JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the fact that he already looks like he's halfway to being the joker. He just looks like someone that has something really disturbing going on under the surface. I can't wait to see what he's like when he makes the switch to Joker, and also, what ends up setting him off.

Edit: It would be interesting if he was already somewhat crazy due to a traumatic/disturbing past/mental illness at the start of the film, and the rest leads to the tipping point. It would keep a lot of the mystery and intrigue of the Joker intact while still giving insight into his past. Kind of like Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

Last edited:
Phoenix looks great and all but getting good actors in good parts has never been my issue with the DC movies so this means nothing to me.

It looks good, resembles heaths joker. The pictures itself give off a depressing, psychotic dark tone too it

Now, like a venom movie with no spiderman, if it doesnt have batman in it or cliff hang to batman movie, whats the point of a joker movie?

Actually I think bringing in Batman would ruin this movie..

It is supposed to be the story of the Joker not bats.. if there is any hint at Batman I think it should only be a small scene of Joker killing Bruce's parents.. so Batman should only be a kid in this movie.

Actually I think bringing in Batman would ruin this movie..

It is supposed to be the story of the Joker not bats.. if there is any hint at Batman I think it should only be a small scene of Joker killing Bruce's parents.. so Batman should only be a kid in this movie.
But Batman has an integral part in creating Joker. Not sure I would like it if they deviated much from that mythos.

But Batman has an integral part in creating Joker. Not sure I would like it if they deviated much from that mythos.

I could see that in a second movie..

If that's the case, then it is a first half movie pre joker and a second half Batman helps create joker and the movie ends with just a glimps of joker, like they did with Luke in new SW.

I'm not liking that...

Good job on the costumes, sets, look of Phoenix however DC has not been giving the best movies to the public. You go from Leto to Phoenix with the same DC character? DC acts like the movie going public won’t remember or whatever. We do! They had a great movie in Man of Steel, but no sequel yet? Hmmm. I did like the way DC used Batman in Batman vs. Superman in the terms of his fighting and how they shot the scene of him fighting two dozen hostiles on the second floor. I’m waiting for a solo Batman movie. Is it coming? Wonder Woman has a great following and it generated lots of box office revenue. I don’t think they should have casted Momoa as AquaMan imo. The movies trailer looks ok but something about him doesn’t fit.

DC is shitting the bed imo

Update: September 17, 2018

Brett Cullen to Play Bruce Wayne's Dad, Thomas Wayne, in JOKER Origin Movie

A4dXmoL.jpg

Bruce Wayne has a new dad. After Alec Baldwin exited the role last month, Brett Cullen is stepping into the shoes of Thomas Wayne in Warner Bros.' Joker movie. Joaquin Phoenix is playing the title character in stand-alone focusing on the Batman villain.

The news comes a day after director Todd Phillips revealed the first look as Phoenix as the future super villain (sans-makeup). The actor leads a cast that includes Robert De Niro, Deadpool 2's Zazie Beetz and Glow actor Marc Maron.

Cullen has experience with comic book films, having appeared in 2007's Ghost Rider and 2012's The Dark Knight Rises. On the small screen, he's had roles on Person of Interest, Queen of the South and Narcos.

Joker, which is filming now, is described as a crime drama that will not be part of the continuity of DC's other films, such as Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-movie-casts-brett-cullen-as-thomas-wayne-1144117

Update: September 17, 2018

Brett Cullen to Play Bruce Wayne's Dad, Thomas Wayne, in JOKER Origin Movie

A4dXmoL.jpg

Bruce Wayne has a new dad. After Alec Baldwin exited the role last month, Brett Cullen is stepping into the shoes of Thomas Wayne in Warner Bros.' Joker movie. Joaquin Phoenix is playing the title character in stand-alone focusing on the Batman villain.

The news comes a day after director Todd Phillips revealed the first look as Phoenix as the future super villain (sans-makeup). The actor leads a cast that includes Robert De Niro, Deadpool 2's Zazie Beetz and Glow actor Marc Maron.

Cullen has experience with comic book films, having appeared in 2007's Ghost Rider and 2012's The Dark Knight Rises. On the small screen, he's had roles on Person of Interest, Queen of the South and Narcos.

Joker, which is filming now, is described as a crime drama that will not be part of the continuity of DC's other films, such as Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-movie-casts-brett-cullen-as-thomas-wayne-1144117

I actually like this casting way better than Baldwin

Brett Cullen has the talent to really come off as an asshole

I really like the fact that he already looks like he's halfway to being the joker. He just looks like someone that has something really disturbing going on under the surface. I can't wait to see what he's like when he makes the switch to Joker, and also, what ends up setting him off.

Edit: It would be interesting if he was already somewhat crazy due to a traumatic/disturbing past/mental illness at the start of the film, and the rest leads to the tipping point. It would keep a lot of the mystery and intrigue of the Joker intact while still giving insight into his past. Kind of like Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

Then how much lunacy do you want the chemicals to bring to the table? A homicidal and mentally unstable guy rubs into some skin dye now

I just want more people to appreciate the inhuman restraint Nolan had to use the original comic-book Joker skillset which was walking around stabbing people

The sheer number of Joker-themed props and gizmos would have been tough to pass on

Not even a bang! gun

Phoenix looks great and all but getting good actors in good parts has never been my issue with the DC movies so this means nothing to me.
I think the difference here is that Joaquin Phoenix is known to be very selective about what roles he takes. I’d like to believe he saw potential in the script and/or treatment.

Then how much lunacy do you want the chemicals to bring to the table? A homicidal and mentally unstable guy rubs into some skin dye now
The movie isn't a copy of the comic book origin story, as far as I understand, so it could be something else beside chemicals that changes things.

Good actor, but he looks 60. A little long in the tooth for an origin story

The difference is I have zero desire to know how the Joker became the Joker.
The character has been around for 80 years and is consistently ranked top 3 villain of all time and top 10 character of all time.
Hollywood doesn't have the talent to write an origin to this character that won't disappoint millions of people.
Hollywood views you as a moron, that they should spoon feed you and you will be happy.

When in fact some movie goers actually like to question and wonder the who’s, what’s and why’s, to enjoy the suspense of not truly knowing or the enjoyment of having characters without the clutter of explanation.

In this sense, I agree with you, an origin story isn’t necessary but it what we’re being given, at least JP will take it serious (excuse the pun, couldn’t help myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back