the rest of the year.

Hit 10/10 with my last exam today, I'm glad I've concluded that semester. I didn't go to the gym today, had no drive to lift and forced myself to do some more preparation (damn electronics and its 75% failure rate). Tomorrow I'll help my dad finish the home repairs and might even manage to go to BJJ. On saturday it's planned that we leave before dawn and I'm really looking forward to the trip, I need to get out of the house.

The people who interviewed me on wednesday offered me a student job, so starting after I'm back I'm going to work full time for a medical device company until mid-october and the part time when the new semester beginns. I plan to return to consistent training by then, I'm not satisfied with the overall progress and course of the last year.

Time to resurect this place.

BJJ - 09/19
DLR passes; did rather good in sparring, although I felt the past weeks of scarce training.

BJJ - 09/18
Suplex off single leg, armbar from knee on belly
Again, some good moments rolling. Especially the 5 min I rolled with one of our purple belts and defended myself well. I think side mount and mount (offensively and defensively) are strong posititions for myself at the moment, but I regain guard quite often and lack options from there, which I need to change.

Sa, 19.9.15 – C29W1D1

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 50kg x 3
65kg 5x3

Squat:
65kg x 5; 90kg x 3
115kg x 3
130kg x 3
145kg x 2

OHP:
bar x 10; 40 x 5
55kg x 3
62.5kg x 3
70kg x 3

Deadlift:
120kg x 5; 150kg x 3; 180kg x 2+hold
Bench: 80kg 4x6
RDF: 40lbs 3x12

Because I'll probably only manage to go to the gym on saturdays for the next few weeks, this should maintain some muscle and keep the movements fresh. I came to the conclusion that my bench problem stems from pressing to straight, I need to press towards my head more while keeping my elbows under the bar. With squats I'll lighten the weight a bit and work on driving my shoulders into the bar to stay more vertical.

On what's currently going on in my life, I came back last friday from a great trip to Italy. Did a roadtrip with two of my best friends and we saw Florence and Pisa, ate and drank like kings, and chillaxed like ballers for 4 days on the beach. Back home, I plowed through my course opptions for the next semester for two whole days. On monday I started my student job in a medical technology company in the quality assurance dep. The people are great and though I mostly did paperwork the last week, it is still interesting as hell.

Because I don't want to spend 2h comuting to the gym during the week after work, I'm doing all my main lifts and some little assistance on saturdays and try to go to BJJ as often as possible. I might throw in some BW work at home, but I slowly get the impression that unless I plan something properly, I'll probably won't do it. If everything pans out like I intend, I should be able to lift three times a week in the coming semester, with enough time for work, uni and regular BJJ classes.

In summary, I feel pretty good, I dare say happy right now. For the first time this year I am honestly looking foward to the coming weeks and months.

23/9 - BJJ
packed mat, we went over a combination of double leg with outside trip, shin cross pass and then either into a frame choke, armbar or triangle.

Today

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 40kg x 3
60kg x 2
70kg 3x2

Squat:
60kg x 5; 80kg x 3
100kg x 5
115kg x 5
130kg x 5

OHP:
bar x 10; 40 x 5
50kg x 5
57.5kg x 5
65kg x 5

Hammer Curls:
12kg 3x12
RDF: 40lbs 3x12

Had to basically snatch grip deadlift and carry 75kg concrete walls yesterday. My lower back and elbows/shoulders were somewhat achy, so I forewent deadlifts and bench and did some pump work to get some blood into the area.

BJJ - 30/9
various takedowns, escrima pass, frame choke

BJJ - today
ankle pick, single leg, x-pass, x-pass into side smash

These were some good sessions, had some easier/creative rolling sessions. Apart from some elbow/back fuckery status is not bad right now.

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 50kg x 3; 60kg x 2
70kg x 1
75kg 2x1

Squat:
60kg x 5; 90kg x 3
115kg x 3
130kg x 3
145kg x 3

OHP:
bar x 10; 40 x 5
57.5kg x 3
62.5kg x 3
72.5kg 2x1

Deadlift: 120kg x 5; 150kg x 3; 180kg x 2
Bench: 80kg 4x6
Hammer Curls: 12kg 3x12
RDF: 45lbs 3x12

Up to OHP everything was heavy and shaky, but deadlifts felt surprisingly solid.

Didn't get around to train this week, been sick since monday (and as of today my right knee hurts like hell for no discernible reason), but I thought I'd make a post in acknowledgement of my third year of lifting coming to an end. The last year went by crazy fast and I'll wait with tallying my progress until the end of the year, first I need to translate the rep PRs of the last months into new 1RM. The lectures and courses of the new semester are starting next week, so until mid-december I'll lift on We/Th/Sat.

Power Snatch:
bar x 5; 50kg x 3
60 x 2
65kg 5x3

Squat:
65kg x 5; 90kg x 5
105kg x 3
120kg x 3
135kg x 3

Couple of chins and dips.

Been to jits on monday and had problems taking in air. But training, nontheless. Todays session was good not bad, reps felt mostly solid. Depending on how my scedule ends up tomorrow, I'll have a frame to plan from.

Back