Jon Anik calling Stipe the undisputed greatest heavyweight of all time

Who was he fighting? Oh that's right. Bums.

Stipe is the greatest HW. Clean. 3 title defenses. 6 fight win streak. Also an all round great human being.

Deal with it and embrace it. We are in the Stipe era and it's not going to end any time soon.
This is easily the worst era for HW. You bring up a 6 fight win streak? That’s cute. You said it yourself, anyone can get knocked out at heavyweight. Fedor had a 25 fight win streak...

Just realized what your username and av is. I really don’t have to say anymore.

Fedor defended the PRIDE belt 3 times and defended WAMMA belt 2 times (and won it once against Timmy without losing the PRIDE belt). His opponents since winning the belt were Nog (2x), CroCop, (green) Hunt, Big Tim, Arlovski, Rogers, followed by a loss to Werdum.

Stipe's championship opponents are Werdum, Overeem, JDS and Ngannou. Ngannou is the only one who was in his prime and is probably a better version of Brett Rogers. As much as Fedor could not prove himself in the UFC, he fought Nog, CroCop, Timmy, Arlovski and Werdum in their primes. Stipe needs 2 more top wins before he can enter the overall HW GOAT conversation. He is definitely the UFC HW GOAT.

Stipe would beat can crusher Fedor in his prime.

Stipe is the GOAT. 3 title defenses in the toughest promotion against the best guys in the world.

After he humiliates DC and Brock I hope people will start putting some respect on his name.

i
Fedor had 3 title defenses in the toughest promotion against the best guys in the world in PRIDE.

He also defended a belt in Affliction against the #2 ranked fighter.

He also defended a belt in Strikeforce at the time when that was the toughest promotion for a heavyweight.

If you count title defenses he has 5...however he defended his position of #1 heavyweight 18 times in a row (what's the difference between that and title defenses anyway?), majority of which were in tournament or non title fights.

Stipe has to win his next 15 fights in a row to match that particular record of Fedor's. Good luck to him.

Sick of Anik reading off pieces of paper given to him. Worst case scenario he gets fired if he doesn't do it.

i am a huge fedor nuthugger. i even got to watch him fight live. i think he is absolutely one of the greatest hws ever. he was number 1 for a very long time... but stipe is in serious contention if not already there...

stipe has to fight the lhw champ right now because there arent many hw for him to fight. he already beat em. if cain can return and beat someone in the top 5, while stipe betas dc, stipe can become the best hw of all time if he beats cain.

And where is Struve now lmao? Oh that's right he just lost again. At heavyweight anyone can get knocked out which is why having 3 title defenses and a 6 fight win streak is so impressive. Stipe is the greatest heavyweight because he's the most skilled with the most title defenses.

Ya. Fedor was a undersized HW and went 30-1 in a ten years span . Your right, any hw can put your lights out. Fedor never lost in his prime. Stripe got ko by the worst HW.

Last edited:
Who was he fighting? Oh that's right. Bums.

Stipe is the greatest HW. Clean. 3 title defenses. 6 fight win streak. Also an all round great human being.

Deal with it and embrace it. We are in the Stipe era and it's not going to end any time soon.
Bums? Fedor has far more quality wins than Stipe. He has almost twice as many ranked wins as Stipe. I believe Stipe has 7 and Fedor has 12 to 14 wins (depending on which rankings) inside the top 15. Plus, look how old a lot of these guys were when Stipe fought them.

Stipe
Werdum (40 years old but still good)
JDS (33, post Cain, past prime, 1-1)
Reem (36, cracked chin)
Ngannou (no TDD, ground or cardio)
Nelson (36)
Hunt (41 years old w/ bad weight cut)
Arlovski (37 years old on ok streak)
Gonzaga (34 and KO'ed many times)

Fedor
Prime Nog 2x (26 & 28)
Prime Cro Cop (30)
Sylvia (32 and was 24-4 at time)
Prime Herring (24)
Coleman 2x (39 & 41)
Hunt (32 and no weight cut)
Prime Arlovski (29 on amazing streak)
Randleman (32)

Fedor got slept by a MW

Fedor should've been a MW lol. You forgot to mention Henderson name who is a legend and has the heaviest hands. He would sleep stripe too if he hit him clean. Struve can ko him, so can hendo lol.

What's the controversy?

I think it's pretty clear that Stipe has passed Cain as the heavyweight GOAT.

Stipe isn't even as accomplished as JDS, let alone Fedor, Nogueira, or Werdum.

Fedor - #1 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Nogueira 1
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

Coleman
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

JDS - #4 HW of all time

Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Rothwell
Carwin
Hunt
Top 10 fighters defeated (5):
Miocic
Mir
Nelson
Cro Cop
Werdum

Miocic - #6 HW of all time

Werdum
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Hunt
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Arlovski

Confirmed WME shill, Fedor is by far the undisputed HW GOAT
Yea man I'm on the fence about this one. I think stipe is pretty dang good, but Fedor killed his competition and stood out more during his peak.

Forget Fedor. Look at Cain and JDS' records, and it's far from beyond dispute.

They are the current rules of professional MMA.
only in america not counting indian reservations where im pretty sure they will sanction almost any rule set they want and there are still plenty of different mma rule sets around the world in other countries also

Back