JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the plan is to film three separate Jokers origin stories based upon the three characters that became the Joker in the comics.

After all, aren't there currently three distinct Jokers in the DC comics?

DC will either:

- include all three Jokers into the mix of the DCU at the conclusion of these three stories.

- keep the "most popular" of the three Joker characters and fold him into,the DCU movie fold.

Joker 1 is Jered Leto.
Joker 2 is Joaquin Phoenix.
Joker 3 is ?

The difference is I have zero desire to know how the Joker became the Joker.
The character has been around for 80 years and is consistently ranked top 3 villain of all time and top 10 character of all time.
Hollywood doesn't have the talent to write an origin to this character that won't disappoint millions of people.

To be fair, since DC is taking a "comic book" approach to its films and basically not having a cohesive universe like the Marvel movies, Im ok with them trying to make a cool flick out of it. At the end of the day this isnt going to be the official canonized Joker origin or anything.

Last edited:
I hope they don’t spoil what his final look would be. That’s transformation reveal should be a great movie moment. Don’t put it in the damn trailer!

You know it's going to get spoiled and posted all over the internet in a few months. It really does take away from seeing movies in the theater nowadays because every asshole wants to run to the internet and spoil things for everyone in pursuit of some form of internet cred or whatever weird shit people desire nowadays. Imagine seeing Seven and already knowing Kevin "Kid Fucker" Spacey was the killer or The Usual Suspects. Those movies wouldn't work these days.

Why would you make a movie with another actor when you just got a new actor to play Joker, and he has only appeared in a brief cameo so far?
WB are retarded
Probably because it was the worst portrayal of the Joker ever. That's why they cut most of his time out of Suicide Squad. Although like Luthor in BVS, I blame the writing and directing not the actor.

STFU, the movie was boring as shit. Good herb and DIPAs couldn't even save it.
Man superhero movies may not be for you then. I don't know how anyone could have found the time to be bored during IW, with so much going on.

giphy.gif

Man superhero movies may not be for you then. I don't know how anyone could have found the time to be bored during IW, with so much going on.

giphy.gif

I enjoyed Xmen 1 & 2,, Spiderman 1& 2, Wolverine films, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk 1, and Batman films.

Therfore, I like superhero movies, I just think the ironman, thor, latest hulk, and latest Spiderman films sucked ass.

I enjoyed Xmen 1 & 2,, Spiderman 1& 2, Wolverine films, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk 1, and Batman films.

Therfore, I like superhero movies, I just think the ironman, thor, latest hulk, and latest Spiderman films sucked ass.

What?

I can't agree with that.

You think they're going to have a good, frightening Joker with a kid friendly rating? At the very least they're going to have to decide if they want a movie people take their kids to or not. If you get stuck in between you get, well, Leto's Joker.

Probably because it was the worst portrayal of the Joker ever. That's why they cut most of his time out of Suicide Squad. Although like Luthor in BVS, I blame the writing and directing not the actor.
I don't think they (the studio) thought it was the worst Joker though.
I remember them saying they were going to be reshooting and changing things up in Suicide Squad to make it 'lighter'. It was probably too dark with the other stuff they had with the Joker.

And when they annoucned releasing this origin story Joker movie, they were saying that Leto's Joker was still on--and that they were making a Bonnie and Clyde kind of thing with him and Harley.
The whole thing is a shit show.
Joaquin's Joker is n't going to look anything like Leto's

I don't think they (the studio) thought it was the worst Joker though.
I remember them saying they were going to be reshooting and changing things up in Suicide Squad to make it 'lighter'. It was probably too dark with the other stuff they had with the Joker.

And when they annoucned releasing this origin story Joker movie, they were saying that Leto's Joker was still on--and that they were making a Bonnie and Clyde kind of thing with him and Harley.
The whole thing is a shit show.
Joaquin's Joker is n't going to look anything like Leto's
It's hard to know what they're thinking, but they cut almost all of his footage, which has always made me think they just weren't crazy about it. That suicide squad movie was a mess though.

I marvel how Joaquin can do with his face, voice, and physicality a level of performance that other actors would rely on prostesthetics and more conspicuous affectations.

Saw the new "preview" with the makeup. I'm sold. Doesn't look like some tryhard shit like Leto did. Looking forward to this.

New test with phoenix as jokers potential look.

Im already sold on it, has me curious, Im def going to check it out. looks more serious not comical or cartoonish. We can finally understand the Joker how he ticks his life background if this is an origin type movie.

So I guess he's gonna do makeup and not the chemical plant fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back